4 Former Head Coaches on Falcons' staff

fambro2004 (1/27/2008)
This coaching staff suck. Get ready for the paper bag

ignorant comment......we don't know if the coaching staff sucks or not. right now we do know that most of the players suck - we need as many new players as we can get via draft and free agency. We will need at least two off-seasons to fix this mess.

I did not like these hirings either, but I did not interview these guys nor do I know what it takes to coach in the NFL, just like you and everyone else on the MB. If anything, these guys all have something to prove, and will do what it takes to get back to the greater status they once had.

I just want to see a more disciplined defense. I don't want to see a defense that allows Keith Brooking to get lined up on a wide receiver without safety help. Or offensive linemen who decide to take 3rd down plays off. Or a past his prime running back that runs in self preservation mode. I want to see a smarter team on the field. I aslo want to see more depth at key positions, instead of one old guy who is backed up by a practice squad player. The money and aquisitions need to be better utilized.

falconfrenzy (1/27/2008)
uscg_kid (1/27/2008)
I like this staff and don't understand why other fans are so down on them. Mularky is a good OC but we will not see it this year with no OL and no QB.
we haven't even been through draft & free agency yet...........

I like the staff they have got, but it really matters on the draft and free-agency. If we draft well and free agnet wise, will make my mind up more. But this is a REBUILDING year and people forget that. It might take a couple of drafts to get us back to where we need to be. The AXE is going to fall soon. ;)

g-dawg (1/27/2008)
fambro2004 (1/27/2008)

ignorant comment......we don't know if the coaching staff sucks or not. right now we do know that most of the players suck - we need as many new players as we can get via draft and free agency. We will need at least two off-seasons to fix this mess.

Actually our defensive roster has a lot of talent.

Up until the colts game our defense was top ten.

If we draft Dorsey or Ellis - we probably only need a MLB and possibly a SS.

consistentfalcon (1/27/2008)
We will need at least two off-seasons to fix this mess.

2 or 3 and that too depends on how well the new crew can evaluate , pick and prepare. the past genius didnt do too well so theres no guarantee this one will either.

If you want to look at it from a pessimistic and blind stand point then you are correct.

Or you could have a little faith and see that we have a Gm and HC that are very good talent evaluators.

(Mckay said himself that he wasn't and relied on the reports from his scouts to do his draft, whereas TD was the scout). Smith had significant input in the draft in Jacksonville and said one of the things he enjoyed the most was talent evaluation, and before he was hired TD had reports that Smith was a very good evaluator. So now we still have the old scouts we had before but now we have who many believe are excellent talent evaluators as a HC and GM. If you can't bring something to the table other than you just don't like them or well thats the way it use to be done, then it's time to stop the negative crap, when it's not warranted.

uscg_kid (1/27/2008)
I like this staff and don't understand why other fans are so down on them. Mularky is a good OC but we will not see it this year with no OL and no QB.

I agree. Every single post i click into is "I am thinking about leaving the falcons as a fan; we suck; arthur blank should die; wrong decision again; horrible decisions; mularky is terrible; van gorder is horrible"GET OVER IT AND SUPPORT IT

Falcon4Life (1/27/2008)
uscg_kid (1/27/2008)

I agree. Every single post i click into is "I am thinking about leaving the falcons as a fan; we suck; arthur blank should die; wrong decision again; horrible decisions; mularky is terrible; van gorder is horrible"GET OVER IT AND SUPPORT IT

I think its ironic when fans preach about personal responsibility within the organization then don't realize that comments like "get over it and support it" are totally ignoring the fact that a real fan holds their organization accountable for the decisions they make.

If you don't hold AB responsible for the foolishness he gets into on a regular basis he'll never stop.

g-dawg (1/27/2008)
fambro2004 (1/27/2008)

The draft in your sig would be insane(in a good way).. cept Put Henne in for Flacco.. and that would be one of the best drafts of this franchises history...

btrain5489 (1/27/2008)
Falcon4Life (1/27/2008)
uscg_kid (1/27/2008)

I think its ironic when fans preach about personal responsibility within the organization then don't realize that comments like "get over it and support it" are totally ignoring the fact that a real fan holds their organization accountable for the decisions they make.

If you don't hold AB responsible for the foolishness he gets into on a regular basis he'll never stop.

I can see both sides of what you guys are saying. The first point is though, if the Falcons signed the entire Pro Bowl Roster, the HC with the winningest record ever, the best assistant coaches ever - this board would still be full of "We Suck" threads, Blank is an idiot, fire him, cut him type threads.;)

marinetildeath (1/27/2008)
uscg_kid (1/27/2008)

i'm just wooried about what kind of offense we will run...i liked the spread offense

i think we will run the kind of offense Mulakey ran in Pitt. they had alot of playaction roll outs, a few trick plays, and like to establish the run. i believe during the time he was OC, which i believe is 01-04 seasons that they were number 1 in their division 3 times. the other time they were 3rd.

We will be running the ball alot. Ovie will be able to show why he got the money he got. We also will probably pick up a free agent back. Also we will be drafting a QB and OL. And probably bring in some OL through free agency. On D, i think we will be drafting LBs and DLs depending on the health of the guys returning. Also i think we will grab a safety through free agency.

I dont know what all the talk about we cant be competitive for a few years. If we can fix the OL and get a QB who can hand the ball off and throw deep, then we can be a playoff team next year. We have alot of the pieces on defense and Murlarkey's offense works well with rookie QBs or QBs with limited skills. I wouldnt be surprised though with us taking a Ellis or Dorsey or McFadden in the first round and the best available QB in the second. I wouldnt be surprise at all. I personally want Ryan in the first but i dont think he fits what the new regime is into. I wonder how their war room charts at QB look.