going to be an exciting offseason and reg. season next year.

super bob

I am excited to see what is going to happen in the offseason and regular season. I think atlanta is finally going in the right direction, it all started with TD the GM and blank letting him do his thing. we have a good coach and staff and this next year as a falcon fan we will really be able to hold our heads up higher than usuall. We have a lot of good picks in the draft and will be able to bring in some good talent and add depth in FA. So lets stop having negative post and questioning every move the franchise makes and enjoy being a falcon fan and just be excited that change is coming and it is going to be the good change for years to come. So have faith in our team and back them up 100% till they prove otherwise.With all that said Go Falcons....2008 NFC South Champions.

I completely agree. I'm very excited to see what the rest of the offseason holds: hopefully we can make even more strides towards building a consistent winning team. The only moves that have been made so far that I don't completely agree with are the offensive and defensive coordinator hires, but I'm definitely willing to give them a chance to see what they can do.

super bob (1/27/2008)
I am excited to see what is going to happen in the offseason and regular season. I think atlanta is finally going in the right direction, it all started with TD the GM and blank letting him do his thing. we have a good coach and staff and this next year as a falcon fan we will really be able to hold our heads up higher than usuall. We have a lot of good picks in the draft and will be able to bring in some good talent and add depth in FA. So lets stop having negative post and questioning every move the franchise makes and enjoy being a falcon fan and just be excited that change is coming and it is going to be the good change for years to come. So have faith in our team and back them up 100% till they prove otherwise.With all that said Go Falcons....2008 NFC South Champions.

I agree, I am very optimistic by nature, but especially when it comes to the Falcons, I am very excited about the hiring of both Thomas Dimitroff as GM and Mike Smith as Head Coach. I also think that he has put together a pretty impressive staff with Mike Mularkey and Terry Robiskie coming over, I can't wait til Free Agency begins and the draft comes around. I have all kinds of faith in this team and can't wait to see what this new regime can do.

lets see who ends up coaching the OL, who we get in the draft, and what we do in F/A. then we will have a better feel for what our GM will do to help/hurt us and what we can expect/hope for next season. we have guys who can coach our players, i'm happy with the coaching, i'm happy with the old run the ball stop the run philosophy, the ability of the new HC and GM to stockpile the talent they need to carry out their gameplan is to be determined. the draft itself will be a fair indicator to what kind of players they will bring in. hopefully dimitroff waits until after the draft to dabble in the F/A market like his previous employer. we need to be salary cap savy if we want to be able to keep our proven talent.

With three key coaching spots left open (O-Line, Special Teams, and Strength/Conditioning), our new staff is shapping up well ...

With Van Gorder, Hamilton, and Thomas on the D-Side + Smith's influence, we should continue to make good strides with D and hopefully be able to stop the run. We still have some talent holes and we need to see some more jaw-cracking over the middle. Also some improvement from Houston and Irons, we should be in good shape in the secondary (not to mention a good FA pickup would have a big difference).

On the offensive side of the ball, the more I read about Robiskie and Mularkey, we should be fine. Also, Gerald Brown seems to be a solid veteran at training up RB's. We just need a very good O-line coach, and possibly a solid O-line assistant.

Finally, the simple fact that we have a philosophy of pound with run, and stop the run. If we can run the ball and get the same production out of White and get the Robinson and Horn into play, we'll have a decent offense.

Trying to be realistic here I believe that the best that can happen next year is a transitional record in the range of 6-10 to 8-8...

We have a great deal of rebuilding and pruning to do on this roster. We have a new GM, head coach and assistants.

That's a whole lot of new. It will take time.

I do believe we're finally pointed in the right direction though.