Dunn has been 'silent' since Smith's/Dimitroff's arrival, but is handwriting on the wall...

ATL--75

Smith said his emphasis on each side of the line will be the running game.

"My goal is to build a well-disciplined, hard-nosed football team that will be able to run the football on offense and stop the run on defense," Smith said.

Bobby Petrino wanted to have a strong running game, but Arthur Blank's dedication to Warrick Dunn allowed him to remain as starter for the 2007 season. Now will Coach Smith have any real clout in personnel in 2008 after making the preceding statement that a main emphasis will be 'running the football'..

The Warrick Dunn question or answer will be an early indication about whether Coach Mike Smith will be able to take control of this team. Plus, as long as Dunn is on this team in any capacity, the Falcons won't be able to move forward..

Actually, Dunn is more of an obstacle for Coach Smith and Mularkley than Vick ever was, so the next four to five weeks will gives us a big indication about the personnel direction of this team..

Will Dunn quietly retire..?

Man, I love Warrick Dunn so much. If everyone in the world were like him, we would be living in a utopia already. I've already decided that the next time I win a major award for something, my speech is going to start with, "I want to live a life Warrick Dunn would respect."

What a great human being he is.

Tiki Barber's retirement saved Coughlin's job and New York's 2007 season and now the Giants are in the Super Bowl..

Tiki Barber and Warrick Dunn are cut from the same cloth..egomanical, selfish (me-me) players who impaired the progress of their respective teams..

Eli Manning (minus Tiki and the injured Jeremy Shockley) was a relief for him and the team was able to move forward..

Eduardo Smith (1/26/2008)
Yes he may be a great human being but he still is an old, need to retire RB.

Oh, I'm relatively certain he's about to ride off into the sunset, which will rob the Falcons of their most impressive leader. It's time for someone new to follow his lead and rise to that level of greatness.

ATL--75 (1/26/2008)
Tiki Barber's retirement saved Coughlin's job and New York's 2007 season and now the Giants are in the Super Bowl..

Tiki Barber and Warrick Dunn are cut from the same cloth..egomanical, selfish (me-me) players who impaired the progress of their respective teams..

Eli Manning (minus Tiki and the injured Jeremy Shockley) was a relief for him and the team was able to move forward..

Warrick, the football player.. is over-the hill, mediocre, and a cap-killing player and to a certain degree a coach killer..

Warrick, the humanitarian, is wonderful..

I am able to separate the two... He should be a full-time philanthropist.. and have his own TV show..

pren226 (1/26/2008)
short yardage i could agree but what about snelling or that monster of a full back we have?

Ovie should be used more in 2008..

I am not sold on Snelling..

..and I don't trust Jerious' durability.. The Falcons need to acquire two RBs..

Dunn spoke a little bit this season, but you can't deny his overall body of work. I think he is definetely getting towards the end of his career. But he has been money up until this year. I don't think it's outrageous to think he just had a bad year and that he'll come back stronger next year, I mean he did miss all of training camp almost. He can still be effective and a great role model for the young kids in the locker room. I refuse to give up on him yet.

i feel you that ovie should be used more but you switched your arguement from dunn being mini owens to he wasnt that great on the goal line.

Dunn is a mediocre football player at 33 and was over-the-hill for a few years. Vick 'extended' Dunn's career and opened the door for him getting a contract extension of five million a year..

When Vick got in trouble, he referred to him as an 'ex-teammate'.. NO OTHER FALCON referred to Vick in that way EXCEPT Dunn.. it was deliberate, calculated and he has taken shots at Vick through the media prior to this.. He was envious and jealous of Vick..but without Vick, Dunn may have already been out of the league a least three years ago..and Dunn would NOT have gotten close to 10,000 yards either..

If Dunn didn't have anything good to say about Vick, then say no comment..

ATL--75 (1/26/2008)
i feel you that ovie should be used more but you switched your arguement from dunn being mini owens to he wasnt that great on the goal line.

Dunn is a mediocre football player at 33 and was over-the-hill for a few years. Vick 'extended' Dunn's career and opened the door for him getting a contract extension of five million a year..

When Vick got in trouble, he referred to him as an 'ex-teammate'.. NO OTHER FALCON referred to Vick in that way EXCEPT Dunn.. it was deliberate, calculated and he has taken shots at Vick through the media prior to this.. He was envious and jealous of Vick..but without Vick, Dunn may have already been out of the league a least three years ago..and Dunn would NOT have gotten close to 10,000 yards either..

If Dunn didn't have anything good to say about Vick, then say no comment..

so this is what you guys are up to. i really hope you writers get off strike and go back to making tv shows and making hollywood happy again. because you must be one the way you pull out some wild stuff like this.

ATL--75 (1/26/2008)
Smith said his emphasis on each side of the line will be the running game.

"My goal is to build a well-disciplined, hard-nosed football team that will be able to run the football on offense and stop the run on defense," Smith said.

Bobby Petrino wanted to have a strong running game, but Arthur Blank's dedication to Warrick Dunn allowed him to remain as starter for the 2007 season. Now will Coach Smith have any real clout in personnel in 2008 after making the preceding statement that a main emphasis will be 'running the football'..

The Warrick Dunn question or answer will be an early indication about whether Coach Mike Smith will be able to take control of this team. Plus, as long as Dunn is on this team in any capacity, the Falcons won't be able to move forward..

Actually, Dunn is more of an obstacle for Coach Smith and Mularkley than Vick ever was, so the next four to five weeks will gives us a big indication about the personnel direction of this team..

Will Dunn quietly retire..?

Goddammit man he ain't little T.O he's probably the most non T.O in the game and will you please stop posting your posts are nothing but b!tching i hate you, you suck and yuou are wasting internet bandwicth

ATL--75 (1/26/2008)

To say Dunn is selfish is the equal to sayin Grady Jackson isn't fat