It's a great feeling that we might have to "settle" for Glenn Dorsey

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind, like many of you, that Sedrick Ellis should be our #1 target. He's a better prospect than Jake Long, Matt Ryan, and even Glenn Dorsey. The hiring of a defensive minded coach probably means we're going defense first. With that said, Ellis might have improved his stock so much that we might no get him unless we win the first coin toss and pick 3rd. And then, gosh darn it, we'd only be left with Glenn Dorsey. That's a good consolation prize, in my opinion.

As I said in another thread, the emergence of Sedrick Ellis has taken a lot of pressure off of the coin toss. At 3 we will likely get to choice between Ellis/Dorsey, where as at 5 we are forced (hopefully) to take which ever one is left. I highly doubt that both go in the top 4 picks. We should get one of the two, and we should be grateful.

Yeah we can't really "lose" the coin toss anymore

1)Glenn Dorsey

2)Sedrick Ellis

3)Jake Long

4)Darren McFadden

How could you complain about any of those guys?

Of course if we lose both coin tosses and all four of these guys are gone then that would be terrible.

But hopefully Chris Long wouldn't let that happen.

busboyisback (1/27/2008)
Yeah we can't really "lose" the coin toss anymore

1)Glenn Dorsey

2)Sedrick Ellis

3)Jake Long

4)Darren McFadden

How could you complain about any of those guys?

Of course if we lose both coin tosses and all four of these guys are gone then that would be terrible.

But hopefully Chris Long wouldn't let that happen.

This is just a hunch, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dolphins unload Jason Taylor and draft Chris Long. Just a hunch.