Give the staff a chance!!!

Scott Case 25

Case25 (1/25/2008)
Can everyone give the new coaching staff a chance. All this negativity and nothing even happened yet. You would think that its the end of next season and we are 4-12. How about a little support from the fans......

Oh yeah, trade up in the draft and get the man noted below...

Actually something did happen. They hired Bryan Van Quitter to be the DC.

I have taken that as a bad move that warrants criticism. The new HC and GM should have known this would be an issue with some of the fans. Otherwise they're both idoits and we hired the wrong guys.

My problem is we've always had unappealing coaches to me in these past couple of years. Each year I get hyped up about the coaches, mostly because I become convinced by the posters on here. Well I've decided to not do that this year because I'll just be more severely disappointed.

I thought we had a great staff last year and just needed a different head coach. These choices for OC and DC give me so much doubt about next season and the choices the higher ups are making.

Now is not the time to start this thread.

The time to write this thread will be in two years. Why do I say that? Because this team has to be totally restructured. The philosophy of an "exciting product on the field" has to be destroyed.

The best teams in the league win because they do not forget the fundamentals of this game. The game is won and lost in the trenches. If you want high flying acrobatics, watch Basketball. This game of football is all about the trenches.

You have to be stronger and quicker than your opponent but more importantly, you must perform precisely. Our offense is going to look horrible next season. Fans will be pulling their hair out because Mularkey's offense is "way too predictable." Three yards and a cloud of dust. We will not win many games, but a strong and reliable foundation will be laid. Once the OL and DL learn to play as a unit and execute perfectly, the rest will fall into place. That means nothing to the casual fan, but will mean the world to the serious football fans that have suffered through decades of circus football in this town.

Save your title to this thread for the year 2009. That is when we will truly need it.

For every positive post, there are 10 negative ones so it doesn't get noticed. Why are you not for these coaches (for anyone who has an issue with them)?

Let me describe a situation for you.

A football team hires a new coach. The team has been very/extremely successful at running the football and had personnel built around that.

The new coach doesn't like the system so he decides to do it "his way" and scraps the old system.

The next season the team tanks and barely wins a couple of games.

Then instead of staying, rebuilding and fixing the mess that was created the coach bolts for another job.

Does it sound familiar? Believe it or not I'm not talking about Petirno. I'm talking about Van Goober.

He pulled a Petrino before Pertirno.

Fire Bryan Van Groder (1/25/2008)
For every positive post, there are 10 negative ones so it doesn't get noticed. Why are you not for these coaches (for anyone who has an issue with them)?

A football team hires a new coach. The team has been very/extremely successful at running the football and had personnel built around that.

The new coach doesn't like the system so he decides to do it "his way" and scraps the old system.

Then instead of staying, rebuilding and fixing the mess that was created the coach bolts for another job.

Does it sound familiar? Believe it or not I'm not talking about Petirno. I'm talking about Van Goober.

OK, we get it - You don't like Van Groder. You've made your point ever apparent. Don't you have anything else to add?

I agree we have to give these guys a chance.

I think our linebackers played better than they had the last 3 or 4 years. vangordner had to have something to do with that.

mike smith's record speaks for itself as a Dcoordinator, great defensive mind.

VG-great at georgia as DC--only one year at GS left because he got a chance to go to the pros how can you blame the guy for taking a promotion! in ATL, he got our linebackers to playing better. He coached under the current coach and knows what he expects.simply put the guy fits.

emmit thomas- just 41 years of nfl experience. and has the pulse of the team in his hands.

give the guys a shot at being successfull.

And this means what to me? He is our coach NOW and was last season. I would say he was happier here in the NFL but took a job in college because he felt he wouldn't be kept on as an assistant after Quitrino left. You are making this out to be more than it needs to be. Try being positive for once...it might make you smile.

Case25 (1/25/2008)
Can everyone give the new coaching staff a chance. All this negativity and nothing even happened yet. You would think that its the end of next season and we are 4-12. How about a little support from the fans......

Oh yeah, trade up in the draft and get the man noted below...

Why does it matter whether anyone on here gives them a chance?

OK, we get it - You don't like Van Groder. You've made your point ever apparent. Don't you have anything else to add?

No that covers it for now. He has to prove to me he's a good coach.

I'm going to focus on him rather than the "brain trust" that though it was a good idea to bring him back.

I just love how people defend him like they did Petrino last year.

They completely ignore his history because he's employed by the Falcons. "Oh he must be the right hire because he was hired."

So unless our defense begins to perfom amazingly I will continue to bash Baron Von Moostache all year.

I have the feeling I won't be alone...

No that covers it for now. He has to prove to me he's a good coach.

I'm going to focus on him rather than the "brain trust" that though it was a good idea to bring him back.

I just love how people defend him like they did Petrino last year.

They completely ignore his history because he's employed by the Falcons. "Oh he must be the right hire because he was hired."

So unless our defense begins to perfom amazingly I will continue to bash Baron Von Moostache all year.

I have the feeling I won't be alone...

Well, it is certainly your perogative, it is just becoming rather monotonous. I just hope you aren't rooting for him to fail and/or bail just so you can say "I told you so".

Well, it is certainly your perogative, it is just becoming rather monotonous. I just hope you aren't rooting for him to fail and/or bail just so you can say "I told you so".

I want the best for the Falcons.

I didn't like Petrino from the moment we hired him. He never did anything to make me change my mind. He just kept re-inforcing it.

So far I really don't like the DC hiring. Unlike most of the people here I am not assuming he will be a good DC because of what he did in college. JUST LIKE I DIDN'T CARE WHAT PETRINO DID IN COLLEGE.

The way people are defending Ban Von Moostache reminds me of the way people would defend Petirno.

And you might as well get use to my feelings toward the DC. I was this way with Pretendo for most of last season.

formul8or (1/25/2008)
My problem is we've always had unappealing coaches to me in these past couple of years. Each year I get hyped up about the coaches, mostly because I become convinced by the posters on here. Well I've decided to not do that this year because I'll just be more severely disappointed.

I thought we had a great staff last year and just needed a different head coach. These choices for OC and DC give me so much doubt about next season and the choices the higher ups are making.

I am glad the Pestinko debacle has taught you and hopefully some other fans that hiring questionable coaches is risky no matter what the hype around them will tell you.