CNNSI.com Mock Draft...

Ric Roc

Mock NFL Draft No. 1

Pick Team Pos. Player College Class Ht. Wt.

1 DT Glenn Dorsey LSU Sr. 6-1 310

I'm not convinced that new Dolphins football czar Bill Parcells will allow himself to assign No. 1 overall value to an interior defensive lineman, so don't overlook Miami taking defensive end Chris Long of Virginia if, as expected, it gets no offers to trade out of the slot. There's also the issue of whether Dorsey's disruptive style of play would best be used in the 3-4 formation, should the Dolphins switch to it with Parcells on board. But with Miami in need of defensive help, Dorsey is No. 1 for now.

2 DE Chris Long Virginia Sr. 6-3 266

The Rams' choice will likely boil down to someone named Long, either Chris or Michigan offensive tackle Jake Long (no relation). But we're giving them Howie Long's impressive son, because he's such a solid bet to quickly turn into an impact pro. Long would team nicely with last year's No. 1, defensive tackle Adam Carriker.

3 QB Matt Ryan Boston College Sr. 6-5 221

Given the Falcons' fiasco at quarterback in 2007 -- from Michael Vick to Joey Harrington to Byron Leftwich to Chris Redman -- being in position to turn their card in for Ryan seems like the first break Atlanta has gotten in almost a year. What about Brian Brohm? I don't think Arthur Blank is of the mind to take a chance on anyone else from Louisville for a while.

Expecting us to go QB so early in the draft simply b/c of "He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named" and JH is taking a very short-sighted and over-simplistic view of things...Matt Ryan is not an Eli, Rivers, or even J. Russell...

I say if he's on the board, there's no way we let Sedrick Ellis slip by...dude is monster on the line and he'll help us win that battle up front...who knows how bad Trey Lewis' injury is...

If Ellis is gone and Jake Long is there, that's my guess of who we'll take...and the two second round picks will probably be split between C. Henne/Flacco and J. Stewart/Dre Moore (if Ellis is gone)...

Just My Thoughts

bigduke633 (1/25/2008)
bossFALCON (1/25/2008)
i see ryan going #1 to MIA so the tuna can start off his new regime w/ his "franchise" qb.

Whoever miami thinks is the best qb will go first.When was the last time a DT went 1st?

yea i just threw ryan up there because he was on a mock on another site. MIA said they would trade down though. i could see the ravens possibly trading up for him or brohm. i dont see a DT going first even though anything is possible.

bossFALCON (1/25/2008)
bigduke633 (1/25/2008)
bossFALCON (1/25/2008)
i see ryan going #1 to MIA so the tuna can start off his new regime w/ his "franchise" qb.

Whoever miami thinks is the best qb will go first.When was the last time a DT went 1st?

yea i just threw ryan up there because he was on a mock on another site. MIA said they would trade down though. i could see the ravens possibly trading up for him or brohm. i dont see a DT going first even though anything is possible.

you saw what houston did anything is possible lol

jimusmc (1/25/2008)
bossFALCON (1/25/2008)
bigduke633 (1/25/2008)
bossFALCON (1/25/2008)

you saw what houston did anything is possible lol

lol yup anything is possible. nobody was expecting that. my mouth dropped when i found out the news.

Yes i disagree with CNN. Listening to Smitty talk in the PC and considering TD's New England roots, I don't think they'll take a QB first (God I hope they don't). They'll address the O-Line and D-Line first and foremost and they surround those cornerstones with skill players.

bossFALCON (1/25/2008)

why is that when they are trying to shop the pick........especially when Bill finds decent QBs in the later rounds.....Parcells will get a good QB late and sit him......no rush in MIA to start.

bigduke633 (1/25/2008)
bossFALCON (1/25/2008)

1994- "Big Daddy" Dan Wilkinson drafted by the Bengals. We know how that turned out. And Bryant Young was #7 that year going to the Niners.