Mike Mayock's Top 5 Quarterbacks...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jsessionid=...eo&confirm=true

Chad Henne

Also, browse around and check out all the videos on there and also the interviews here on AF.com. I particularly liked the interview with Henne, Flacco, and JDB sitting together on NFL.com. Mayock asks them to do a quick analysis of one of the other guys next to them and one of the thing JDB says about Henne is he was surprised at how well he interacts with the guys that are around him and his leadership ability.

Also, Andre Woodson seems to be slipping and could possibly be a steal in the 2nd or 3rd round. However, I honestly believe that Henne is much more ready to step in and would require only a year to sit where Woodson would probably be better off sitting for a year or two. Whoever we got though, we must be committed to letting them learn and coaching them before throwing them into the fire. It's simply the best way to go. At this point, I would not be upset with taking that route with either Henne or Flacco.

grendel (1/25/2008)
Orange_Crush (1/25/2008)

Chad Henne

Also, browse around and check out all the videos on there and also the interviews here on AF.com. I particularly liked the interview with Henne, Flacco, and JDB sitting together on NFL.com. Mayock asks them to do a quick analysis of one of the other guys next to them and one of the thing JDB says about Henne is he was surprised at how well he interacts with the guys that are around him and his leadership ability.

Also, Andre Woodson seems to be slipping and could possibly be a steal in the 2nd or 3rd round. However, I honestly believe that Henne is much more ready to step in and would require only a year to sit where Woodson would probably be better off sitting for a year or two. Whoever we got though, we must be committed to letting them learn and coaching them before throwing them into the fire. It's simply the best way to go. At this point, I would not be upset with taking that route with either Henne or Flacco.

:w00t::w00t: I love how he drops Brohm for sitting out the Senior Bowl for an injury, but the overrated lump from his alma mater gets a pass for being too afraid to show us what he's made of.

Yeah, I hate how he still has Ryan rated so highly. There is absolutely nothing that sets him apart from Henne, Flacco, JDB, and Brohm right now. At least those three guys and Woodson weren't afraid to compete.

Orange_Crush (1/25/2008)
Yeah, I hate how he still has Ryan rated so highly. There is absolutely nothing that sets him apart from Henne, Flacco, JDB, and Brohm right now. At least those three guys and Woodson weren't afraid to compete.

Absolutely nothing that sets him apart?

Are you friggin serious?

His nickname is Matty Ice...what more do you need with a (#####) nickname like that. :w00t:

edit: wow, I cant say q###r? Thats like not any worse than g#y or f#g....what gives....

First let me say... Matt Ryan is EXTREMELY over rated.... with that said... i can completely understand why he did not attend the senior bowl.. he cannot help his draft stock wat so ever by playing in the senior bowl... the ESPN Hype already has him as the easy favorite to be the first overall QB and a top 5 pick.... i wouldn't have gone either.. no reason to if you can only hurt your stock... But Matt Ryan still sucks

Petrino is NOT my hero (1/25/2008)
First let me say... Matt Ryan is EXTREMELY over rated.... with that said... i can completely understand why he did not attend the senior bowl.. he cannot help his draft stock wat so ever by playing in the senior bowl... the ESPN Hype already has him as the easy favorite to be the first overall QB and a top 5 pick.... i wouldn't have gone either.. no reason to if you can only hurt your stock... But Matt Ryan still sucks

I'll just put it like this , Ryan is the best QB in the DRaft , Now where he should be drafted is another question. I think he shold be drafted around 20 .JMO

Reason being , Quinn was drafted around 20 ;ast year and I like Quinn just as much as Ryan and even better.

Draftnut57 (1/25/2008)

I'll just put it like this , Ryan is the best QB in the DRaft , Now where he should be drafted is another question. I think he shold be drafted around 20 .JMO

Reason being , Quinn was drafted around 20 ;ast year and I like Quinn just as much as Ryan and even better.

I will agree with you there draft.....

the problem is Ryan wont draft that low, because there is too much pressure on struggling teams to take a QB high.

IMO, Ryan is the best prospect, but far from the best "bang for the buck" QB. I think Brohm, Henne, Flacco or JDB in rounds 2-3 is MUCH better value than taking Ryan @ 3-5.

Well I think Ryan will be a better QB than the other Manning kid. Im with draftnut as well I think I think he and Quinn are gonna make darn good QBs. Oh yeah speaking of Quinn, I heard a few weeks back that they really like him in Clevland and want for him to start there because he is a bit more charismatic than Anderson (marketable). Anyway wonder what it is gonna take to get Anderson isnt he suppose to be a restricted FA this year?

Petrino is NOT my hero (1/25/2008)

Ask Brady Quinn that same question and see what answer you get NOW. Qb's who sit out of the senior bowl have a knack for dropping down in the draft.

From an AP article on NBC Sports.com

Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn will sit out the Senior Bowl with a minor knee injury.

Brady Quinn still will travel to Mobile for the game, an audition for senior NFL prospects, Senior Bowl spokesman Vic Knight told the Press-Register of Mobile.

Knight said Friday he didn t know which knee was injured or how the injury occurred.

Brady Quinn was examined at Dr. James Andrews office in Birmingham, Knight said, and was advised not to play in the Jan. 27 game.

There was no mention of when the injury occured or whether it happened during the Sugar Bowl or not. Honestly, I was surprised Brady Quinn was going to play in the Senior Bowl to begin with. Usually a prospect whose draft stock is as high as Brady Quinn s, especially at quarterback, won t play in these type of games.

Anyway, no Brady in the Senior Bowl which means we have officially seen the last of Brady Quinn playing in a Notre Dame helmet (since Senior Bowl players were their schools helmet during the game).

Scared Qb's don't belong in the NFL.

For the record, I would most definitely take Brady Quinn over Matt Ryan. The great thing about this draft is that we do not have to hope a quarterback will slide, one will be there for us with our top 2nd round pick. I'm almost positive Chad Henne will still be there and although it might be a "reach", a reach in the 2nd round is easier to live with than a reach with the 3rd-5th overall pick.

The thing that folks are missing with Matt Ryan is sure he may be only worth a top 15-20 pick in some drafts, but in this draft he's a hot commodity. Just like buying a house in San Fran; sometimes the value is overinflated cause everyone is trying to buy it :) Ryan is the most pro ready QB in this draft. He'll go top 5. Personally, i think Parcells takes him and we won't have a dilemma.

Orange_Crush (1/26/2008)
For the record, I would most definitely take Brady Quinn over Matt Ryan. The great thing about this draft is that we do not have to hope a quarterback will slide, one will be there for us with our top 2nd round pick. I'm almost positive Chad Henne will still be there and although it might be a "reach", a reach in the 2nd round is easier to live with than a reach with the 3rd-5th overall pick.
I don't consider getting Henne in the 2nd a reach at all.