Free agency question

Boley59

If you could sign any 3 free agents this offseason who would they be and why?

1-RB Micheal Turner-he has good inside power combined with good speed on the outside, he will be a feature back in this league and could be a good start for our new run first offense.

2-S ken Hamlin-He is a hard hitter with good range and excellent tackling ability. Dallas will try to tie him up for 3-4 years but i read that he wants to test the market.

3-OG Floyd Womack-He has started and played well from the bench as well. He could come in immediatly and start at rg and allow us to give Clabo a shot at RT.

I tried to be realistic and didnt just go haynesworth faneca.

i see turner as worth the money just look at how well he runs i know he will cost but he will produce. Multiple times this year LT was not producing and turner steps in and has an instant impact. As for womack i like him because he wont cost a ton and has size and ability. Hamlin may cost but we need to pay for talent no one is gonna come cheap to play for a team that went 4-12.

I only saw the Cowboys play about 6 times this year, but from what I read, Hamlin was their only reliable safety. Roy Williams had his worst year as a pro and Pat Watkins was battling injuries all year. I just checked and he had 5 INTs as well as 20 passes defensed. Those aren't end-all, be-all stats for a safety since there is so much going on at the position, but those numbers place him 3rd among safeties in picks and tied for first in passes defensed. He also got an All-Pro vote in addition to the Pro Bowl nod. It certainly seems like he had a good year on the surface, but I'm by no means a Cowboys expert.

All depends on who we draft, but i like these guys..

OG: Stacy Andrews/Justin Smiley

DT: Corey Williams/Randy Starks

FS: Ken Hamlin/Gibril Wilson

OT: Travelle Wharton/Jordan Gross

More than likely a few of these guys will be resigned, if not all, but if i could sign 3 of them i would choose Andrews, Wharton and Hamlin. We should be able to get a great DT with our 1st pick and a starting RT in the 2nd/3rd round...

I really dont want to sign anyone over 27-28 in FA...

Easily Mochael Turner. Why? Because of the fact that we won't be tempted to draft Darren McFadden if he is still on the board when we are on the clock. We could draft Jake Long if he was still available or Sedrick Ellis (who I really want) or Glenn Dorsey. Also, we wont have to draft a RB in rounds 2-4, instead we can draft a MLB and build up on our o-line.

Giving Faneca a 50M+ contract would be a mistake IMO...

The guy is 31, and we are no where near competing for playoffs. I think Faneca would be more of a knee-jerk signing than anything else... He could end up being another signing that we regret in the long run; it only takes one injury and we are back behind the 8-ball again in regards to the cap. I just think we need to sign young, but talented players that can grow with the team and still be around when the playoffs are in our sights...

Norwood32 (1/26/2008)
Floyd Womack OG

Nat Dorsey OT

Corey Williams DT

Im pretty sure Dorsey was resigned...

Williams is in an interesting situation and i wounder if they will resign him. The Packers reached for Harrel last year in the first, so they may let him go. He looks like he is improving every year and i think he would be a great signing for the Falcons...