If the media is sooooooooo liberal, then why do they fear DR. PAUL??

Richard Nixon (1/27/2008)
Not to mention he's gotten his ##### beat when people start asking him hard questions about his many broad ideas. Tim Russert stomped him so bad his ##### must have had footprints. If he became president and did everything he wanted to do, a lot of people would get hurt.

Speaking of people getting hurt....

Loss of civil liberties, 2% maximum raises, Cost of Living up 10%, dollar crisis could wipe social security beneficiaries all out = SOFT FACISM?

If you believe cutting EXECUTIVE government spending is a good thing, then consider voting for Ron Paul. If you believe it's the Congress' job to appropriate the spending of the taxpayers' money instead of the Oval Office's job, you should consider Ron Paul.

Paul was pretty good on the recent Russert interview. Russert was tossing up some real bombs that's for sure. Like the one on the earmark bit benefiting Paul's district. Then throwing up Paul's supposed "criticism" of Hurricane Katrina relief on the screen. lol

What a hatchet job those guys I tell ya....lol Paul even accuses them of using false quotes and miswording. It doesn't matter how crazy the headline sounds, Ron Paul is usually quoted out of context when the camera is pointing his way.

Stuff like, RON PAUL SAID ABRAHAM LINCOLN WAS AN AZZHOLE FOR STARTING THE CIVIL WAR!! grr grr :P lol It turns out Paul was really saying America was the only country in the world unable to avoid a senseless Civil War while phasing out slavery.

Lots of good stuff like this,

"PRESCRIPTION DRUGS ARE MORE DANGEROUS THAN HARD DRUGS" -- Ron Paul on Tim Russert 12.23.07

Suppo81 (1/27/2008)
terryowens(1/27/2008)

Wait a minute, you're telling me that a realistic chance = media coverage, yet Giulliani has less delegates than Paul and gets 99% more media coverage? Fred Thompson dropped out and got more coverage. lol You're in denial there's a biased agenda blacklisting Dr Paul, imo.

Mike Huckabee got absolutely ZERO media coverage until his numbers started picking up. McCain was left for dead until all of a sudden his numbers picked up. Nobody knew who Romney was until his poll numbers picked up. Giuliani was getting a lot of coverage a while back because he was in first place in polls. When his numbers started dropping, so did his face time. I can understand Fox News having a bias against Paul, but when CNN and msnbc start ignoring him, you can stop with the conspiracy theories. He's not a good candidate. If he was, he'd be doing better. lol.

Stop with the conspiracies? What are you talking about?

RP just made 2nd place in the Louisiana Caucus! (so much for the "Ron Paul Hates Katrina Relief" dagger Russert threw on Meet the Press)

Please, tell me if I'm wrong, but I thought they counted "a realistic chance" by the number of delegates who have pledged to nominate a candidate. So why is Giuliani getting coverage in the polls as opposed to RP again? ;)

Let's face it. Polls sponsored by an interest to blacklist Ron Paul are skewed. Right now Ron Paul's zeitgeist internet numbers in Florida are as high as Romney's. Both are smoking Giuliani, yet only Romney gets listed in the polls. I know. What a surprise there right? I mean, the polls are about as big of a crock as DIEBOLD programming contractors. The point is people are OBVIOUSLY interested in what Ron Paul is saying whether they agree with him or not. Younger folks are searching him out on the Internet.

Still the media are AFRAID to let Ron Paul in on the reindeer games. Honesty is not good for their ratings.

Ramen (1/27/2008)

The media tend to stick with a couple of storylines across all presidential elections--the "horserace", the surge, the decline, and gaffes/novelties. Candidates who are ahead in the race (either in terms of money or election results or polls) get lots of coverage. Candidates who are slipping get lots of coverage. Candidates who are on the rise (e.g., McCain right now) get lots of coverage. And candidates who make stupid or extraordinary statements (e.g., Gary Bauer falling over at a pancake flipping contest in 2000) get lots of coverage. These themes are easy to report, don't require lots of reporters, and tend to be the things that most readers pay attention to (because they are easier to understand for the average voter).

If there is any "bias", it's the bias of the free market where media outlets try to report stories that yield more readers at a lower cost. The "horserace" storyline (which I always thought would be more appropriate if horses ran backwards) fits that description and explains better than the conspiracy theories why Ron Paul hasn't received more media coverage.

An insightful review.

But seriously, they're not letting Paul rise, surge, decline or even move. It's like they just want him to go away. I'm not saying Paul has to win. I'm just saying they were giving Fred Thompson more screen time and he's now out.

I would describe many Ron Paul supporters as people in a cult. The problem with being a true 19th century-style conservative Republican, the reason why Ron Paul is so hard to elect, is that the conservatives of the U.S., like the liberals, live in the 21st century. Ron Paul's beliefs, gold standard, removing all U.S. military bases around the world, etc., are all very old and didn't work when America was still largely an agricultural nation and not a world power. Not to mention he's gotten his ##### beat when people start asking him hard questions about his many broad ideas. Tim Russert stomped him so bad his ##### must have had footprints. If he became president and did everything he wanted to do, a lot of people would get hurt.

why are you lying?

Ron paul destroyed tim russert and answered him truthfully and correctly. The biggest thing he got him on was the earmark comment which would have NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM BEING president. Why do people who dislike ron paul have to lie?

and ya, america is such a great country right now. Everything is perfect with america . The dollar is twice as strong since we got off a gold standard and we are loved around the world by our police actions. :rolleyes:

monoxide (1/27/2008)
If you want to waste a vote, and have no say in the presidency, then vote for Ron Paul, he has absolutely no chance to win, NONE. If you play on voting for this joke, don't even go to the polls, because it's a useless vote.

:laugh: I hope you're joking. You're throwing your vote away for voting for someone just because the MSM pushes them up as a chance to win.

I will vote for the best candidate not another corrupt as s hole who wants to destroy this country more.

Twinblade (1/27/2008)
I love these Anti-Ron Paul's They go and say "Ron Paul cults!" because we believe we need to move all troops home...I guess Americans are just as stupid as they claimed in certain countries, if not all. I guess more attacks on the states would convince Americans that we need more protection. What a shame.

I never felt bad for 9/11, Didn't really give a ##### about the people that died, I think we deserved it, after all this country really have no protection and we have huge doors open. Reason why this country is being over-runned by illegals and destroying the American people dream and making it more harder on us.

But what can I say, I want freedom, I guess not everybody likes that idea here.

ya we're a cult and crazy because we wanna think about AMERICA first and not the other country. I love people who want to make fun of us for wanting to better this country. If this was the 1700's they would be the ones who supported staying with england because they're too scared.

terryowens_ (1/28/2008)
Not to mention he's gotten his ##### beat when people start asking him hard questions about his many broad ideas. Tim Russert stomped him so bad his ##### must have had footprints. If he became president and did everything he wanted to do, a lot of people would get hurt.

Loss of civil liberties, 2% maximum raises, Cost of Living up 10%, dollar crisis could wipe social security beneficiaries all out = SOFT FACISM?

If you believe cutting EXECUTIVE government spending is a good thing, then consider voting for Ron Paul. If you believe it's the Congress' job to appropriate the spending of the taxpayers' money instead of the Oval Office's job, you should consider Ron Paul.

Paul was pretty good on the recent Russert interview. Russert was tossing up some real bombs that's for sure. Like the one on the earmark bit benefiting Paul's district. Then throwing up Paul's supposed "criticism" of Hurricane Katrina relief on the screen. lol

What a hatchet job those guys I tell ya....lol Paul even accuses them of using false quotes and miswording. It doesn't matter how crazy the headline sounds, Ron Paul is usually quoted out of context when the camera is pointing his way.

Stuff like, RON PAUL SAID ABRAHAM LINCOLN WAS AN AZZHOLE FOR STARTING THE CIVIL WAR!! grr grr :P lol It turns out Paul was really saying America was the only country in the world unable to avoid a senseless Civil War while phasing out slavery.

"PRESCRIPTION DRUGS ARE MORE DANGEROUS THAN HARD DRUGS" -- Ron Paul on Tim Russert 12.23.07

Ya the lincoln thing was funny. God forbid someone say we should of ended slavery the same way THE REST OF THE WORLD DID. People who claimed we wouldnt of been able to do that have no clue about american history. The south would of gave up the slaves if they thought the north would of been able to pay them for each slave. The big reason they wanted to keep slavery was because of how crusial it was to THEIR ECONOMY.

If we would of ended slavery in a peaceful manner there wouldn't be such a huge kkk racist pressence in the south. I mean how long did it take for us to give black people rights? Till the 60's? I mean lincoln wanted to send all the blacks home and he didnt give a rats ##### about them.

Twinblade (1/27/2008)

I never felt bad for 9/11, Didn't really give a ##### about the people that died, I think we deserved it, after all this country really have no protection and we have huge doors open. Reason why this country is being over-runned by illegals and destroying the American people dream and making it more harder on us.

you really don't give a ##### about the 3000 innocent people who got murdered on 9/11? you're a POS for saying that.

from another Ron Paul supporter: shut up. saying idiotic crap like that does not reflect well on his campaign.

terryowens_ (1/28/2008)
An insightful review.

But seriously, they're not letting Paul rise, surge, decline or even move. It's like they just want him to go away. I'm not saying Paul has to win. I'm just saying they were giving Fred Thompson more screen time and he's now out.

He got air time because of his name recognition. And if you look at the polls, there were about two months where Thompson was running second nationally. Fred didn't do a whole lot and sort of petered out, at which point the media started ignoring him again.

Other than one or two big fund-raising days, what has Ron Paul done that warrants extensive media coverage?

malk2.0 (1/28/2008)
I would describe many Ron Paul supporters as people in a cult. The problem with being a true 19th century-style conservative Republican, the reason why Ron Paul is so hard to elect, is that the conservatives of the U.S., like the liberals, live in the 21st century. Ron Paul's beliefs, gold standard, removing all U.S. military bases around the world, etc., are all very old and didn't work when America was still largely an agricultural nation and not a world power. Not to mention he's gotten his ##### beat when people start asking him hard questions about his many broad ideas. Tim Russert stomped him so bad his ##### must have had footprints. If he became president and did everything he wanted to do, a lot of people would get hurt.

why are you lying?

Ron paul destroyed tim russert and answered him truthfully and correctly. The biggest thing he got him on was the earmark comment which would have NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM BEING president. Why do people who dislike ron paul have to lie?

and ya, america is such a great country right now. Everything is perfect with america . The dollar is twice as strong since we got off a gold standard and we are loved around the world by our police actions. :rolleyes:

If by Ron Paul destroying Tim Russert, you mean Russert asking him good questions based on previous quotes and Ron Paul struggling to find a way to say that he's not a major ##### every bit as politician as anyone else running, then alright.

malk2.0 (1/28/2008)
terryowens_ (1/28/2008)

Ya the lincoln thing was funny. God forbid someone say we should of ended slavery the same way THE REST OF THE WORLD DID. People who claimed we wouldnt of been able to do that have no clue about american history. The south would of gave up the slaves if they thought the north would of been able to pay them for each slave. The big reason they wanted to keep slavery was because of how crusial it was to THEIR ECONOMY.

If we would of ended slavery in a peaceful manner there wouldn't be such a huge kkk racist pressence in the south. I mean how long did it take for us to give black people rights? Till the 60's? I mean lincoln wanted to send all the blacks home and he didnt give a rats ##### about them.

One of many truly unrealistic beliefs of Ron Paul. It was more than slavery, it was a culture war that had become inevitable. The war didn't start for slavery, it started because the South really did break away.

Richard Nixon (1/28/2008)
malk2.0 (1/28/2008)
terryowens_ (1/28/2008)

One of many truly unrealistic beliefs of Ron Paul. It was more than slavery, it was a culture war that had become inevitable. The war didn't start for slavery, it started because the South really did break away.

That is #####. Please go back and do a history lesson. We could of EASILY ended slavery through peaceful terms. the rest of the world did why couldnt we? Please explain this because I doubt you can.

If lincoln was willing to talk things out with the south and actually wanted to stop a civil war it could of been done. I feel sorry for people like you... seriously. totally clueless.

malk2.0 (1/28/2008)

why are you lying?

If by Ron Paul destroying Tim Russert, you mean Russert asking him good questions based on previous quotes and Ron Paul struggling to find a way to say that he's not a major ##### every bit as politician as anyone else running, then alright.

What? A bunch of quotes that were already proven wrong you mean. :laugh:

Ron Paul handed himself very well. Its funny, the only ##### they have to attack the good dr are quotes taken out of context many many years ago.

You attack Ron Paul for stupid ##### that means nothing, but you probably support someone who has so many skeletons in their past it would be able to fill a mansion.

XLDenaliReturns (1/28/2008)
Twinblade (1/27/2008)

you really don't give a ##### about the 3000 innocent people who got murdered on 9/11? you're a POS for saying that.

from another Ron Paul supporter: shut up. saying idiotic crap like that does not reflect well on his campaign.

Nope, I really don't give a ##### for the people that died on 9/11 because people die everyday.

Suppo81 (1/27/2008)
Ron Paul said the other night he won't run as a 3rd party candidate.

And no, the media's not afraid. They're just simply paying attention to candidates who actually have a realistic chance of becoming president. If Ron Paul would get some more votes in the primaries and actually crack 10% in national polls, maybe he'd get more coverage.

reminds of the old credit problem.

man: I would like to get a credit card from your company.

credit card company: we can't give you a card until you have a good credit history.

man: how do I get a good credit history?

credit card company: you need to get yourself a credit card.

malk2.0 (1/28/2008)
malk2.0 (1/28/2008)
terryowens_ (1/28/2008)

That is #####. Please go back and do a history lesson. We could of EASILY ended slavery through peaceful terms. the rest of the world did why couldnt we? Please explain this because I doubt you can.

If lincoln was willing to talk things out with the south and actually wanted to stop a civil war it could of been done. I feel sorry for people like you... seriously. totally clueless.

No, Ron Paul says we could have ended slavery if the North just agreed to buy all of the slaves and set them free. This is horse###### on so many levels. The North didn't want a bunch of free black people, they were as racist as the South. The South's economy depended on slaves, if they were told they could sell them North, they would either go get more slaves, which the North could not stop them from doing without war, or they would just refuse, which would result in the same Civil War fought at a later date, as slavery was not a big issue of morality in the South and barely registered in the North. The South split after years of power struggles for control of one government by two very different societies. It was inevitable, slavery was not the only issue, nor was it the biggest issue, it was the matter of control of the government. Ron Paul zombies lap it up, because most of them slept through American history and go with what sounds best, ironic because his motto is to take a lot of the bias out of textbooks.

malk2.0 (1/28/2008)
malk2.0 (1/28/2008)

why are you lying?

Ron Paul handed himself very well. Its funny, the only ##### they have to attack the good dr are quotes taken out of context many many years ago.

You attack Ron Paul for stupid ##### that means nothing, but you probably support someone who has so many skeletons in their past it would be able to fill a mansion.

He didn't prove them wrong, he babbled for a few minutes while Tim Russert looked at him wondering just how low he could go without further prompting.

malk2.0 (1/28/2008)
malk2.0 (1/28/2008)

why are you lying?

He didn't prove them wrong, he babbled for a few minutes while Tim Russert looked at him wondering just how low he could go without further prompting.

Yes he did, Re-watch the show and you cna see how ronpaul proved tim wrong and he had no clue how to come back at him. wow and to answer your statement about how ron paul supporters dont know american history. :laugh: thats extremely funny. It looks like you need to take a refresher course on american history. We could of EASILY freed the slaves by buying them fromt he south and then making slavery illegally.

You are TOTALLY clueless dude.

malk2.0 (1/28/2008)
malk2.0 (1/28/2008)
malk2.0 (1/28/2008)

why are you lying?

Yes he did, Re-watch the show and you cna see how ronpaul proved tim wrong and he had no clue how to come back at him. wow and to answer your statement about how ron paul supporters dont know american history. :laugh: thats extremely funny. It looks like you need to take a refresher course on american history. We could of EASILY freed the slaves by buying them fromt he south and then making slavery illegally.

You are TOTALLY clueless dude.

:w00t::w00t::w00t: "No, no, you're confused, you're confused.":hehe:

And don't be a fool, not only would the South never have approved of slavery being made illegal, the North would not have brought up the issue, no one cared that much about it, not that many people cared that much about slaves suffering.

Holy ######, I just watched the counter-video and read the reponses, I was kinda kidding before, but I'm serious, this has become a cult. You can call Tim Russert some things, he's not perfect, he sniffs and digs around for quotes like a pig looks for truffles, but I can't imagine how someone can call him a neocon.:hehe: These peeps need to stay home and keep to their V for Vendetta comics.

Twinblade (1/28/2008)
Slavery would be back in years to come as mankind takes a turn back after world war 3 while we live back in huts and such.

Actually, slavery is still very much in practice right now, including in America, they're not millions of them and they're not working on plantations, but there are plenty of what are essentially slaves being kept behind closed doors, not to mention all of the underage sex slaves that inhabit most countries with a lot of rich people. Not many people care about that sort of thing, though.

Twinblade (1/28/2008)
Slavery would be back in years to come as mankind takes a turn back after world war 3 while we live back in huts and such.

Actually, slavery is still very much in practice right now, including in America, they're not millions of them and they're not working on plantations, but there are plenty of what are essentially slaves being kept behind closed doors, not to mention all of the underage sex slaves that inhabit most countries with a lot of rich people. Not many people care about that sort of thing, though.

Slavery has been around since the beginning of mankind, it will never go away.

Twinblade (1/28/2008)
Twinblade (1/28/2008)

Slavery has been around since the beginning of mankind, it will never go away.

So then what's the shock of saying that slavery was not the only issue that brought America to Civil War? It certainly was not the biggest issue, the biggest issue always was where the power needs to be, in the states or in the federal government, and the North and South were frequently fighting for every added state to be on their side, it was inevitable and had little to do with slavery.