WHATS WITH ALL THE COACH BASHING

What is up with all the hate for our new staff,yea i was a little shocked abt the smitty hire but when i watched his PC i thought ok maybe not a bad hire here,Now half of the ppl complaining on these boards dont have a clue on how good our coaches are and i'm 1 of them,but i'll tell you one thing all of the coaches have alot of nfl experience and when they all combine that knowledge together as a team in my eyes we are already better than the whole quitrino era. BOTTOM LINE LETS STOP THE HATE AND JUST DO WHAT FANS ARE SUPPOSE TO DO,CHEER NOT JEER OUR TEAM,THE ATLANTA FALCONS

WHO IS WITH ME???:)

They bash because that's all they can do. A person on the message board bashes when they're aware that they're b*tching and moaning will matter nothing in the end. The front office doesn't care what the fans think of hires, but they know they're whining will tick off at least one or two people on the board. It's that small percentage of people that they do tick off , in their mind, give them credibility and the attention they crave. It's a mild form of shaudenfreude, getting pleasure from another's pain.

Now if they're proved wrong, then they just b*tch even louder, never admitting that they were wrong.

If they somehow luck up and get something right, then they just whine about how we (like we actually listen enough to care) should have listened to them.

Even though they say they're behind the team, they really aren't, since, in their minds, nothing the team does is ever right.

When you call them on it, they're quick to pull the homer card on you, or worse, resulting to name-calling, which shows their lack of age and/or immaturity.

It's really funny and pathetic if you really think about it.

dirtybirdies98 (1/26/2008)
What is up with all the hate for our new staff,yea i was a little shocked abt the smitty hire but when i watched his PC i thought ok maybe not a bad hire here,Now half of the ppl complaining on these boards dont have a clue on how good our coaches are and i'm 1 of them,but i'll tell you one thing all of the coaches have alot of nfl experience and when they all combine that knowledge together as a team in my eyes we are already better than the whole quitrino era. BOTTOM LINE LETS STOP THE HATE AND JUST DO WHAT FANS ARE SUPPOSE TO DO,CHEER NOT JEER OUR TEAM,THE ATLANTA FALCONS

theres much debating left to be done

There are two types of "bashers." There are those who are skeptical, point out problems with the hires, and discuss them rationally.

Those people are disgruntled Falcons fans who want better for their team and are honestly concerned for our future. I have no beef with them, though I tend toward optimism.

Then there are those who call our coaches "garbage" or a "big steaming pile of Mularkey" or "failures" or what-not.

Those people are trolls, the lot of them.

I don't really like the Van Gorder hire, but I really like VAN GORDER. I just think he's a bit inexperienced to take over a defense when he was just the LB coach last year. I'll wait and see. I like the Smith hire a lot. Good, solid football guy. Mularkey would not have been my first choice, but he's a solid o-coordinator who sees eye-to-eye with our HC. You can't have a run-stopping defensive gameplan and a free-wheeling throw-first OC, because if you don't convert your high-flying plays, your defense is on the field all day and you can't win. We will do ball control, control the line of scrimmage, and keep the game close. It may be boring at first, but in the end, we'll have an offense that sets up huge passing plays over the top by making the other defense sell out the run, AND you can control the clock because you can run anytime you like. That is a winning formula.

dirtybirdies98 (1/26/2008)

I'm with U, but not sold on them one EYE-ODA !@!!

Past history has made me harden on them and rightfully so....sosososos please somebody HELP! :crying:

I'll tell you why...Spagnuolo is not a Falcon

Spagnuolo is not a Falcon