The media has its darlings. Before you know it, we will be one of them.

etherdome

If I had one criticism of Atlantans, it is this: We seem to care too much what others think of us. Glancing through these boards and reading the AJC, you would think that we are all obsessed with our image.

The media is piling on us for having such a lousy team.....that is what they do. Only two years ago, we were the darlings. Mike Vick was wowwing the crowds and we were being featured on MNF and so many national broadcasts. Not too many on these boards complained about all the attention. Now, of course, we are being victimized. Get over it.

If you want to feel better, look around the NFL. Specifically, look at the teams that have turned over their coaching staffs.

Baltimore: They were spurned by Carroll and quickly tabbed an unknown Special teams coach. They fired their Super Bowl HC and hired an unknown. How do you think they feel? The media has not piled on, but can they truly feel like they hired the best man for the job?

Washington: Wow! They had to feel like their team was moving up. They lost their star Safety in a senseless way and then their HOF HC suddenly walks away. Now, they are hiring OC's before they even have a HC. They dump a talented OC and DC. Their DC was loved by the players and was the heir apparent to take over for Gibbs. Talk about mayhem.

Oakland: Al Davis is officially senile/insane. He Hires his new young HC last year and then presents him with a resignation to sign a week before the Senior Bowl. This is ugly and bound to get uglier.

Miami: I saved this one for last. The owner puts the team up for sale and then abruptly does an about face and hires Bill Parcells. BP is a media darling, but he is old and looking older. He quickly hires a HC that has never been a Coordinator....only an OL coach! Where is the uproar? This team is bad and very old. There is going to be a blood bath in Miami and the aftermath will last several years. The cap is a ##### and they will pay dearly. Let me put it this way.....we are lucky Parcells declined Arthur's offer.

Exactly right bgarcia. Tonight I will have a more expansive discussion on this. The media is fickle and frankly ill informed. Virtually every moderately informed poster on this board knows more than most national media figures about the Falcons.

Most sportscasters and writers have long ago bored of sports. Most of them don't even like it anymore. I have no worries about what any of them say.

fsu_steve (1/26/2008)
Exactly right bgarcia. Tonight I will have a more expansive discussion on this. The media is fickle and frankly ill informed. Virtually every moderately informed poster on this board knows more than most national media figures about the Falcons.

Most sportscasters and writers have long ago bored of sports. Most of them don't even like it anymore. I have no worries about what any of them say.

bulls-eye