Al Davis sends resignation letter to his head coach-tells him to sign it

g-dawg

RAIDERS:

How stupid is this? The owner/GM of Raiders wants to fire his head coach but he does not want to pay balance of coach's contract - so he sends him a resignation letter and says "here sign this".

REDSKINS:

Redskins are waiting on a head coach still, don't have a head coach, yet their owner - Dan Snyder hires Jim Zorn to be the offensive coordinator.

Where is the National "media outrage" about these dumb moves? I find it hilarious that the Atlanta Falcons get dragged through the mud over minute mis-steps and repeatedly bashed yet these horrifically stupid moves above only get reported in one article....

g-dawg (1/25/2008)
RAIDERS:

How stupid is this? The owner/GM of Raiders wants to fire his head coach but he does not want to pay balance of coach's contract - so he sends him a resignation letter and says "here sign this".

REDSKINS:

Redskins are waiting on a head coach still, don't have a head coach, yet their owner - Dan Snyder hires Jim Zorn to be the offensive coordinator.

Where is the National "media outrage" about these dumb moves? I find it hilarious that the Atlanta Falcons get dragged through the mud over minute mis-steps and repeatedly bashed yet these horrifically stupid moves above only get reported in one article....

i agree. the only thing that i heard about the raiders was around jan. 1st when they were saying lane might be fired because he wanted to bring in a new dc or something like that. i dont see him sticking around.

Petrino is NOT my hero (1/25/2008)
The Oakland thing was all over ESPN this afternoon...... im sure we will hear about the redskins move on monday... and even more about oakland once more developments come from that story

yea i heard about the redskins thing on the nfl network but not the oakland thing. im not watching any sports channel right now also so that probably has something to do w/ it lol.

The Oakland thing was all over ESPN this afternoon...... im sure we will hear about the redskins move on monday... and even more about oakland once more developments come from that story
'

yeah, maybe - you should hear more about them because these are both unbelievably STUPID moves......

The Redskins thing.....well, Zorn may end up being great OC but whoever the new coach is - is going to resent the **** out of being told - "this is your OC" and you are stuck with him for 3 years(length of Z's contract)

Oakland....well that has more drama than a teeanage girl slumber party..

g-dawg (1/25/2008)
'

yeah, maybe - you should hear more about them because these are both unbelievably STUPID moves......

The Redskins thing.....well, Zorn may end up being great OC but whoever the new coach is - is going to resent the **** out of being told - "this is your OC" and you are stuck with him for 3 years(length of Z's contract)

yea i would be pissed if someone just set me up w/ any offensive coordinator for the next 3 years.

The Raiders are just an embarrasment to football. People crap on us for situations we had no control over Vick and Petrino; Yet we're made out to look incompetent. Al Davis needs to give it up really. How old is that dude now anyway?? And the Redskins have me scratching my head. A couple of weeks ago Gregg Williams was a shoe in to replace Gibbs and now his name is nowhere to be found and they already hired an OC....Smart move:P

g-dawg (1/25/2008)
'

I hope Spags can get along with Zorn because he will be the next coach of the Redskins.

Spags/Zorn not a bad combo