Real Sports on USC and Reggie Bush. You should read the Tarnished Heisman..

SacFalcFan

They have audio of reggie's dad discussing what was given reggie and that reggie would pay it back. I wonder how long the NCAA will investigate this and what the end result wiill be. The information brought out pointed to Reggie Bush being paid his Sophomore year. Great info in this piece for everyone.. You need to watch real sports to see this special.

I watched that...very interesting. The agent has recorded audio of Reggie's father telling the agent that he(the agent) will get his money back for the house and cars.

Reggie may seem clean with his mild attitude and chiseled jaw...but underneath may lay a liar. Very, very interesting.

Demetrius Dew (1/25/2008)
Which time Ohio State Cheat because they our always cheating are you talking about?

And yes they will sweep this under the carpet IMO, because Reggie Bush was a household name when he played at USC.

Oh the time that maurice clarett and another 5 players admitted to being given gifts and being paid for work they didn't do.. yep that time.. the time that on real sports with bryan gumbel they showed (with even facts in the report) that ohio state coaches were bringing over guys to play on the basketball team who all all had the same uncle and the coaches set up the players to receive gifts and have their school work done. Yep those times.

Oh the time that maurice clarett and another 5 players admitted to being given gifts and being paid for work they didn't do.. yep that time.. the time that on real sports with bryan gumbel they showed (with even facts in the report) that ohio state coaches were bringing over guys to play on the basketball team who all all had the same uncle and the coaches set up the players to receive gifts and have their school work done. Yep those times.

OK I with you, **** I just watched it (Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel) I thought it was only the house I didn't know it was this deep. I still don't think anything will ever come of it.

Demetrius Dew (1/27/2008)

OK I with you, **** I just watched it (Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel) I thought it was only the house I didn't know it was this deep. I still don't think anything will ever come of it.

Why do you think nothing will come of this? I think it's pretty bad that this guy has no only audio of reggie's stepdad, but also reggie talking about the money and the gifts. If nothing comes from this then the NCAA better not go after any school in the future for cheating. What has happened is pretty blatantly. Also why would reggie bush pay off smith for over 200 grand if there was nothing to it and he was innocent.

Why do you think nothing will come of this? I think it's pretty bad that this guy has no only audio of reggie's stepdad, but also reggie talking about the money and the gifts. If nothing comes from this then the NCAA better not go after any school in the future for cheating. What has happened is pretty blatantly. Also why would reggie bush pay off smith for over 200 grand if there was nothing to it and he was innocent.

I believe he is guilty, that piece that HBO did is more than enough evidence to prove that.

I don't think anything will come of it because there is no real way to punish Reggie Bush other than take away USC National Championship which Reggie Bush did not win all by himself. The Heisman Memorial is not apart of the NCAA so can they take that from him? By placing USC on suspension and limiting their scholarship they can award is punishment for the school for not being aware of what was going on, that would not affect Reggie Bush.

Demetrius Dew (1/27/2008)

I believe he is guilty, that piece that HBO did is more than enough evidence to prove that.

I don't think anything will come of it because there is no real way to punish Reggie Bush other than take away USC National Championship which Reggie Bush did not win all by himself. The Heisman Memorial is not apart of the NCAA so can they take that from him? By placing USC on suspension and limiting their scholarship they can award is punishment for the school for not being aware of what was going on, that would not affect Reggie Bush.

Oh I completely agree regarding the school. I don't think USC is touched other than to remove their USC national championship which they should lose since reggie was a huge part of that and he was not eligible. Regarding his heisman yes he would lose that since he wouldn't have been eligible to receive that if the NCAA found him to have violated his elgibility. In order to further punish the school they would have had to prove that USC knew in some way reggie was violating the rules.

USC is untouchable in this case. There would have to be indisputable proof that they knew he was taking money, and they are not about to use the "failure to monitor" sanctions that they imposed on OU. After the Clarrett scandal, I'm not even sure the NCAA would do anything to USC if they had video tapes of Carrol handing cash to players.

As far as the Heisman, the Down Town Athletic Club has already set a precedent when they didn't take Charles Woodson's Heisman for receiving gifts from an agent while still in school.

This whole case is barely even getting mentioned by the media so this will be easily swept under the rug. Face it, the NCAA is a business, and a healthy USC is good for business.

SacFalcFan (1/27/2008)

I agree with you. There have been other schools put on probation for much less so if the NCAA does sweep this under the rug they better not go after any other schools in the near future ....period.