A prayer for the 2008 Atlanta Falcons

betterfalcon

Dear Lord,

I pray now on behalf of the Atlanta Falcons. I'm not praying so much about wins or championships, Lord. I'm praying for mercy and restoration.

I know it might sound pity to pray about a football franchise, Lord. But the truth is, football is a uniting influence in our society; in our culture. Father, I pray that the recent front office and coaching changes that have been made will be blessed by you. I pray, Lord, that integrity and honesty and a sense of united purpose will be blessed upon this franchise. The organization needs it, Lord. The fans need it, Lord. I pray that everyone involved with the team, whether they be fans or players or coaches or administrators, will see your might works prevail with the Atlanta Falcons.

In the grand scheme of things, when the days of my life are all said and done, it won't really matter how many games the Atlanta Falcons won and lost. Though I love this team and will continue loving this team, my prayer is that when they draft, YOU will be glorified. When they sign a free agent, YOU will be glorified. When they hire another coach, YOU will be glorified. When they win their next game, YOU will be glorified. When they lose their next game, YOU will be glorified. When they hold all their press conferences, YOU will be glorified.

Please unite us, the fans, and the players and the coaches. We love this game, Lord. We love this team. All we pray, father, is that you'll show them mercy in 2008 and restore integrity, respect, honesty, accountability, responsibility and most of all, hope, to the Atlanta Falcons. And then, when the 2008 season is finished, no matter how many wins and losses there are, that all the fans and the players and coaches and owner and front office people will be able to look at this team and see your grace and mercy and, ultimately, your victory in the team. We need to hear from you, Lord. We need your influence and guidance. The team needs you, every step of the way.

This is my prayer for the Atlanta Falcons in 2008.

In the name of the Lord I pray, Amen!

~ betterFalcon

• 2 months later...
betterfalcon (1/27/2008)
Dear Lord,

I pray now on behalf of the Atlanta Falcons. I'm not praying so much about wins or championships, Lord. I'm praying for mercy and restoration.

I know it might sound pity to pray about a football franchise, Lord. But the truth is, football is a uniting influence in our society; in our culture. Father, I pray that the recent front office and coaching changes that have been made will be blessed by you. I pray, Lord, that integrity and honesty and a sense of united purpose will be blessed upon this franchise. The organization needs it, Lord. The fans need it, Lord. I pray that everyone involved with the team, whether they be fans or players or coaches or administrators, will see your might works prevail with the Atlanta Falcons.

In the grand scheme of things, when the days of my life are all said and done, it won't really matter how many games the Atlanta Falcons won and lost. Though I love this team and will continue loving this team, my prayer is that when they draft, YOU will be glorified. When they sign a free agent, YOU will be glorified. When they hire another coach, YOU will be glorified. When they win their next game, YOU will be glorified. When they lose their next game, YOU will be glorified. When they hold all their press conferences, YOU will be glorified.

Please unite us, the fans, and the players and the coaches. We love this game, Lord. We love this team. All we pray, father, is that you'll show them mercy in 2008 and restore integrity, respect, honesty, accountability, responsibility and most of all, hope, to the Atlanta Falcons. And then, when the 2008 season is finished, no matter how many wins and losses there are, that all the fans and the players and coaches and owner and front office people will be able to look at this team and see your grace and mercy and, ultimately, your victory in the team. We need to hear from you, Lord. We need your influence and guidance. The team needs you, every step of the way.

This is my prayer for the Atlanta Falcons in 2008.

In the name of the Lord I pray, Amen!

~ betterFalcon

Leave GOD out of this. This is only Football, there are way more important things. I send prayers to the troops that are stuck in a joke and may die for nothing.

lizardking (4/26/2008)

Leave GOD out of this. This is only Football, there are way more important things. I send prayers to the troops that are stuck in a joke and may die for nothing.

Don't be that guy. Football is more meaningful to some people than all the messed up stuff going on overseas. People have to bask in what's here and now in their lives....you leave yours out of it. You go pray for the troops, I will to. Let him pray for the Falcons, I will to.

Legendary (4/26/2008)
lizardking (4/26/2008)

Don't be that guy. Football is more meaningful to some people than all the messed up stuff going on overseas. People have to bask in what's here and now in their lives....you leave yours out of it. You go pray for the troops, I will to. Let him pray for the Falcons, I will to.

OK. Sorry, wasnt meaning to be THAT GUY, I pray for good luck for Falcons. Ive just sorta always been against praying for wins in sports. God dosnet care who wins.

falconfoozball (4/26/2008)
rev_hal (4/26/2008)
Rev AL Sharpton (4/26/2008)
God already proved, that he has a keen interest in the Falcons...

He gave us a begotten son in 2001 and took him away in 2007. :cool:

That is truly offensive.:angry:

What did you expect?

Nice prayer OP. And Amen to those sentiments.

Expect from whom?