when Vick returns......

BirdsOfPrey (1/26/2008)
Crtl_Alt_Delete (1/26/2008)

I'm sorry, but this cannot be accurate. This first link is written on January 8, the same as the USA Today and AJC articles. Here are two quotes from the each.

USA Today

"Mr. Vick hopes to participate in programs offered at that facility, including the Bureau of Prisons drug treatment program," Martin said in a statement.

AJC

The Federal Bureau of Prisons confirmed Monday that Vick had been transferred to Leavenworth, but would not confirm that Vick would be entered into the drug program. Vick was moved from Northern Neck Regional Jail in Warsaw, Va., where he has been since reporting to prison before being sentenced Dec. 10.

So your links are flawed. Maybe he has been accepted and has already entered th program, but it has not been confirmed. Your links are from January 8, same as mine. As huge as this story has been on a national scale, I think we would have heard something. Don't you?

No I'm pretty sure they are not flawed and hopefully this will anser your question as to why there isnt much talk about it other than what little that is out there. Here is what the Bureau of prisons say

Bureau of Prisons officials would not discuss why Leavenworth was chosen for Vick s incarceration.

There are a lot of factors that go into the destination process that we don t make publicly available, Billingsley said.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bureau of Prisons officials would not discuss why Leavenworth was chosen for Vick s incarceration.

There are a lot of factors that go into the destination process that we don t make publicly available, Billingsley said.

Honestly, that doesn't answer anything. They are talking about the process in the destination. Meaning Leavenworth prison. That says nothing about the drug treatment program in question.

I pray to God Vick comes back to the NFL. However, I hope he comes back to another team, and takes all of his fans with him. I'm not this way because I'm a PETA supporter or anything, but I want no part of someone who had a $130 million contract and was stupid enough to bet on dogfights for a $1000 a fight. I won't stop being a Falcon fan if they brought him back but I would be very ashamed of the Falcons if they did.

ok...ok...lets talk about it.....

ykw screwed up royally...no doubt about it.

And now...the man is paying in a huge way for what he did. And he should pay for what he did.

By the start of the 2009 season though...he will be back...provided Goodell allows him back and ykw does not do anything else to mess things up even more(true...this may be a tall order).

If the Falcons pick up McFadden in the first round this April...people may start to wonder.

After all...can you think of a faster qb-rb tandum than ykw and Mcfadden. I think not. Not even close in fact.

The only other missing piece would be a descent OL. Imagine the possibilities.

jm_falcons (1/26/2008)
ok...ok...lets talk about it.....

ykw screwed up royally...no doubt about it.

And now...the man is paying in a huge way for what he did. And he should pay for what he did.

By the start of the 2009 season though...he will be back...provided Goodell allows him back and ykw does not do anything else to mess things up even more(true...this may be a tall order).

If the Falcons pick up McFadden in the first round this April...people may start to wonder.

After all...can you think of a faster qb-rb tandum than ykw and Mcfadden. I think not. Not even close in fact.

The only other missing piece would be a descent OL. Imagine the possibilities.

Won't be back.

His state trial starts April 2. Have to see what the outcome of that is.

Suspension for the criminal activity and drug use.

Falcons will not take him back, IMO.

Why are you looking for a fast QB/RB tandem? I want a passing QB who can scramble on designed play (not a bunch though) and when he needs to get out of the pocket.

you're right...

vick messed up and is currently dealing with the consequences

but i think everyone deserves a second chance after they've paid their dues

it's not our decision anyway

if arthur blank can forgive vick, i can too

of course, i'm not going to hold my breath

personally, i'd be uber-PO'd if i were blank

but i think blank is a great man with a great heart

and i think deep down he WANTS to forgive vick

chipster10 (1/26/2008)
Vick is DONE! He did wrong & is currently dealing with the consequences whether you agree with them or not! Let him be a man and step up to face the music....He will NEVER be a Falcon again....MOVE ON>>>>>>
Guest JBopper

VICK

VICK

VICK

VICK

and did I mention VICK.

That`s the last time I mention that name here.HE IS DUNN,oh I MEANT DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Move on people we have a Super Bowl to win.

Let it go please bird and swift

what happens if vick does come back.

you threaten to leave. As stated earlier as protesters leave supporters will come.

If you choose not to be a falcon fan because of one person, than you are stupid.

most of the falcon fans followed Deion when he left.

So, if vick comes back and you and the rest of the season ticket holders don't like it, Me and the rest of the Die-Hard fans who couldn't get season tickets because of fans like you will take your place. It's really not a long Drive from Birmingham to Atlanta... Really !

HOUFIS (1/27/2008)
MIKE is going to be back dont worry ,in Atlanta 100% people love him ,so who not dont come to the dome 2009 season!!

Sorry bud, he's done...it would be a PR nightmare....even if you did bring him back to the ATL....no opinions expressed on my part, but would you REALLY want P.I.T.A. representative all in your face at Falcon's Landing when you are trying to let your kid have a good time? And that's thinking on a minimal "fan level"....if that even exists.....

Culain (1/26/2008)
LOL, why the **** did they delete the YKW forum this crap has run rampant and needs to be addressed by the Mods real fans can't read the boards because of the YKW crap.

do we even have Mods any longer?

they were sstill coming over to TATF. Either way,w e're stuck with them until the mods crack down completely or these guys get out of puberty.

Here's part of Goodell's letter to Vick.

Your plea agreement and the plea agreements of your co-defendants also demonstrate your significant involvement in illegal gambling. Even if you personally did not place bets, as you contend, your actions in funding the betting and your association with illegal gambling both violate the terms of your NFL Player Contract and expose you to corrupting influences in derogation of one of the most fundamental responsibilities of an NFL player.

Dog fighting + illegal gambling = doubts that Vick will ever play in the NFL again. Then we all know he wasn't that good anyway. So keep dreaming Vickies.

run and shoot (1/26/2008)
run and shoot (1/26/2008)
Will this "O" be a fit? Oh he's coming back. Blank did not "shut the door".

Oh....so that's "the party line" around here. If ya' talk about Vick ur 'thug lover'. So the guy had/has a problem and now everybody is pretending he never existed as the Falcon QB??

What....is he supposed to have been banished/erased from Falcon history?

Have you been in a time warp? Maybe you need to go back to it. I'm very surprised this thread has lasted this long. I'm sure Don doesn't know about it. MODS?