What do you guys think of this...

Guest Macquiao

Guest Libid21

What do you guys think of us drafting someone like Carl Nicks in the fourth round and then get Tony Hills in the fourth? Hills was an Outland award nominee before he got injured, and Nicks can play right tackle (345 lbs. is pretty good). Weiner can play left tackle, and we can move him there to bulk up our offensive line and improve our run defense. Weiner's a versatile tackle who can block for both the run and the pass. Our depth chart next year for tackles would then be:

LT: Weiner (297 lbs.) | Hills (305 lbs.)

LG: Blalock (329 lbs.) | Batiste (318 lbs.)

C: McClure (285 lbs.) | Datish (305 lbs.)

RG: Faneca (307 lbs.) | Clabo (314 lbs.)

RT: Nicks (343 lbs.) | Foster (338 lbs.)

Guest Libid21
scott24falcs (1/26/2008)
I wouldn't mind it, but I thought Nicks was more of a 2nd/3rd rounder?

It was a typo. Sorry. Can't edit my post

I meant we draft Nicks in the SECOND round not the fourth. Sorry guys.

I wouldn't mind Nicks at all in the 2nd/3rd range. I never really got to see Tony Hills play before his injury, so I can't comment on him, although I've heard he's an excellent pass blocker.

I think it's beginning to look like Sam Baker will be available in the 2nd round. He is a fantastic pass blocker. He isn't the same powerful, run blocker that Long, Otah, Cherilus, etc. are, but he still is a great LT prospect.

Faneca is a LG. If he is signed as a free agent, it would be foolish to force him to switch. Blalock is better suited for the right side anyways. On the right side, he would have to beat out Clabo.

While we are in total rebuild, it is time to trade McClure to a zone blocking team. Datish, Wilkerson, and Velasco can fight for the spot.

Guest Libid21

LT: Weiner (297 lbs.) | Hills (305 lbs.)

LG: Faneca (307 lbs.) | Batiste (318 lbs.)

C: McClure (285 lbs.) | Datish (305 lbs.)

RG: Blalock (329 lbs.) | Clabo (314 lbs.)

RT: Nicks (343 lbs.) | Foster (338 lbs.)

There.

Guest Libid21
Boley59 (1/26/2008)
id go with OT chris williams 2nd round and OG Robert Felton 4th round and pick up womack in free agency.

LT:Wiener/Williams

LG:Blalock/Felton

C:McClure/Datish

RG:Womack/Felton

RT:Clabo/Foster

Why is Williams sitting? I think Weiner needs to start, but I don't think you spend a Top 50 pick on an offensive lineman and sit him. They need to develop into the system ASAP IMO.

I don't know, but I think that Carl Nicks has Jason Peters written all over him. Lots of people say that Jeff Otah is like Peters, but I think Otah is more like Max Starks.

I like the idea, but I think that Nicks would be more helpful to our O-Line as a left tackle.