did you just hear what Trent Dilfer said about 6'6 230lbs Joe Flacco

atljbo

he was just saying how Flacco is going to be a special QB in the nfl....he raved about his pocket awareness and his unbelievable arm.... I feel if you can find an franchise QB in the second round.....thats a huge steal.....Flacco is worth the second round gamble

o808t19w.jpg

Is Flacco rated as a second rounder?

I thought I saw third, which would make it an even bigger steal.

With the Senior Bowl coming up and then the Combine, if he is the real deal, I guess he will steadily march his tail up the draft boards.

And I will reiterate.

The main reason why I like Flacco is because it looks like Falcon.:P

One correction here , Flacco is 6-6.2 , 232 not 6-6 , 230 Just wanted to clear that up.

Any of you guys old enough to remember the { Rifleman } ? He was 6-6 as well , I think I just got Flacco a New Nick Name . If you ever see this guy throw the ball , you wan't forget it . I'd love to know how far he could throw it ?? I's bet he can throw it 80 yards at least . Bartkowski could throw it I think it wa like 90 yards wasn't it? I htink Flacco has a arm abou like Steves was .

Draftnut57 (1/24/2008)
One correction here , Flacco is 6-6.2 , 232 not 6-6 , 230 Just wanted to clear that up.

I really hope you are kidding about that correction.

What do you think of him, though?

I think I'm leaning towards him or Ainge, since I'm sure we'll pick a QB at some point in the first 3 rounds. I'm really hoping that we don't go for one in the first. I feel like we can improve our team much more by going with a DL or OL or even some other areas in the first, and with our first 2nd rounder, unless someone remarkable slips into the 2nd.

Flacco looks like a darkhorse candidate in the draft. I really would love it if we took a shot at this guy. I don't think picking a QB with the first pick is the smartest thing to do, especially with the lack of a franchise QB out there. And after hearing Smith talk in the PC, it sounds like he is more focused on establishing the run and designing the offense around that. So to me that says that he can get his QB later and address that horrible excuse of an O-line early in the draft. I like that philosophy...

rugger8 (1/24/2008)
Draftnut57 (1/24/2008)

I really hope you are kidding about that correction.

What do you think of him, though?

I think I'm leaning towards him or Ainge, since I'm sure we'll pick a QB at some point in the first 3 rounds. I'm really hoping that we don't go for one in the first. I feel like we can improve our team much more by going with a DL or OL or even some other areas in the first, and with our first 2nd rounder, unless someone remarkable slips into the 2nd.

I love his upside , more than any QB in the draft IMO. Yeah I was having a little fun but Flacco is aobut as tall as OAks new QB . I think he will be a steal in the 2nd rd .

To QB or not to QB... Playing in the all-star game format is always tough to evaluate QBs because they are working with unfamiliar receivers in an unfamiliar offense and seldom get enough reps to get into any kind of rhythm. And while this year's QBs were better than in some other recent years, overall scouts had to be a little disappointed with the group. That said, the QB with the most upside in Mobile apears to have been Joe Flacco of Delaware. Flacco, a one-time Pitt recruit, is a big guy with a very strong arm who can make all the throws, plus he has surprising mobility for a 6-5, 230-plus pounder. Michigan's Chad Henne also probably enhanced his draft status this week. Scouts would prefer that he were a little taller, however, Henne threw the ball with authority and showed good poise and leadership on the field.

On the other hand, both Andre Woodson of Kentucky and Hawaii gunslinger Colt Brennan had to leave NFL execs scratching their heads just a bit. Woodson, for example, still has the nice easy delivery, but doesn t put much mustard on his throws with the result, in part, that few of his passes hit the receiver in stride; too often the target has to slow, stop, or otherwise reach behind him to pull the ball in. For his part, Brennan still had that odd throwing motion that came from his hip and caused too many of his passes to sail high or wide. Meanwhile, both Erik Ainge of Tennessee and USC's Jon David Booty threw the ball well enoug especially in the short and medium ranges, but still look to lack prototype arm strength.

Top 10 players in Mobile

1. Southern Cal DT Sedrick Ellis

2. California WR Lavelle Hawkins

3. Tennessee State DB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

<>4. Maryland DT Dre Moore

5. Indiana CB Tracy Porter

6. Florida WR Andre Caldwell

7. Troy CB Leodis McKelvin

8. Arizona State C Mike Pollak

9. Virginia Tech OLB Xavier Adinbi

10. Southern Cal OG Drew Radovich

Funny I had the two top DTs at Mobile in my first Mock . I like it! Problem is he will not last to the 3rd rd .

Dedsquirrl (1/24/2008)
Is Flacco rated as a second rounder?

I thought I saw third, which would make it an even bigger steal.

With the Senior Bowl coming up and then the Combine, if he is the real deal, I guess he will steadily march his tail up the draft boards.

And I will reiterate.

The main reason why I like Flacco is because it looks like Falcon.:P

Dude, I just watched your sig for about three minutes. Nice!!!!

atljbo (1/24/2008)
he was just saying how Flacco is going to be a special QB in the nfl....he raved about his pocket awareness and his unbelievable arm.... I feel if you can find an franchise QB in the second round.....thats a huge steal.....Flacco is worth the second round gamble

o808t19w.jpg

Its this type of hype that will make him a #1 prospect pretty soon. Watch.

g-dawg (1/24/2008)
Flacco WILL be the best QB in this draft 3 years from now...

I don't like his numbers and situation with Pitt but I do like his upside.

You can't deny on film the guy has the ability to zip the ball effortlessly down the field and can stand tall in the pocket. I just think he's a bigger project than most people are admitting. He definitely has some mechanical flaws.

Josh Johnson although more of a runner, may be more technically sound. Funny thing is that they both have the most upside on paper in the draft. The two D-1AA prospects. Flacco the most upside for the pocket passer, and JJ with the chance to be the ultimate dual threat QB in the league.