Joe Horn

isaiah glaze

Hopefully with the new staff Horn will be more involved in the Offense. He mentioned that

with the right Coach maybe they will get him the ball more. I don't know why Petrino didn't

use him that much last year. We got a lot of talent at WR. Hopefully we'll use them right.

But that goes back to the OL giving the QB enough time to get the ball to the WR's.

isaiah glaze (1/26/2008)
Hopefully with the new staff Horn will be more involved in the Offense. He mentioned that

with the right Coach maybe they will get him the ball more. I don't know why Petrino didn't

use him that much last year. We got a lot of talent at WR. Hopefully we'll use them right.

But that goes back to the OL giving the QB enough time to get the ball to the WR's.

He and Dunn need to find new teams to take up space on.

UGA_DAWG46 (1/26/2008)
Bobby Petrino was a horrible coach. He didnt know how to utilize his players. And his adjustment at halftim were horrible.

I'm really happy with our new staff. I think Mike Marllarkey will do a really good job as our OC.

Horn was wasted and you are absolutely right but we've got young talent. I can see Robinson and White starting and keeping Jenkins and getting another young guy.

Legion (1/26/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (1/26/2008)
Bobby Petrino was a horrible coach. He didnt know how to utilize his players. And his adjustment at halftim were horrible.

I'm really happy with our new staff. I think Mike Marllarkey will do a really good job as our OC.

Horn was wasted and you are absolutely right but we've got young talent. I can see Robinson and White starting and keeping Jenkins and getting another young guy.

I agree with you 100%. I'm really excited about Robinson and White combination. I think we should part way with Jenkins. He can't really catch. We can try to get Bernard Berrian or go after Arron House in the draft. Utilize him at KR PR and WR.

miketalk777 (1/26/2008)
How much is joe making are they paying him a whole lot???? I do agree that we need a vet on our team and I think joe still has some left in the tank

Horn is making $1 million in salary and $1 million in bonus, for $2 million a year. He is signed through 2010. If he is cut, he will cost us $3 million this year against the cap. So, it is cheaper in terms of cap hit to keep him than to cut him. Next year, we can keep him for $2 million or cut him for $2 million. [if he is cut after June 1 next year, he would cost us $1 million in 2009 and another million in 2010.]

Cap implications are very important when considering cuts. I see a lot of off season mocks proposing getting rid of players without ever considering the cap implications. You asked a great question, and I also agree on keeping Horn, and not for the money only.

Falcon first down (1/26/2008)
What are you guys opinions about Adam Jennings? He has speed but sucks in punt return and is rarely used at WR. I think he could be a very good Deep threat if givin the chance. but of course he will need a QB that can get the ball down the field.

In the short time he did get to play he did pretty well. Jennings, from what I saw in his limited action, showed that he could create some seperation and read the defence to exploit the zone coverage. He was a pretty good reciever after the catch, too.

Yeah, I agree 100% but I'm afraid with the system we are installing he will get pushed to the back of the line once again and wont see hardly any playing time. Don't get me wrong, I love the thought of Smash Mouth Football but I feel it is going to suck for Jennings. I hope we will see some spread sets from time to time so we are able to get him more involved.

isaiah glaze (1/26/2008)

Joe Horn sucks....he was a very good WR for Saints in his prime but he was "washed up" before he got to the Falcons - this is why the Saints let them go.......McKay realized last season that he needed to hurry up and sign some more terrible free agents so he thought of Joe Horn, Joey Harrington and Byron Leftwich.

Looking forward to no more pitiful signings by McKay this off-season.

isaiah glaze (1/26/2008)

Joe Horn was once a good WR. Times have changed he isn't what he once was. I believe he is dead weight. He is our 4th WR.