free agency

prov1playa630

shouldnt we get through FA before we start talking about draft picks and who we woulda coulda shoulda got. My thought is if we get a DT from free agency then why not trade down from 3-5. And if a miracle happens and Michael Turner wants to come play in the ATL then there is no more talk of "RUN DmC" and we trade down there as well and and you depth. In my opinion that was problem #1 last year significant dropoff from starters to reserves.

prov1playa630 (1/26/2008)
I've always heard fill needs in FA add depth in the draft

im the opposite. fix depth in the FA, and fill needs in the draft( they will help the future also)

BUT i think we should get 2-3 safeties in FA, stoud/gravy, then maurice williams( LT), and a you guard in FA.

the rest of the holes in the Draft.

GEORGIAfan (1/27/2008)

im the opposite. fix depth in the FA, and fill needs in the draft( they will help the future also)

BUT i think we should get 2-3 safeties in FA, stoud/gravy, then maurice williams( LT), and a you guard in FA.

i agree i would rather have a solid guy that has been in the league for a while playing on the o-line. we could still take lineman in the draft and they could fight for starting spots. while i feel fs is a need for us i dont think it is bigger than oline, dline, qb and running back. that is why i would take one in fa and maybe one later in the draft 4-6 rounds.

bossFALCON (1/27/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/27/2008)

i agree i would rather have a solid guy that has been in the league for a while playing on the o-line. we could still take lineman in the draft and they could fight for starting spots. while i feel fs is a need for us i dont think it is bigger than oline, dline, qb and running back. that is why i would take one in fa and maybe one later in the draft 4-6 rounds.

dang bro. we are starting to agree on almost everything. lol:w00t:

Dline we need to get Dorsey/ ellis if possible, because id rather have Dorsey/ ellis and Lewis over stoud or gravy. gravy lost his job to Lewis, and Lewis was our only DT that looked like a monster. i think with the new Dline coach that we will see jamaal and lewis game soar.

GEORGIAfan (1/27/2008)
bossFALCON (1/27/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/27/2008)

Dline we need to get Dorsey/ ellis if possible, because id rather have Dorsey/ ellis and Lewis over stoud or gravy. gravy lost his job to Lewis, and Lewis was our only DT that looked like a monster. i think with the new Dline coach that we will see jamaal and lewis game soar.

lol yea we are. imagine if we had dorsey/ellis, abe, and anderson assuming he pans out. lewis played pretty good too. our d-line would be sick. it would really help to because we face a lot of good backs in our division, plus im sure we would generate an excellent pass rush.

bossFALCON (1/27/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/27/2008)
bossFALCON (1/27/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/27/2008)

BUT i think we should get 2-3 safeties in FA, stoud/gravy, then maurice williams( LT), and a you guard in FA

lol yea we are. imagine if we had dorsey/ellis, abe, and anderson assuming he pans out. lewis played pretty good too. our d-line would be sick. it would really help to because we face a lot of good backs in our division, plus im sure we would generate an excellent pass rush.

i completely agree, and i remember that jamaal had like 2 sacks that didn't count, because someone had a false start on our team, then when he actually got use to the game lewis got hurt, so that mean he had a scrub taking pressure, so he got double team so much in the late part of the season, and he isn't abe, so he can't handle it yet.

GEORGIAfan (1/27/2008)
bossFALCON (1/27/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/27/2008)
bossFALCON (1/27/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/27/2008)

BUT i think we should get 2-3 safeties in FA, stoud/gravy, then maurice williams( LT), and a you guard in FA

i completely agree, and i remember that jamaal had like 2 sacks that didn't count, because someone had a false start on our team, then when he actually got use to the game lewis got hurt, so that mean he had a scrub taking pressure, so he got double team so much in the late part of the season, and he isn't abe, so he can't handle it yet.

yea and a couple of times he came out of the game and the person that subbed in for him got a sack. it is very unrealistic to think he wont come around and at least contribute w/ at least 2-4 sacks AT LEAST. especially if he has abe, lewis dorsey/ellis on the line and possibly a FA or late round rookie subbing in and out to keep them all fresh.

I'M ALL FOR ELLIS,but i think we can get haysworth.i stay in tenn. now so it's looking more like f.a. for al.so if we can get him pass on either guy even get aone of this quick,moster o.lineman outta f.a. and draft mlb rivers,now that would be sick.with 2 to 3 2nd rounders,we can get some quality here????

GEORGIAfan (1/27/2008)
bossFALCON (1/27/2008)
yup. he will definitely produce more than the 07 season. i want mcfadden but i see it highly unlikely that we will get him. assuming we dont get mcfadden i would take dorsey/ellis in a heartbeat.

see this is where we are different. i want Dorsey, then ellis/RunDMC.

the only reason i want mcfadden is because he would help sell the dome out so we wouldnt blackout anymore. plus it would feel good having him here while petrino is back at arkansas wishing he had him lol. i would take dorsey and ellis though because i dont see the falcons taking mcfadden.

bossFALCON (1/27/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/27/2008)
bossFALCON (1/27/2008)
yup. he will definitely produce more than the 07 season. i want mcfadden but i see it highly unlikely that we will get him. assuming we dont get mcfadden i would take dorsey/ellis in a heartbeat.

the only reason i want mcfadden is because he would help sell the dome out so we wouldnt blackout anymore. plus it would feel good having him here while petrino is back at arkansas wishing he had him lol. i would take dorsey and ellis though because i dont see the falcons taking mcfadden.

i agree also, but it would also bring us back to the glory year. strong run game. QB that could win games if needed to( Shockley/Redman), and an Elite D.

GEORGIAfan (1/27/2008)
bossFALCON (1/27/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/27/2008)
bossFALCON (1/27/2008)

i agree also, but it would also bring us back to the glory year. strong run game. QB that could win games if needed to( Shockley/Redman), and an Elite D.

yea so i dont really care who we take just as long as its dorsey/ellis or mcfadden. we just better not take no **** matt ryan. i dont see TD making a stupid move like that though.

bossFALCON (1/27/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/27/2008)
bossFALCON (1/27/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/27/2008)
bossFALCON (1/27/2008)

yea so i dont really care who we take just as long as its dorsey/ellis or mcfadden. we just better not take no **** matt ryan. i dont see TD making a stupid move like that though.

dude if we take matt ryan, then ill try to burn down flowey branch, and i mean the city. the whole city gots to pay for that mistake, or i would just bust out of nowhere in the NFL draft area, and bust up his kneecaps, so he cant play anymore.

GEORGIAfan (1/27/2008)
bossFALCON (1/27/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/27/2008)
bossFALCON (1/27/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/27/2008)
bossFALCON (1/27/2008)

dude if we take matt ryan, then ill try to burn down flowey branch, and i mean the city. the whole city gots to pay for that mistake, or i would just bust out of nowhere in the NFL draft area, and bust up his kneecaps, so he cant play anymore.

LOL!:w00t: good thing is that dimi knows how to scout players plus since mike wants to pound the ball and stop the run i dont see us taking a qb that early with dorsey/ellis and mcfadden on the board. hope we dont take him...it may save matty boy some kneecaps lol.

and looking that the track record of the Pats it seems that they want to fix the lines 1st, which is what we should do, because a great Dline makes an average secondary look like straight killers, and a great Oline makes average qb and RB look like killers.

Look at brady. he can have great wides or sucky wides( last year), but he is going to make it to the AFC champ game atleast. i think in the 7yrs brady has made it to the champ game like 5 times, and the SB 4 times. he has never had a losing season as a starter. the dudes line has helped him so much. him and the Oline are the only things that havent changed.

GEORGIAfan (1/27/2008)
and looking that the track record of the Pats it seems that they want to fix the lines 1st, which is what we should do, because a great Dline makes an average secondary look like straight killers, and a great Oline makes average qb and RB look like killers.

Look at brady. he can have great wides or sucky wides( last year), but he is going to make it to the AFC champ game atleast. i think in the 7yrs brady has made it to the champ game like 5 times, and the SB 4 times. he has never had a losing season as a starter. the dudes line has helped him so much. him and the Oline are the only things that havent changed.

yup they helped out asante and that secondary too. i think the pats were 2nd in sacks this year only behind the giants.