"First must win upfront"

mmixon14

So which line do you think we address first? I say defensive tackle being that he's a defensive guy, wants to first and for most stop the run.

then he believes you should be able to run the ball to open up things. Therefore, I see OL and running back.

I think QB is the least priority right now being that he has a guy here who he is familiar with ... actually 2 in Redman and Leftwich.

I don't see us drafting a QB until 09 unless he chooses to address the OL in free agency.

Thoughts?

Dr John Zoidberg (1/24/2008)
And then he says he wants Van Groder as the DC.....

That kind of erased anything positive I heard from him...

Don't sleep on Van Gorder ... although he's a drifter, he's a **** of a defensive coordinator. Being that he couldn't get that position in the NFL, it may have been the reason he left. He seems like a guy who is looking for more responsibility.

I think he's good now for at least a couple of years being that he's a coordinator. I think he ultimately is looking for a head coaching spot.

Michael Mixon (1/24/2008)
So which line do you think we address first? I say defensive tackle being that he's a defensive guy, wants to first and for most stop the run.

then he believes you should be able to run the ball to open up things. Therefore, I see OL and running back.

I think QB is the least priority right now being that he has a guy here who he is familiar with ... actually 2 in Redman and Leftwich.

I don't see us drafting a QB until 09 unless he chooses to address the OL in free agency.

Thoughts?

Err, trenches means....trenches, NOT running back. Running backs run through the holes created and they are a dime a dozen in the mid late rounds- especially this year which has been called by experts as the deepest in depth rb draft in history. We also have 3 good rbs now waiting for thje holes to open.

texasbirdfan (1/24/2008)

Thoughts?

Err, trenches means....trenches, NOT running back. Running backs run through the holes created and they are a dime a dozen in the mid late rounds- especially this year which has been called by experts as the deepest in depth rb draft in history. We also have 3 good rbs now waiting for thje holes to open.

Therefore, I see OL and running back.

Ok. I'm going to let this one slide and let you read again.

Don't sleep on Van Gorder ... although he's a drifter, he's a **** of a defensive coordinator. Being that he couldn't get that position in the NFL, it may have been the reason he left. He seems like a guy who is looking for more responsibility.

I think he's good now for at least a couple of years being that he's a coordinator. I think he ultimately is looking for a head coaching spot.

Well I can tell you that he SUCKS as a head coach. I couldn't tell you about his ability to be a DC because I don't really follow UGA.

He seems like a guy who quits when the going gets tough to me. After all he has a history of doing that.

Well, I'd love to see Glen Dorsey drop a few spots and be there when we pick. That's Reggie White incarnate, imo. I imagine we'll be getting bigger and badder on the DL one way or another for next year. The OL is much more of a process. I'd expect improvement on that to take a bit longer than along the DL...

Van Gorder was a a great DCON at UGA hated when he left for Georgia southern which was a ##### job anyway.:P I think Van Gorder will be great he loves to blitz and doesn't mind doing it. ;)