First SCEA Official Resistance 2 Screens

lax32 (1/26/2008)
Ehhh... all those are all rendered pictures, they dont really show anything about how the graphics will be.

All I know is that the first resistance had almost laughable terrible graphics for a next gen console.

I really wish you spew some of this stupidity on some real gaming forums. You would be banned in a heart beat. Since you won't be here, I'll just set you straight.

1.) Resistance: Fall of Man is one of the best looking launch titles of this generation. Compare the X360 launch title Perfect Dark Zero to the PS3 launch title Resistance. Resistance makes PDZ look like a PS2 game.

2.) Those are in-game. The fact you don't seem to realize that only shows that you do not know anything about Insomniac Games. It also shows that people know nothing about the PS3's capabilities. Don't think for a second that Resistance 2, looking like that, will maximize the PS3's capabilities. Just like with the PS2, later games destroy early games in terms of visuals, AI, physics, etc..

I would also recommend you actually listen to the likes of Ted Price and James Stevenson before you formulate opinions. Also, check out Insomniac's R&D page to check out what they are doing with the PS3 hardware.

Finally, please realize that this will be Insomniac Games' 3rd title on the PS3. They've released Resistance in 2006, and Ratchet and Clank Future in 2007. Notice the leaps they've made between Resistance and R&C? Well guess what? Stevenson says the leap between Resistance 2 and R&C will be the same if not bigger.

You can try to convince yourself the fantasies you write, but I'll just stick with reality.

womfalcs3 (1/26/2008)
lax32 (1/26/2008)
Ehhh... all those are all rendered pictures, they dont really show anything about how the graphics will be.

All I know is that the first resistance had almost laughable terrible graphics for a next gen console.

I really wish you spew some of this stupidity on some real gaming forums. You would be banned in a heart beat. Since you won't be here, I'll just set you straight.

1.) Resistance: Fall of Man is one of the best looking launch titles of this generation. Compare the X360 launch title Perfect Dark Zero to the PS3 launch title Resistance. Resistance makes PDZ look like a PS2 game.

2.) Those are in-game. The fact you don't seem to realize that only shows that you do not know anything about Insomniac Games. It also shows that people know nothing about the PS3's capabilities. Don't think for a second that Resistance 2, looking like that, will maximize the PS3's capabilities. Just like with the PS2, later games destroy early games in terms of visuals, AI, physics, etc..

I would also recommend you actually listen to the likes of Ted Price and James Stevenson before you formulate opinions. Also, check out Insomniac's R&D page to check out what they are doing with the PS3 hardware.

Finally, please realize that this will be Insomniac Games' 3rd title on the PS3. They've released Resistance in 2006, and Ratchet and Clank Future in 2007. Notice the leaps they've made between Resistance and R&C? Well guess what? Stevenson says the leap between Resistance 2 and R&C will be the same if not bigger.

You can try to convince yourself the fantasies you write, but I'll just stick with reality.

Oh come on, you have got to be kidding me.

First of all, those definitely look rendered. They dont look anything like in-game footage. The same quality stuff was coming out when they released Halo 2 on Xbox.

Second, one of the best looking titles of this generation? You have got to be kidding me. Perfect Dark was just a startup game for the 360, you are comparing apples to oranges. I think its pretty sad that the poster child of PS3 games is getting compared to a small startup game for the 360, which was released way earlier. Resistance gets blown out of the water by games like Gears of War or Halo 3. It seriously looks like they took a PS2 game, and instead of making things look better, they just made it so they could display lots more crappy looking things.

Infact, I remember watching Diggnation when it came out and hearing that supposedly there were Sony execs yelling at the top of their lungs about how terrible Resistance looked and how poorly they used the processors.

Is Resistance two as terrible? I dont know anything about it. But its going to take a lot more than a couple rendered pictures to make me change my mind about it.

I like the fact that it supposedly has a 60 player multiplayer... not because I think a game with 60 players would be fun at all, but because that means they have to be using dedicated servers to run it which 360 has been lacking, but outside that I see no reason to get excited.

lax32 (1/26/2008)
womfalcs3 (1/26/2008)
lax32 (1/26/2008)

Oh come on, you have got to be kidding me.

First of all, those definitely look rendered. They dont look anything like in-game footage. The same quality stuff was coming out when they released Halo 2 on Xbox.

Second, one of the best looking titles of this generation? You have got to be kidding me. Perfect Dark was just a startup game for the 360, you are comparing apples to oranges. I think its pretty sad that the poster child of PS3 games is getting compared to a small startup game for the 360, which was released way earlier. Resistance gets blown out of the water by games like Gears of War or Halo 3. It seriously looks like they took a PS2 game, and instead of making things look better, they just made it so they could display lots more crappy looking things.

Infact, I remember watching Diggnation when it came out and hearing that supposedly there were Sony execs yelling at the top of their lungs about how terrible Resistance looked and how poorly they used the processors.

Is Resistance two as terrible? I dont know anything about it. But its going to take a lot more than a couple rendered pictures to make me change my mind about it.

I like the fact that it supposedly has a 60 player multiplayer... not because I think a game with 60 players would be fun at all, but because that means they have to be using dedicated servers to run it which 360 has been lacking, but outside that I see no reason to get excited.

I don't have time to read through your foolishness. I will say though... I said Resistance was one of the best LAUNCH titles this generation. PDZ was a launch title on the X360. Also, these have been confirmed to be in-game by Stevenson himself. They started from scratch with the dynamic lighting... which wasn't present in Resistance 1, etc.

Don't confuse Insomniac with inferior developers.

Also, the consensus among almost everybody is Uncharted physics/visuals are folds times better than Gears of War. UTIII on PS3 looks like Gears of War in every sense.

Lax, James Stevenson (on Gaf) said that all these are from the single player campaign (we all know the campaign for the co-op is different... so he confirmed this was from the SP campaign). In response to if the images are touched up, he said, "Every image gets some level adjustment just to match what's actually on our TVs. That's what you're seeing there - nothing sinister about it at all."

Even the Resistance: Fall of Man pictures were made to look like they would on a TV. You can see them on IGN or something.

lax32 (1/26/2008)

For a launch day title, they were pretty **** good, don't know what game your looking at.

womfalcs3 (1/27/2008)
Lax, James Stevenson (on Gaf) said that all these are from the single player campaign (we all know the campaign for the co-op is different... so he confirmed this was from the SP campaign). In response to if the images are touched up, he said, "Every image gets some level adjustment just to match what's actually on our TVs. That's what you're seeing there - nothing sinister about it at all."

Even the Resistance: Fall of Man pictures were made to look like they would on a TV. You can see them on IGN or something.

Now we get down to the truth.

I dont want to see touched up pictures that have enemies in perfect poses and without showing your gun/health/everything else that is normally on the screen.

Anyone can render a picture out of a game image and make it look good. Is that close to what you might see in the game? Probably. But its certainly not just a normal in game screenshot, thats for sure.

ak_falcon27 (1/27/2008)
For a launch day title, they were pretty **** good, don't know what game your looking at.

Not really? They didn't look much better than any PS2 or Xbox games that were out at the time. The only difference I saw is that it could produce a lot more mediocre looking stuff on the same screen. I guess thats not the end of the world for a launch title, but when that launch title is supposed to be the PS3 poster boy and the PS3 took a year past the 360 to get out there arent any excuses.

lax32 (2/3/2008)
womfalcs3 (1/27/2008)

Now we get down to the truth.

I dont want to see touched up pictures that have enemies in perfect poses and without showing your gun/health/everything else that is normally on the screen.

Anyone can render a picture out of a game image and make it look good. Is that close to what you might see in the game? Probably. But its certainly not just a normal in game screenshot, thats for sure.

ak_falcon27 (1/27/2008)

Not really? They didn't look much better than any PS2 or Xbox games that were out at the time. The only difference I saw is that it could produce a lot more mediocre looking stuff on the same screen. I guess thats not the end of the world for a launch title, but when that launch title is supposed to be the PS3 poster boy and the PS3 took a year past the 360 to get out there arent any excuses.

I realize you're speaking from no knowledge as you know nothing about the video gaming industry.

They touched up the images so that it looks like it would when you're playing it on TV. You obviously can't or didn't read. There's only one thing in this world that frustrates me, and that is lack of intelligence. Please respond with some.

Resistance looked better than all the X360 first year titles. You speaking like that only frustrates those who value intelligence even more.

If you're an X360 blind fanboy, Halo 3 had CGI that were passed off as in-game by Bungie. Halo 3 looks mediocre and it's not even in HD!

Insomniac Games is one of the best developers around, and you obviously don't know anything about video gaming. So stop coming in here acting as if you're Mark Rein or Ted Price.

womfalcs3 (1/26/2008)

He would be banned for speaking his opinion? So basically all of you who frequent video game sites are gay?

Headshot (2/3/2008)
womfalcs3 (1/26/2008)

He would be banned for speaking his opinion? So basically all of you who frequent video game sites are gay?

He would be banned for trolling.

He posts in PS3 threads just to negatively post something about it. In a real gaming forum, if you troll, one strike and you're out. No system wars nonsense is accepted.

You don't see me posting in X360-related threads in here with, "X360 sucks" (not in so much words). All he does is incite a verbal brawl.

womfalcs3 (2/3/2008)

I realize you're speaking from no knowledge as you know nothing about the video gaming industry.

They touched up the images so that it looks like it would when you're playing it on TV. You obviously can't or didn't read. There's only one thing in this world that frustrates me, and that is lack of intelligence. Please respond with some.

Resistance looked better than all the X360 first year titles. You speaking like that only frustrates those who value intelligence even more.

If you're an X360 blind fanboy, Halo 3 had CGI that were passed off as in-game by Bungie. Halo 3 looks mediocre and it's not even in HD!

Insomniac Games is one of the best developers around, and you obviously don't know anything about video gaming. So stop coming in here acting as if you're Mark Rein or Ted Price.

Youre calling me the 360 fanboy? You are sounding like such a sony fanboy that if they started putting out 16 bit games you would probably having orgasms about how lifelike the people were.

Honestly, resistance had better graphics than GoW? Are you kidding me? Its not even close... I don't even know where to start with that. Im not entirely sure Id even put its graphics past Half Life 2. The fact that you won't admit that Resistance didn't have good graphics just solidifies the fact that you are a blind PS3 fanboy.

And come on, the fact that they touched them up to "make them look how they would look on your TV" doesnt mean that they didn't touch them up. That picture that you posted isnt a screenshot. Its someone who set up a perfect looking pictures with all the enemies at perfect angles then touched it up. You can justify it all you want by saying "they only did it to look more accurate", but the fact is that those pictures aren't normal screenshots.

Seriously, you are just calling me a troll because I don't think everything Sony does is golden. To tell the truth, I think the PS3 is terrible and am well justified in doing so. I think its a joke that they thought it could compete with the 360 by forcing people to pay 200 dollars more for a built in blueray player, I think all the launch titles sucked, I think the fact that the controllers dont vibrate is a joke, and I think the fact that it came out a year late is a joke. I thought the PS2 was great, and think the PS3 COULD be great if they get it to the same price as a 360 and make better games for it. Until then though, Im going to rightfully call it out for sucking.