Smith's Power Run means Bye Bye Dunn

Interceptor

The Kid with the Golden Arm (1/26/2008)
Dunn is a great humanitarian, but washed up as a football player. Just because someone is a good guy doesn't mean he should keep a roster spot while his skills have declined. He needs to be cut to make way for younger, cheaper talent.

i agree 100% with you

If we do keep him I really hope that he doesn't take carries away from a better football player and that this is his last year when his contract expires. He has a significant hit to cut so getting rid of him might not save that much money but I don't want to renegotiate in such a way we're having the same conversation next year.

Yup, just like he was cut last year for our 'new' power running scheme....oh wait.

He could have a great role on this team where people wouldnt look to hate him IF we brought in a starting RB. He would be a ridiculous 3rd down back.

Catches OK, pass blocks like no other, shifty enough on the draw plays.

Money does play a factor though.

Dunn will finish out his final season.

He will get a chance to win a job...I personaly don't think he will be a starter, but he will make the roster.

He sees the writing on the wall, and he will conduct himself as a professional and mentor the other backs. He IS to small to be of any great use in the system we will run starting next season but he will be a change of pace-third down back and a nice insurance policy aginst another back going down.

swamp stomper (1/26/2008)

He will get a chance to win a job...I personaly don't think he will be a starter, but he will make the roster.

He sees the writing on the wall, and he will conduct himself as a professional and mentor the other backs. He IS to small to be of any great use in the system we will run starting next season but he will be a change of pace-third down back and a nice insurance policy aginst another back going down.

I agree that it would be decent to let him end his career with us - but as a backup...if he can't be grateful for that role, then cut him loose.

Everybody expected us to say Bye Bye Dunn when Bobby Petrino came in here talking of said power running game and coming from a Louisville team with Kolby Smith and Michael Bush at the helm.

That didn't happen then. I hope it does now, but it wouldn't surprise me if Smitty kept Dunn around.

swamp stomper (1/26/2008)

At 4 million that is a MASSIVE insurance policy. A little too much in my opinion. I think people confuse Dunn the man and Dunn the player too much. I know people said he would be cut when Petrino came here, and yes you were right they made him a starter. However, we saw how he played in a power running scheme and it wasn't pretty. He's done. I love him as a person, but his time is up.