Who is your choice for biggest sleepers in your team's recruiting class.

SacFalcFan

For UGA:

Carlton Thomas - (He is going to be awesome. He will be a big 3rd down option. He will also be huge on special teams)

Ben Jones - (I love his attitude. The guy is one mean guy on the field. He dominated every camp he was at against almost every DT he played against. He will give this oline a mean kick your butt attitude and I think he plays right away.)

Tavarres King - (Yes he is a 4 star guy, but he isn't talked about with the likes of julio jones & aj green, but IMO his impact will have people talking about him and his talent in the same way in a few years. With the amount of great wrs who have come through Georgia, it was quite an accomplishment for him to own the most receiving yards ever by a Georgia Wide Receiver)

Sanders Commings - (Playmaker. That is what this kid is. He is always around the ball. He is going to be play safety and we will see him follow a long line of great safeties at UGA)

Jeremy Longo - (A great motor. Very very talented. Everyone is talking about toby jackson or cornelius washington, but I think jeremy will be that diamond on the dline that people are overlooking with this recruiting class.)

For Alabama:

Don'ta Hightower -- a 4 star LB out of TN but not much pub nationally. I think this kid is going to be a really good linebacker for Alabama. His size/speed combo is very impressive.

Terrence Cody -- a JUCO 3 star DT committed to UA but still considering Miami. As far as immediate impact, Cody should really help UA in 2008. For Saban's 3-4 defense, you need a space-eater in the middle -- I would say Cody fits that bill at 6'5", 395 pounds.

Mark Barron -- a 4 star ATH out of St. Paul's (Mobile). Another kid I think will be an immediate impact guy. Outside of Burton Scott (who is a 5 star), I think Barron is our top recruit as far as being able to contribute right away. Barron could play any one of about five positions, but I fully expect him to compete for the starting safety spot as a true freshman.

CrimsonKat (1/25/2008)
For Alabama:

Don'ta Hightower -- a 4 star LB out of TN but not much pub nationally. I think this kid is going to be a really good linebacker for Alabama. His size/speed combo is very impressive.

Terrence Cody -- a JUCO 3 star DT committed to UA but still considering Miami. As far as immediate impact, Cody should really help UA in 2008. For Saban's 3-4 defense, you need a space-eater in the middle -- I would say Cody fits that bill at 6'5", 395 pounds.

Mark Barron -- a 4 star ATH out of St. Paul's (Mobile). Another kid I think will be an immediate impact guy. Outside of Burton Scott (who is a 5 star), I think Barron is our top recruit as far as being able to contribute right away. Barron could play any one of about five positions, but I fully expect him to compete for the starting safety spot as a true freshman.

That sounds a bit scary especially for a guy's heart to be that big and playing football. Almost 400 lbs.. dang.

Not sleeper picks but guys I can't wait to see in Maize and Blue...........

Sam McGuffie RB small fast all purpose back, many believe Rich Rod will use him like a Noel Devine.

Boubacar Cissoko CB a DeAnglo Hall carbon copy IMO, small agressive corner that can cover but takes alot of chances and tries to jump routes.

Darryl Stonum WR I think he has what it takes to be the next great UM, a Manningham carbon copy but a little taller.

All of these players are 4 Star recruits so not really sleepers.

Yeah Sac, you named a couple of the guys that I think will be under the radar impact players.

Ben Jones looks like a bonafied wall. I'm very excited to see how he does. It's awesome that he's already at UGA. Ben is a really big boy too, already 306lbs.

Sanders' game tape might be the most impressive tape that any of our defensive recruits have. He has ball skills comparable to Sean Jones. And he's also completely capable of dropping the hammer on a ball carrier. He's a very interesting prospect because of his size too; him being 6'1" 195lbs right out of highschool.

I wish I knew more about Longo, he's probably our one recruit I know least about.

But a guy that is the easiest to forget of this class based on ranking, I think, could really show up at some point. Bryce Ros. He's not slow, and he's not weak, and has shown the motor to be VERY productive on the defensive side of the ball. And, you never know what happens at the TE, in terms of big formations. Who would have though that Figgs would have been on the field 100 times more than Naderris Ward at this point?

Demetrius Dew (1/25/2008)
Not sleeper picks but guys I can't wait to see in Maize and Blue...........

Sam McGuffie RB small fast all purpose back, many believe Rich Rod will use him like a Noel Devine.

Boubacar Cissoko CB a DeAnglo Hall carbon copy IMO, small agressive corner that can cover but takes alot of chances and tries to jump routes.

Darryl Stonum WR I think he has what it takes to be the next great UM, a Manningham carbon copy but a little taller.

All of these players are 4 Star recruits so not really sleepers.

When you said 'DeAngelo Hall carbon copy', did you mean 'Prince Miller' carbon copy? The kid is 5'8" 170lbs. That's nothing like DHall. Not to mention, DHall has All World speed. Boubacar looks like a fine college prospect, one worth getting excited over. But DHall carbon copy is a bit much for me.

I do think Stonum is going to be a hoss. I wouldnt really compare him to Manningham, just because he's pretty much already bigger than him. Stonum's going to be a big, fast, and physical WR.

mbrizzle (1/26/2008)
Yeah Sac, you named a couple of the guys that I think will be under the radar impact players.

Ben Jones looks like a bonafied wall. I'm very excited to see how he does. It's awesome that he's already at UGA. Ben is a really big boy too, already 306lbs.

Sanders' game tape might be the most impressive tape that any of our defensive recruits have. He has ball skills comparable to Sean Jones. And he's also completely capable of dropping the hammer on a ball carrier. He's a very interesting prospect because of his size too; him being 6'1" 195lbs right out of highschool.

I wish I knew more about Longo, he's probably our one recruit I know least about.

But a guy that is the easiest to forget of this class based on ranking, I think, could really show up at some point. Bryce Ros. He's not slow, and he's not weak, and has shown the motor to be VERY productive on the defensive side of the ball. And, you never know what happens at the TE, in terms of big formations. Who would have though that Figgs would have been on the field 100 times more than Naderris Ward at this point?

Enjoyed your comments on the guys. The one reason why I didn't include Ros is right now we really don't know where he is going to be at. he is listed as a TE, but many believe he will grow into a Dlineman. He will be redshirted this year and then we will see how big he grows and how much weight he puts on. He will outperform his 2 star rating IMO. He was a 3 star the entire time and they just dropped him and it's primarily because he doesn't have a clear spot where he will be playing.

SacFalcFan (1/25/2008)
CrimsonKat (1/25/2008)
For Alabama:

That sounds a bit scary especially for a guy's heart to be that big and playing football. Almost 400 lbs.. dang.

He actually is over 400 pounds right now -- he was at 395 to begin the season in Juco but they said he has put on some weight and has topped out now over 400. That is why Rivals dropped him from a 4 star to a 3 star.

Ideally, I think Saban would like to get him a Redshirt year for conditioning -- but with our immediate need at DT, he will play right away. With Saban's Fourth Quarter Conditioning Program, I can promise you Cody will not be over 400 by football season.

When you said 'DeAngelo Hall carbon copy', did you mean 'Prince Miller' carbon copy? The kid is 5'8" 170lbs. That's nothing like DHall. Not to mention, DHall has All World speed. Boubacar looks like a fine college prospect, one worth getting excited over. But DHall carbon copy is a bit much for me.

I do think Stonum is going to be a hoss. I wouldnt really compare him to Manningham, just because he's pretty much already bigger than him. Stonum's going to be a big, fast, and physical WR.

When I said Carbon copy I was referring to style of play and not actual size but since you do mention size, the only difference between both players is 2 inches in height.

WTA (1/27/2008)
I would name one or two, but pretty much everyone in UK's recruiting class is a sleeper... :D

Of UK's class, I really like Taylor Wyndham. He has a lot of upside. Good frame to put on weight and has shown a lot of athleticism. Think he is the sleeper coming out of SC this year. Really wish we wouldve offered, but you guys have a good one coming in.

gamecocknfire (1/27/2008)

Of UK's class, I really like Taylor Wyndham. He has a lot of upside. Good frame to put on weight and has shown a lot of athleticism. Think he is the sleeper coming out of SC this year. Really wish we wouldve offered, but you guys have a good one coming in.

I like him too... He definitely needs to put on some weight though... Some folks are saying he may get moved to DE... Looks to have the tools to be a solid pass-rusher if that's the case...

WTA (1/27/2008)

I like him too... He definitely needs to put on some weight though... Some folks are saying he may get moved to DE... Looks to have the tools to be a solid pass-rusher if that's the case...

Yeah it looks as if he will be used as a rush end. Once he gets into a real weight room it'll do wonders for him and there is no way he wont put on weight. Maybe even expect him to redshirt his first year.

WTA (1/27/2008)
I would name one or two, but pretty much everyone in UK's recruiting class is a sleeper... :D

LOL.. hmm i wonder why you like wyndham.. :P:D

CrimsonKat (1/26/2008)
SacFalcFan (1/25/2008)
CrimsonKat (1/25/2008)
For Alabama:

He actually is over 400 pounds right now -- he was at 395 to begin the season in Juco but they said he has put on some weight and has topped out now over 400. That is why Rivals dropped him from a 4 star to a 3 star.

Ideally, I think Saban would like to get him a Redshirt year for conditioning -- but with our immediate need at DT, he will play right away. With Saban's Fourth Quarter Conditioning Program, I can promise you Cody will not be over 400 by football season.

A note about cody. He is visited UM and if they offer it's believe he will commit on the spot. Not sure if that's accurate, but that's the feel people have regarding this situation with Cody.

A note about cody. He is visited UM and if they offer it's believe he will commit on the spot. Not sure if that's accurate, but that's the feel people have regarding this situation with Cody.

We only have 17 Commits with a few of those still shopping around. I don't see why they wouldn't offer him one. We will see though.

Does Scout or Rivals grade each schools recruiting classes after like their Sophomore, Junior and Senior years to see if the grade of the recruiting class when they were recruited is accurate?

SacFalcFan (1/28/2008)
WTA (1/27/2008)

LOL.. hmm i wonder why you like wyndham.. :P:D

South Carolina guy. Why else would I like him?;)

Demetrius Dew (1/28/2008)

We only have 17 Commits with a few of those still shopping around. I don't see why they wouldn't offer him one. We will see though.

Does Scout or Rivals grade each schools recruiting classes after like their Sophomore, Junior and Senior years to see if the grade of the recruiting class when they were recruited is accurate?

Excuse me.. I meant UM as in university of Miami. I will make sure I say miami next time. :)