Sirius Radio talk on Jimmy Williams

rexfalcon

Afternoon host and NBC Football Analyst Solomon Wilcox interviewed Mike Smith and talked about his strengh of turning ordianry draft picks into players. Solomon stated that Jimmy Williams would be a perfect cornerback in Smith's Tampa 2 Zone. He labled Jimmy as a "squat" corner. Solmon talked about how Jimmy could sit there in his zone and crush wide receivers.

rexfalcon (1/24/2008)
Afternoon host and NBC Football Analyst Solomon Wilcox interviewed Mike Smith and talked about his strengh of turning ordianry draft picks into players. Solomon stated that Jimmy Williams would be a perfect cornerback in Smith's Tampa 2 Zone. He labled Jimmy as a "squat" corner. Solmon talked about how Jimmy could sit there in his zone and crush wide receivers.
YA! I like Jimmy he is def. a hard hitter and has not been given a fair shot on this team just like Noooooorwood.

rexfalcon (1/24/2008)

Cornerback??? does he mean FS or no

quote]YA! I like Jimmy he is def. a hard hitter and has not been given a fair shot on this team just like Noooooorwood.

That exactly right. What was amazing to me this past season is Petrino and the coaches stating that Norwood was a playmaker on offense, yet they rarely get him involved in the game.

When you look at the Cowboys success this year from the last, Garret game planned around his playmakers. T.O. got a lot of balls thrown his way - he was happy and productive. Marion Barber was used more often than prior seasons. Looking at the prior season with Parcells, T.O. wasn't a primary receiver, and Julius Jones toted the ball as often as Marion Barber.

atljbo (1/25/2008)
if we move into a cover 2...its no need for d-hall....then we would need to get two playmaker safetys like Kenny Phillips or CBs who could switch to safety like.... 6'0 207lbs Charles Godfrey or 6'2 Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

If we were to switch to the cover 2, and excellent guy to draft would be Chevis Jackson, CB, LSU. He doesn't have blazing speed, but he would excel in the cover 2. He wouldn't have to be taken in the 1st round either.

atljbo (1/25/2008)
in cover 2.... your safetys are the most important DBs.... Lawyer Milloy does not fit a cover 2 either...also chris houston and d-hall are not good in zones...this will be interesting to see what happens

Thats what I was thinking, Hall and Houston should be left alone in man coverage, and we need to upgrade our safety position.

Legion (1/25/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/25/2008)
how does it make d.hall useless? he is a man on man corner, and in the cover 2. the safety has to cover the deep ball while the CBs play one on one.

can some one explain to me?

His breaking ability makes him extremely valuable in the cover two.

wait so D.Hall is useful in cover 2?? or not? from what your saying he is useful, but from others he is useless.

sarlaac food (1/25/2008)
there seems to be some confusion between the term "cover two" and "tampa two"

yea i did....Cover 2 D is when you have your two safetys playing DEEP...your corners still play man to man...well its dofferent types of cover 2...tampa 2 isa version of the cover 2 but the version of cover two that the jags played was more CBs playing man to man and your safety's playing the deepball.....so yea..i can see jimmy williams as a deep playing safety but chris crocker and lawyer milloy does not fir a cover 2 D.....I really can see us tradeing down in the draft....then us takeing 6 2 210lbs Kenny Phillips

Kenny%20Phillips.jpg

atljbo (1/25/2008)
sarlaac food (1/25/2008)

yea i did....Cover 2 D is when you have your two safetys playing DEEP...your corners still play man to man...well its dofferent types of cover 2...tampa 2 isa version of the cover 2 but the version of cover two that the jags played was more CBs playing man to man and your safety's playing the deepball.....so yea..i can see jimmy williams as a deep playing safety but chris crocker and lawyer milloy does not fir a cover 2 D.....I really can see us tradeing down in the draft....then us takeing 6 2 210lbs Kenny Phillips

Kenny%20Phillips.jpg

or sammy knight SS from the jags.

atljbo (1/25/2008)
sarlaac food (1/25/2008)

i wouldnt mind the falcons trading down for phillips one bit.

neko (1/25/2008)
atljbo (1/25/2008)
sarlaac food (1/25/2008)

i wouldnt mind the falcons trading down for phillips one bit.

In cover two this would mean

expected starters

LE Anderson

DT Lewis

DT Babineaux

RE Abraham

OLB Boley

MLB Brooking

OLB Williams/Nicholas

CB Hall

CB Houston

FS J. Williams

SS Milloy

This would work fine. Throw in Phillips, where is the P-rush to help in his development? Abe is not as monstrous as we pretend and he has NO help in that department. This team needs an overhaul, not a rookie safety. We need linemen.