Rich McKay's Four Years vs Dan Reeves' Four Years

birdfann

As we know Dan Reeves was ridiculed on this board and in the Falcon fan community about his drafts. How do his four best draft years here as GM stack up against Rich McKays?

Dan Reeves 4 Best Falcon Years As GM In The Draft

Michael Vick

Alge Crumpler

Keith Brooking

Patrick Kerney

*Chris Chandler

*Peerless Price

Tim Dwight

O.J. Santiago

Todd McClure

Keenan Forney

Ephraim Salaam

T.J. Duckett

Mark Simoneau

Henri Crockett

Rich McKay's 4 Best Falcon Years As GM In The Draft

DeAngelo Hall

*John Abraham

Michael Boley

Jerious Norwood

Roddy White

Demorrio Williams

Matt Schaub

*Michael Jenkins

Johnathan Babineaux

Chauncey Davis

Jimmy Williams

Jamaal Anderson

Chris Houston

Justin Blaylock

Stephen Nicholas

*moved picks to acquire player

birdfann (1/24/2008)
As we know Dan Reeves was ridiculed on this board and in the Falcon fan community about his drafts. How do his four best draft years here as GM stack up against Rich McKays?

Dan Reeves 4 Best Falcon Years As GM In The Draft

Michael Vick

Alge Crumpler

Keith Brooking

Patrick Kerney

*Chris Chandler

*Peerless Price

Tim Dwight

O.J. Santiago

Todd McClure

Keenan Forney

Ephraim Salaam

T.J. Duckett

Mark Simoneau

Henri Crockett

Rich McKay's 4 Best Falcon Years As GM In The Draft

DeAngelo Hall

*John Abraham

Michael Boley

Jerious Norwood

Roddy White

Demorrio Williams

Matt Schaub

*Michael Jenkins

Johnathan Babineaux

Chauncey Davis

Jimmy Williams

Jamaal Anderson

Chris Houston

Justin Blaylock

Stephen Nicholas

*moved picks to acquire player

Reeves always got ragged because he had a thing for drafting Tight ends. **** he got Crumpler but got some duds too. :(

I miss Coach Reeves. Of all the dumb things that ownership has done in the history of this team, that firing was perhaps the dumbest of them all. I've little doubt he'd have won that championship game in 2004.

Having said that, I have a glimmer of hope that TD has found a HC that might seem boring on the surface, like a Fox or Holmgren, but who knows that the basics are what wins football games over that circus act Mora and Blank brought to this city...

thanat0s (1/24/2008)
I miss Coach Reeves. Of all the dumb things that ownership has done in the history of this team, that firing was perhaps the dumbest of them all. I've little doubt he'd have won that championship game in 2004.

Having said that, I have a glimmer of hope that TD has found a HC that might seem boring on the surface, like a Fox or Holmgren, but who knows that the basics are what wins football games over that circus act Mora and Blank brought to this city...

i wish the new coach well but dont expect anything, before blank fires him in a few years

How come? Was it the 7-9 - 4-12 - 5-11 - 3-10 records he had with the Falcons before hand? -- if it wasn't for 1998 Reeves would have been a coach with one of the lowest win/loss percentages of all our previous coaches -- with 1998 included he still managed a dismal .450 win percentage :crazy: