brian brohm to falcons

FRESH21

I think he's the best pure pocket QB in this class by far... he's definitely a franchise caliber QB, in my opinion. Unfortunately his value in the top 5 is supremely outrageous given his current injury status... and I think he may only rise up to around 10-15 by the time the draft rolls around unless Matt Ryan takes a nosedive (as he would deserve) and a team falls in love with Brohm.

With a top 5 pick we need to take a flat out elite dominant player.... and I believe our pick will either be Sedrick Ellis or Darren McFadden. I'd love to have Brohm on this team, but he is not a possibility in my opinion unless he slips to the latter parts of the 1st round and we can manage to trade up... which I still wouldn't do. We have a lot of 1st day picks and several needs that can be filled out very nicely... trading up would be a waste unless it's just to move up a few spots in the 2nd to secure someone we really like a lot.

DrDetecto (1/26/2008)
I really would like him, but he's a reach in the 1st and he probably won't be there in the 2nd. If we traded down in the 1st, he's the guy I want though.

He's not a reach at all. Others may disagree, but I think he is a top 5 player in this draft. All of the hype is with Henne because of the way he ended the season, but Brohm was much more consistent his whole career. Brohm has been off the radar because of Louisville's bad defense, but he was a top 5 pick before the season started and nothing he has done has changed my mind, nor should it have changed anyone else's.

dan minnich (1/27/2008)
i wouldnt mind brohm, maybe we can do something like the browns did last year and trade back into the first round to draft brohm.

What's funny is we're not the only fans thinking the same thing.

With all the holes we need to fill and our GM being a self-proclaimed "QB snob" I really don't see us trading up for ANY QB.

Carter (1/27/2008)
dan minnich (1/27/2008)
i wouldnt mind brohm, maybe we can do something like the browns did last year and trade back into the first round to draft brohm.

What's funny is we're not the only fans thinking the same thing.

With all the holes we need to fill and our GM being a self-proclaimed "QB snob" I really don't see us trading up for ANY QB.

a franchise qb is the biggest hole we need to fill, it doesnt matter if its brohm or not.

dan minnich (1/27/2008)
a franchise qb is the biggest hole we need to fill, it doesnt matter if its brohm or not.

You don't just pick some QB in the 1st round because you need a franchise QB. It doesn't work like that. When it comes to picking a franchise QB, you don't risk swinging that bat unless it looks like a fastball right down the middle.

That's how a franchise screws itself up for 3-5 years.