Mularkey's effect on the draft...

Mularkey uses a power running game, so ATL will need a Power Back. I don't think McFadden will be drafted by Atlanta. Matt Forte is looking more and more like the guy. he is a complete back with a very good skill set and quick feet in the hole. Whenever I hear "quick feet in the hole," I think Jerome Bettis.

Another component is vertical passing. That means a strong-armed QB. I doubt Atlanta goes QB first round, so we're probably looking at Flacco, Henne, Woodson, Johnson, and Dixon, above the others.

The trend of big lineman will continue, which is a good thing. I like a lot of the OTs, but as far as mid-rounders go, think Greco, McGlynn, Rinehart, and Felton.

Tight ends will be very important in the offense. They must be able to block and catch. Rucker, Bennett, Carlson, and Cottam are probabilities with Craig Stevens and J.J. Finley as late round guys.

--------------

Mularkey's offense in Buffalo was stagnant, but he had instability at QB, no real power back, and a bad offensive line... Most of this was true in Miami as well, so it will be very important that Atlanta address these needs via draft and Free Agency.

The Cush (1/25/2008)
Mularkey uses a power running game, so ATL will need a Power Back. I don't think McFadden will be drafted by Atlanta. Matt Forte is looking more and more like the guy. he is a complete back with a very good skill set and quick feet in the hole. Whenever I hear "quick feet in the hole," I think Jerome Bettis.

Another component is vertical passing. That means a strong-armed QB. I doubt Atlanta goes QB first round, so we're probably looking at Flacco, Henne, Woodson, Johnson, and Dixon, above the others.

The trend of big lineman will continue, which is a good thing. I like a lot of the OTs, but as far as mid-rounders go, think Greco, McGlynn, Rinehart, and Felton.

Tight ends will be very important in the offense. They must be able to block and catch. Rucker, Bennett, Carlson, and Cottam are probabilities with Craig Stevens and J.J. Finley as late round guys.

--------------

Mularkey's offense in Buffalo was stagnant, but he had instability at QB, no real power back, and a bad offensive line... Most of this was true in Miami as well, so it will be very important that Atlanta address these needs via draft and Free Agency.

I think McFadden is clearly back on the falcons radar...Mularkey likes trickey plays, McFadden can throw the ball, run the ball, catch a ball.

Twinblade (1/25/2008)
The Cush (1/25/2008)

--------------

I think McFadden is clearly back on the falcons radar...Mularkey likes trickey plays, McFadden can throw the ball, run the ball, catch a ball.

I'm sure McFadden's talent will warrant heavy consideration by the team, but in the end, I don't think Dimitroof nor Smith will sign off on McFadden for Mularkey because he can pass. I think the trick plays are a part of the offense, but the most important part is power running to set up everything else.

Ryan Torain and Marcus Thomas are also incredible RBs who are not so obvious. Torain is likely a 4th rounders, while I believe Thomas could go in the 5th or 6th.

I was big on Cory Boyd a while back and he fell of the radar a little bit for me, but I'm starting to like him more and more.

Forte, Torain, Thomas, or Boyd would be great value picks for a powerful runner.

Twinblade (1/25/2008)
The Cush (1/25/2008)

--------------

I think if Darren McFadden is there at 3, 4, or 5 I think he will undoubtedly be a Falcon, first off he is a dynamic running back that occassionally likes to throw the ball and 2nd he is a ticket seller which would boost the overall account of the team.

Carter (1/26/2008)
Ryan Torain and Marcus Thomas are also incredible RBs who are not so obvious. Torain is likely a 4th rounders, while I believe Thomas could go in the 5th or 6th.

I was big on Cory Boyd a while back and he fell of the radar a little bit for me, but I'm starting to like him more and more.

Forte, Torain, Thomas, or Boyd would be great value picks for a powerful runner.

I would be happy with any of those. There is going to be some great value picks for RB in this draft.

Both Thomas and Smitty have said their priority is to control both sides of the line of scrimmage. We have seen mularkey's offenses. I don't think there is any way to take a running back in the 1st round. If we are at 3, I would not be surprised for us to trade down, if there are any takers. We need a lot of BIG bodies.

With TD running this draft I think it is very unlikely we take DMC with our first pick. The more likely scenario I see is trading down to acquire more picks. We have alot of holes to fill and there will be very good talent still available at picks 15-45. Hope fully we can spin our 1st (3rd/5th) for a couple of extra 1st day picks. We would be sitting pretty with something like 6-7 first day picks at TD's disposal.