jonahfalcon (1/27/2008)
1. Chris Long

2. Glenn Dorsey

3. Sedrick Ellis

4. Darren McFadden

5. Jake Long

6. Matt Ryan

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/top64...?draftyear=2008

Good. Can we now officially end the "we can't pass on McFadden because he is the best player in the draft" posts. He's rated 4 here, behind 3 other players at positions that are of higher need anyway.

I think it's hysterical how much they move a player up and down because of one game. Which is exactly why none of them are employed by NFL teams. Ellis is good, and I think he'll be a good pro, I'm really referring moreso to these idiots that think they are good at ranking players.

Danishfalcon (1/27/2008)
I want Dorsey or Ellis so bad in this draft. If you can get consistently inside pressure, and force the QB out of the pocket, our two high priced DE's are gonna be so terrorizing.

Ellis would be a prefect fit in our 4-3 ... he is quicker than Dorsey.... our healthy defensive line could be dominating with Trey Lewis, C. Davis and Babs as quality back-ups.

If Dorsey was available though - you still have to take him over Ellis .... but its close.

Danishfalcon (1/27/2008)
I want Dorsey or Ellis so bad in this draft. If you can get consistently inside pressure, and force the QB out of the pocket, our two high priced DE's are gonna be so terrorizing.
I would love either one. This would help Jamaal and Trey hopefully can play the whole season at 100% and do what he does best.

jonahfalcon (1/27/2008)
Danishfalcon (1/27/2008)

Ellis would be a prefect fit in our 4-3 ... he is quicker than Dorsey.... our healthy defensive line could be dominating with Trey Lewis, C. Davis and Babs as quality back-ups.

If Dorsey was available though - you still have to take him over Ellis .... but its close.

I agree. I'd still take Dorsey over Ellis, but it is so close right now. I'd be very happy with either one. I see them both as Tommy Harris-ish type of player.

Danishfalcon (1/27/2008)
Twinblade (1/27/2008)
I really don't think we will draft Ellis is because we drafted Lewis and both Ellis and lewis plays in the NT spot. The only DT I see us drafting is Glenn Dorsey to replace Coleman.

Unless we move Ellis under Colemen.

Why would you assume that?

Trey Lewis is our Starter, Ellis would have to be under Coleman if he ever wants to start unless we draft Dorsey instead and cut Coleman.

jonahfalcon (1/27/2008)
Danishfalcon (1/27/2008)

Its really close between those two right now but you have to take Dorsey knee injury into consideration and that would be the only reason I would draft Ellis over him.

you have all made great points but imo this would most benefit the atlanta falcons

draft jake long with first pick we need stud olineman badly

go after haynesworth in fa

another olineman in fa

cherilus in 2nd

qb in 3rd rnd in draft

address mlb with wheeler in later rnds if he could be had in the fourth

fa and draft accordingly for the rest

Good. Can we now officially end the "we can't pass on McFadden because he is the best player in the draft" posts. He's rated 4 here, behind 3 other players at positions that are of higher need anyway.

While I agree that McFadden is not a must have for the Falcons, you think that DE is a need for this team?

Chris Long is great but why draft a DE with the two we have?

I could live with Ellis, either Long, Dorsey and the "Glamour" Of DMac....

but so help me god if its Ryan or Brohm in the top 5 i will take some prozac each sunday...and its not i dont like those qb's its just i dont believe QB's in this years draft are top 5...maybe at 10 or so.....i know alot of "Experts" are saying Ryan is NFL ready..but after the VaTech comeback game..he had a so so year...and in the acc game he wasnt that great...so unless combine/pre draft workouts show me other wise go OLINE/DLINE or "SUPERSTUD RB"

PEACE!!