Tashard Choice

Dakast Reborn

He doesn't have flashy moves and he's not as fast as some of the other backs coming out this year but I don't think he'd be a bad middle round pickup.

If the new coaching staff decides to go with Jerious Norwood as the featured back, we could use our picks in the first 3 rounds to pick up O-line help, D-line help, and a QB.

A hard running RB like Choice could make for a nice second option at the RB position.

:cool:

Guest Libid21

At this point, Atlanta needs a power back because in Mularkey's old, old offense in Pittsburgh, he experienced success with Jerome Bettis and a speed demon. We already have a speedster in Norwood, and I think we should go with a power back like Forte in this draft. Choice would be a good choice if we needed another Warrick Dunn in our team. Choice is also a great leader. I don't know if you guys listened to his pre-game speech on Youtube before the Clemson game, but it even made ME want to put a helmet on and start playing!

Libid21 (1/27/2008)
At this point, Atlanta needs a power back because in Mularkey's old, old offense in Pittsburgh, he experienced success with Jerome Bettis and a speed demon. We already have a speedster in Norwood, and I think we should go with a power back like Forte in this draft. Choice would be a good choice if we needed another Warrick Dunn in our team. Choice is also a great leader. I don't know if you guys listened to his pre-game speech on Youtube before the Clemson game, but it even made ME want to put a helmet on and start playing!

We have a freight train in Ovie that is highly over paid and under utilized. We have Corey McIntyrye a head banger last year on special teams. This guy is not afraid of losing a little blood, and then there is Matt Snelling. There are all capable power backs.

What we need is someone like Choice, a late round halfback to backup Norwood who seems to be injury prone.

our roster is so thin, we can simply take the most gifted player with each pick and as long as we get 9 great football players we will have improved our team regardless of position. granted i would'nt take 3 straight RB's if that happened to be the best player available, you got to exhibit some form of common sense. obviously we know where we need help and you want to address as many as possible in the draft but i dont want us to force the issue and take a QB just because we have to. if we end up with ainge in rd 6 atleast we will have a good #2. we may have to sign a F/A next year or hope vick does come back.

Yes, the answer to the question is yes. But will he be available at a point that he'd be worthy of being selected by us. He could go as high as late 2nd round imo...but I'm thinking he's going to end up slipping a bit because there are so many backs out there this year. If he's there in the 3rd I think we'd have to give him a good hard look, unless we've selected DMC which at this point I'm hoping we don't

Jack-Tripper (1/27/2008)
He doesn't have flashy moves and he's not as fast as some of the other backs coming out this year but I don't think he'd be a bad middle round pickup.

If the new coaching staff decides to go with Jerious Norwood as the featured back, we could use our picks in the first 3 rounds to pick up O-line help, D-line help, and a QB.

A hard running RB like Choice could make for a nice second option at the RB position.

:cool:

Norwood would remain a utility back ... though he needs to get more touches.

I like Matt Forte of Corey Boyd as a day two pick for us.

We need a powerback to compliment Norwood's game breaking ability.

And Corey Boyd DOES have the moves...