DHALL

So do you think Mike Smith was a good enough hire for him?? I know he said he might hold out if the falcons didnt show that they were heading in the right direction. I hope hope D Hall stays. I like him and hes a great young talent. I didnt really mind his comments because he just wants to win and who would want to be on a team who didnt seem dedicated to winning.

monoxide (1/24/2008)
Smith was virtually best friends with alot of his players (Peterson, Spicer, Stroud), and is "very" easy to get along with. All Hall wants is a good coach, and he sadly hasn't gotten that since Virginia Tech (Mora and Petrino were not good coaches FYI).

He like Mora thought, but i think Smitty is the right guy for the job, and i think he will improve our D, which is important for winning championships.

Smith said in his interview that he is planning on meeting with all of the players so

we will find out soon. He has also stated he wants players with very high character

I want Hall to stay he will have to buy into Smiths philosophies. I think the right amount of money will make it happen.

hall doesnt run this team and we shouldnt hire a coach that hall likes just to keep him here. a player gets paid to play and thats all hall should be doing. hall wants mike vick treatment and no player in the nfl should have a say in who gets hired or fired. i dont think hall is as great as he thinks he is however he is a top db and i would hate to see go.

I'm the Answer (1/25/2008)
you guys preach about wanting to be like the pats, yet yall wanna throw 80 MILLION at a corner, who is top 15?:w00t:

i like dhall i really do, but let's remember what happened to our boy lawyer milloy when he wanted extra money.

What's that go to do with anything? Milloy was at the end of his prime when that happened and Hall hasn't even come close to reaching his prime. Hall has a ton of upside... Milloy didn't. Besides, CBs get payed so much more than safeties, because they are typically much more valuable as it is regarded as the hardest position to play on defense. It's not as big of a deal to let an aging SS walk, but it's a little harder to let a young CB go. The same Pats you're talking about did pony up and pay Samuels a ton this year.

The same Pats you're talking about did pony up and pay Samuels a ton this year.

What are you talking about? He did get a ton this year he was franchise tagged. Problem is, he only got paid big for THIS year and is an UFA this year and cannot be tagged again.

The Pats pay at times but they want guys who want to win more than they want money.

Somehow they get these diamonds in the rough, polish them, get them to perform at an incredible level and once they get great and have won some championships, they jettison them when they ask for big bucks only to restart the cycle again.

A level of success I hope TD has brought with him.

That being said, it could spell disaster for Dhall. We'll have to see how it plays out.

I could take him or leave him. Smitty said in an interview on 790 today that the most important thing is to build up the lines first. Make it a top priority to stop the run and the rest will come. I think if he had to choose between a top DL and a top DB he would take the lineman every day. Not to say I wouldn't like to keep D-Hall, but not if we have to pay him so much that other positions will suffer as a result.