Ex-Hawaii Player claims UGA got lucky..

SacFalcFan

SUGAR BOWL - GEORGIA CAME TO PLAY, UH WARRIORS DID NOT

As a former player, I'm tired of hearing fans and the media say that we were overmatched by bigger, faster, stronger players.

Georgia players are no different than us; the problem was they came to play and we didn't.

Georgia was dominant, not only because they were good athletes, but because their scheme put them in the best position to win.

If Hawai'i (offense) had done the same and utilized/adjusted their scheme to put themselves in the best position, we would not be in the mess we are in now. Believe me, our budget and facilities have nothing to do with what goes on on the field. It's up to the players, and I know for a fact they are looking forward to Florida.

Georgia got lucky, and I say that from a player's point of view. We gave up big plays, which at the end killed us.

But it's over; let's all talk about how we are going to support the program. Let's sell out every game from here on out.

Lene Amosa

Honolulu

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/...i801220304.html

My adjustments to make the statement more accurate...

SUGAR BOWL - GEORGIA CAME TO PLAY, UH WARRIORS DID TOO

As a former player, I'm tired of hearing fans and the media say that we were overmatched by bigger, faster, stronger players. It's not our fault that there is that non-BCS conference rule that allowed us to play in the Sugar Bowl against a good team.

Georgia players are no different than us...we are both American teams; the problem was they came to play and we didn't know how to.

Georgia was dominant, not only because they were good athletes, but because their scheme put them in the best position to win against our weaker run-n-shoot one.

If Hawai'i (offense) had done the same and utilized/adjusted their scheme to put themselves in the best position, we would not be in the mess we are in now because if our scheme was better and we utilized it to perfection we would have won the game. Believe me, our budget and facilities have nothing to do with what goes on on the field but being close to Maui sure does. It's up to the players, and I know for a fact they are looking forward to Florida because we actually get to women that don't sumo wrestle and aren't tourists.

Georgia got lucky when they got drawn to play us because it was an easy win that came with a nice trophy, and I say that from a player's point of view. We gave up big plays and small plays, which at the end killed.

But it's over...thank God!; let's all talk about how we are going to support the program. Let's sell out every game from here on out.

Lene Amosa

Honolulu

I dont know about that but look at the bright side....you get to live in Hawaii. You guys keep your heads up cause you had a great season besides if I was fortunate enough to live there, I am not even sure I would care how my football team was playing thats for sure.

SacFalcFan (1/25/2008)
SUGAR BOWL - GEORGIA CAME TO PLAY, UH WARRIORS DID NOT

As a former player, I'm tired of hearing fans and the media say that we were overmatched by bigger, faster, stronger players.

Georgia players are no different than us; the problem was they came to play and we didn't.

Georgia was dominant, not only because they were good athletes, but because their scheme put them in the best position to win.

If Hawai'i (offense) had done the same and utilized/adjusted their scheme to put themselves in the best position, we would not be in the mess we are in now. Believe me, our budget and facilities have nothing to do with what goes on on the field. It's up to the players, and I know for a fact they are looking forward to Florida.

Georgia got lucky, and I say that from a player's point of view. We gave up big plays, which at the end killed us.

But it's over; let's all talk about how we are going to support the program. Let's sell out every game from here on out.

Lene Amosa

Honolulu

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/...i801220304.html

thats too funny. Been brain damaged much. playing without a helmet? :P

From a guy on the Hawaii Scout board

"As a former player, I'm tired of hearing fans and the media say that we were overmatched by bigger, faster, stronger players."

"Georgia players are no different than us."

"Georgia got lucky, and I say that from a player's point of view."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this guy can't be serious. i wonder if he actually watched the game.

on average, the georgia players were 4 inches taller and 40 pounds of muscle heavier than us, and all ran twice as fast as us. sure gameplanning had to do with it too, but even if we had a perfect gameplan, we would have still gotten crushed.

when one georgia dlineman can knock TWO hawaii olinemen on their as ses on EVERY SINGLE PLAY, then no amount of planning will produce a victory.

SacFalcFan (1/25/2008)
capologist (1/25/2008)
There was no part of that game that was luck. Hawaii got trounced end of story...

something we can agree on.. I hope uf destroys them as well..

Last I checked UF is already 1-0.

Hawai'i is going to get totally embarrassed.

Again.