Harrington has the edge for the starting position.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Falcon Ace (1/26/2008)
And I never lost a game as a Falcons QB. Spin those numbers you idiot.

Redman threw for more TDs and less INTs than Joey did in half the starts.

I cannot believe you just tried to throw the Rams and Titans game onto Redman and Byron. The single most idiotic and delusional thing I have seen in a while.

You are VERY insulting for someone who decries acting in an unChristian manner in your sig, and it's not the first time.

monson007 (1/25/2008)
Joey might be back in the starters position since he knows the Malarkey offense. It is tough for quarterbacks to have to keep switching systems. Actually the last time the Patriots lost it was Joey Harrington as the opposing quarterback and Malarkey calling the plays.

Malarkey was busted to tight ends coach this last season and Cameron called the plays. He was known for trick plays that he designed for Pittsburgh where he got the nickname of "Inspector Gadget". Hopefully if the Falcons follow my advice and rebuild the offensive line by drafting Jake Long and signing Alan Faneca then the offense can improve.

Thanks for teh laugh. Ha ha.... :sick:

monson007 (1/26/2008)
monson007 (1/25/2008)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joey might be back in the starters position since he knows the Malarkey offense. It is tough for quarterbacks to have to keep switching systems. Actually the last time the Patriots lost it was Joey Harrington as the opposing quarterback and Malarkey calling the plays.

Malarkey was busted to tight ends coach this last season and Cameron called the plays. He was known for trick plays that he designed for Pittsburgh where he got the nickname of "Inspector Gadget". Hopefully if the Falcons follow my advice and rebuild the offensive line by drafting Jake Long and signing Alan Faneca then the offense can improve.

I thought you said Brennan was going to be our starter?

If the Falcons draft him, I believe Colt would be the starter in a couple of years. If the Falcons got rid of Joey before next year, then Colt would be the starter if he is drafted by the Falcons. The Falcons are not smart about drafting. They might take all your advice and draft that Flacco guy who Scott Wright says consistantly stares at the receiver he is going too.

People on this board make such a big deal about arm strength but look at the great quarterbacks:

1. Joe Montana (3rd round pick with a weak arm) Hall of Famer

2. Steve Young (USFL refugee who had a weak arm) Hall of Famer

3. Fran Tarkenton (3rd round pick for the Vikings with a weak arm) Hall of Famer

4. Bob Griese (1st round pick for the Dolphins, but had a weak arm) Hall of Famer

5. Tom Brady (Sixth round pick with a very weak arm) Future Hall of Famer.

Not a bad group of weak armed quarterbacks who outplayed their strong armed quarterbacks that no one remembers.

But not to digress, Harrington will have the upper hand next year.

None of those guys on that list was ever said to have a "weak arm" , they threw a lot of timing patterns which does not require a strong arm but a somewhat quick release. You are just making stuff up with the names in that list. A weak arm cannot throw deep, everyone of those guys can and did a lot. Try somethingelse to make your girlfriend look better. Just because Joey knows the system does not mean he will be the QB. Kurt Kitner knew Dan Reeves system and where did that get him? Knowing the system don't mean jack if you can't perform.

Hard Knock (1/25/2008)
Smity has ties with Redman and Harrington will cost us around 3 million to keep him.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Redman would sign for much less and has proved he can play. With that said just say no to Joey.

Harrington will actually cost us $2.1 million to keep this year--but will cost $1.35 million to cut. Since it will only cost us a net of $750,000 to keep him as a back up, I would have to let the cap make this decision. For that price, I suggest we keep him as a back up and hope that he will not have to see the field.

For me, Leftwich would have to go. He will cost us nothing to cut, but will earn $2,350,000 to keep. Someone mentioned in an earlier thread that he will get a roster bonus of $1.5 million also.

If we get a FA QB and draft a QB, I would say goodbye to both of them.

If anyone has corrections to these figures, please chime in.

This is the first time I have ever heard anyone say Tarkenton had a weak arm. Played 18 years, 47,003 career yards? Weak arm?

2008 has got to be better than 2007.

You probably were not alive when Tarkenton was playing. Just read his biography. He had a weak arm and was too short (only 5'10") and weighed only around 185-190, yet he was a Hall of Famer and held all the passing records back in his day and up until Marino came along. Steve Young mentioned all of these quarterbacks that had weak arms including himself. He was making the point how ridiculous all the scouts were that raved on about arm strength and they draft these quarterbacks solely on that and they do nothing in the NFL. Young then mentioned Druckenmiller as an example of who the 49ers drafted and the guy was a complete bust.

monson007 (1/26/2008)
Harrington is just fine when he has pass protection. I could give a crap what ESPN thinks. If you are concerned about them, then just become a Patriot fan.

And so is any other QB on any level of football so how does that make Joey the starter? If there was pass protection I would take Lefty oveer Joey any day, and Redman, Shockley, Vick, i would even take Doug Johnson, at least he would throw it downfield when required by the play call.

monson007 (1/26/2008)
Harrington is just fine when he has pass protection. I could give a crap what ESPN thinks. If you are concerned about them, then just become a Patriot fan.

What are you smoking? Harrington was horrible w/ protection. No way Harrington is the starter again.

birdonawire (1/26/2008)
monson007 (1/26/2008)
monson007 (1/25/2008)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought you said Brennan was going to be our starter?

If the Falcons draft him, I believe Colt would be the starter in a couple of years. If the Falcons got rid of Joey before next year, then Colt would be the starter if he is drafted by the Falcons. The Falcons are not smart about drafting. They might take all your advice and draft that Flacco guy who Scott Wright says consistantly stares at the receiver he is going too.

People on this board make such a big deal about arm strength but look at the great quarterbacks:

1. Joe Montana (3rd round pick with a weak arm) Hall of Famer

2. Steve Young (USFL refugee who had a weak arm) Hall of Famer

3. Fran Tarkenton (3rd round pick for the Vikings with a weak arm) Hall of Famer

4. Bob Griese (1st round pick for the Dolphins, but had a weak arm) Hall of Famer

5. Tom Brady (Sixth round pick with a very weak arm) Future Hall of Famer.

Not a bad group of weak armed quarterbacks who outplayed their strong armed quarterbacks that no one remembers.

But not to digress, Harrington will have the upper hand next year.

None of those guys on that list was ever said to have a "weak arm" , they threw a lot of timing patterns which does not require a strong arm but a somewhat quick release. You are just making stuff up with the names in that list. A weak arm cannot throw deep, everyone of those guys can and did a lot. Try somethingelse to make your girlfriend look better. Just because Joey knows the system does not mean he will be the QB. Kurt Kitner knew Dan Reeves system and where did that get him? Knowing the system don't mean jack if you can't perform.

Agree. Brady has a weak arm??? they have weak arms, BUT they can still throw it 50yrds Deep.

Yeah, I don't remember who said this in here, but how does Tom Brady have a "weak arm"? Was there a point where Tom Brady was considered to be a "weak armed" QB? Honestly. I do NOT remember that. :unsure:

Btw Vicious, don't be surprised if Slowey is still on the roster next year. Hopefully, he'll just be holding a clipboard, but I'd want you to stick around either way, for the record. :)

Any QB can be a great QB with great pass protection. It didn't stop Redman from throwing more TDs and less INTs than Joey in less than half the games Joey was in.

As for Tom Brady having a weak arm, that bomb to Randy Moss for the record breaking 50th TD didn't seem like something Joey Harrington would ever attempt to throw. Even when he has come close to throwing deep the balls are always 5+ yards off target.

monson007 (1/25/2008)

Falcon god in heaven, please no more Joey----he is a wounded duck----please

brendyne (1/25/2008)
greyhawk (1/25/2008)
Just one question. How long was Harrington's longest pass this year?

I think it was his Hail Mary which went 33 yards or something, which was nowhere near as long as it needed to be.

HILARIOUS TO WATCH!

That hail mary had us laughing our butts off in the falcfans.com chat room that night. He threw the ball from the 50 yard line and it landed just inside the 20 yard line. It was so pathetic, that it was funny.