King Arthur still calling the shots

audit2

The Falcons hired a bunch of yes men. I'm all for giving these guys a chance but it obvious that these guys are hand picked so King Arthur and Prince Mckay can still call the shots. There is no way that Arthur would turn a franchise over to unproven guys that are getting their first shot at running a team. Arthur stated before that he's looking for a coach, not a king.

Lay off of Blank. The off-season moves made this year so far have been great. Dimitroff is a football guy through and through and well respected in this league. The Falcons spent a great deal of time and made great attempts to hire proven people. Cowher wasn't interested in coaching this year, Parcells used Blank to get the power he wanted in Miami, then the Falcons spent a great deal of time and interviewed the best in the business.

Dimitroff was the best choice. You will see that as he and Smith work together to build the kind of team that will dominate in the near future. Smith was an excellent hire also. A football guy with integrity and an impressive record.

Every owner calls the shots. If you invested the kind of money Blank has invested in this team, would you do the same? Blank is no different than any other owner in the league in that respect.

I see this being a thoughtful process based on good football and organizational decisions, not on being politically correct or trendy. I love it. Blank has really matured as an owner.

Rottie, I agree with you on this one. I think this year we will see a competitive team and hopefully a winning season. The thing about this team and the history is the coach who took over this season has the potential to come out of this as the greatest coach we have ever had:

Couple of first to be had:

First coach with back-to-back winning seasons

First coach to win the Super Bowl

I think we got our coach that will be here till he is ready to walk away from football...as long as Arthur is willing to keep him through the tough times.

audit2 (1/24/2008)
The Falcons hired a bunch of yes men. I'm all for giving these guys a chance but it obvious that these guys are hand picked so King Arthur and Prince Mckay can still call the shots. There is no way that Arthur would turn a franchise over to unproven guys that are getting their first shot at running a team. Arthur stated before that he's looking for a coach, not a king.

I agree. Looking back at the GM press conference, it was clear to see Blank & Mckay treated Dimitroff like a puppet on a string. Blank owns the team, he can do what he wants. But his words ring hollow, he said he would do whatever it takes to make the Falcons a winner, but he wouldn't give Schottenheimer full control. The only proven coach out there that has turned three franchises around! Instead, we get another experiment.

audit2 (1/24/2008)

Yeah! Like AB running things has worked so well in the past, that he wouldn't give someone else a shot?! Get real!!!

AB is finally seeing things as they are. He's the money man and that's all he should be.

I think he see's that now and is willing to step back and let football minds make football decisions...;)

Absolute (1/24/2008)
What exactly is a yes man when it comes to football coaching? Someone who follows the OWNERS orders when they say go out and make us a winning football team? PLease explain because I keep seeing this phrase thrown around.

Simple! If you haven't noticed, AB and RM have become best of friends and that's what you do with best of friends. You don't fire them, you just relocate them to some other position in the organization. Plus, he is well respected in the football community and is a great asset to this team, still...;)

conspiracy theorist.

let it go. the guys are picking thier own guys because blank has realized that he just can't get it right.

of coarse he is going to approve the decision, he is after all writing the checks.

he is going to let the franchise go in a different direction...a winning one.

I like the moves so far.

mike smith has kept guys who are going to keep spirits up after last year.

If things didn't go down like they did last year, it may have been a different coarse of action.

BirdyDird (1/25/2008)

Simple! If you haven't noticed, AB and RM have become best of friends and that's what you do with best of friends. You don't fire them, you just relocate them to some other position in the organization. Plus, he is well respected in the football community and is a great asset to this team, still...;)

I have best friends as well and I would do the same but that doesn't explain the YES MAN comment. What is a YES MAN?

Absolute (1/25/2008)
BirdyDird (1/25/2008)

I have best friends as well and I would do the same but that doesn't explain the YES MAN comment. What is a YES MAN?

A yes Man is someone put in a certain position, such as General Manager, that says and does only what the person that hired him want him to say, so it looks like everyone is on the same page as the person making the decisions, Arthur Blank...

audit2 (1/24/2008)

Is King Arthur wielding the sword of Excalibur then I say he can call the shots. I think it is more of a mutual understanding that Mr. Blanks wants to know what decision is being made an not be left in the dark. TD makes the call.

halsey (1/24/2008)
You guys than whine about Mckay aren't even smart enough to think about a simple question: Why would Blank remove Mckay from GM duties if he was still going to make final personel decisions. Go ahead, try to answer that.

not saying i believe that is the case, but a lot of things like that are usually smoke screens. it's no secret McKay was horribly blundering. think about it this way, if McKay couldn't do his job, why would Blank even keep him around at all? Blank is still acting on emotion rather than thought. Fans were calling for McKay's head, but he is Blank's buddy, so Blank is going to pay him a truckload of money to hang around and still call the shots via Dimitroff. This way, the fans feel satisfied, but Blank still gets to keep his buddy around. If this team is still stagnant after a couple of years and drafts are still average to poor, you will know this for certain.

I HOPE I am wrong, but things are more and more looking like Dimitroff might be some sort of puppet. We will see...like i said im not saying im sure this is the case, i just hope that it isn't, and the way things are set up, it seems like it could be the situation.

Sasuke (1/25/2008)
audit2 (1/24/2008)

Is King Arthur wielding the sword of Excalibur then I say he can call the shots. I think it is more of a mutual understanding that Mr. Blanks wants to know what decision is being made an not be left in the dark. TD makes the call.

:cool: That would be a great start.

audit2 (1/24/2008)

Well when you save up some money and buy your own NFL franchise then you can hire some no men but until that time arrives I believe Mr. Blank can run his team any way he chooses.