"Keep an eye on these guys"

L.Rover

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=766252

Of the more than 100 prospects participating in the event, here are a few players to watch this weekend. These players impressed during the week of practices, and we think they are ready to shine in game.

Chad Henne

John David Booty

Tashard Choice

Justin Forsett

Rafael Little

Lavelle Hawkins

DJ Hall

Andre Caldwell

Jason Jones

Sedrick Ellis

Dan Connor

Leodis McKelvin

Pat Lee

As shown by my avatar, I am a fan of JDB, and think he will be a great NFL QB.

However, although I have doubts about Chad Henne's winning ability, I must say I am very impressed. He also appears to fit our system better, because Mularkey's vertical offense requires a strong arm, which is one of few flaws in JDB's game.

Vargil (1/28/2008)
I'm still trying to understand what you like about John David Booty more then Chad Henne. Since we are both fans of different teams, lets constructively figure this out, since I doubt either of us knows as much about the opposing guy as much as our own.

he is taller and moves better in the pocket, but thats about where it ends.

1989fan (1/28/2008)
Vargil (1/28/2008)
I'm still trying to understand what you like about John David Booty more then Chad Henne. Since we are both fans of different teams, lets constructively figure this out, since I doubt either of us knows as much about the opposing guy as much as our own.

he is taller and moves better in the pocket, but thats about where it ends.

According to stats Henne is actually slightly (by a hair) taller and has better straight line speed. Booty i would agree moves in the pocket better.

Vargil (1/28/2008)

I don't really consider myself a "fan" of USC, but I am an admirer of their talent/system.

As for Booty/ Henne, I am not a fan of Henne for one reason: he has an 0-4 record against The Ohio State & a 1-3 record in Bowl Games. I know pro-Henne people argue that The Ohio State was simply a better team for those 4 years, or you can blame it on Lloyd Carr, but for such a highly-touted QB, a 4-year starter at one of the most prestigious programs in all of NCAAF, Henne just doesn't do it for me. With all that time on the main stage, he was never really the star.

Now this is not to say that Booty is a flashy QB, but instead he represents the direction I would prefer to go with our franchise. Several respectable football minds, most notably Norm Chow, say that Booty is the smartest QB they have ever worked with. He has flawless mechanics, and is really accurate. His main problem, which happens to be Henne's strength, is his lack of arm strength.

Since we hired Mularkey, it appears Henne would fit the system better. Like I said, I am concerned about his lack of the "it" factor, but JDB doesn't fit a vertical system. I still believe that JDB will be a phenomenal QB in the right system, but it doesn't appear this will be that system.