Man , I love our New GM and HC , I love thier philosophy , and it is identical , Plus exactly what I believe in.

Draftnut57

Three things that have been said over and over , and by them reinterating it so many times I think Blank and McKay have Finially got it ....................

1.It all starts with having great Talent on the team . And both are known for being great Talent evaluators . They both agree that getting the right players in the Draft and FA is the #1 most important thing in having a great team.

2.Smith said it strongly and Clearly ! It all starts up frount on D# , It must be strong(First ) , Oh how that was music to my ears. After wanting Tommie Harris, Louis Castillo , Amobi Okoye and Adam Carrriker , I can't imajine us passing on Ellis .

3.It is having high charicter players and Coachs as well, Plus I can see the smile on Smiths face , I think he really really loves being here , I didn't ever see BP crack a smile , I think he knew he made a mistake within the first few days of taking a HC job in the NFL . I think both of these guys , TD and MS are in it for the long hall and Love the challege that is hitting them in the Face right now as we speck . I think they are much more excited BC they have been a GM or a HC and are looking very forwad to the task and will work harder than former HCs . BC they want to prove themselves. I like that .

Bonous point , Mike Smith said he one part of the job he really enjoys is studing the players in the Draft and FAcy and evaluating players . Same can be said for TD , and this IMO is the biggest key to the whole deal .

But now I think one of the biggest moves to be made is getting the Right OC , we can have everythng else right and if we blow this hire we will be set bak another year or two , I hope they get that one right . I think these two guys are exactly who we needed .

my concearns are that Smith comes from a program that stunted the passing game. Some have called Jax passing as 20th Century technique in the 21st Century. Matt Jones was left undeveloped and most all the receivers were severley brow beated by Del Rio and staff and lived in fear- and guess what that enviroment produed? Underachievement.

The NFL has become a pass first league and the throw backs to the 3 yards and a cloud of dust will not get the job done. We need an OC who will be left alone.

If you love them so much why don't you marry them?! Just kidding, I'm just as excited about this new era in Falcons history that is just starting to take place. I also really, really liked that he said it all starts with the front four, Sedrick Ellis here we come! :)

falconfootball (1/24/2008)
Good post. I agree.

But you gotta admit... most of that you're just high on cause you're a draftnut. :P

Maybe , but like they even said and I believe is that it is all about the DRAFT and FAcy pick ups that is so critical. I couldn't agree more . Even when both Men were hired , Blank made it clear that this was one of the main reasons they wanted these two guys , I tell ya , I don't know who helped them figure that out , weather it was the guy Blank got to help him decide how to go about this process or if McKay reallized it . Who ever makes no matter , I would like to thank them thou. The main thing is they got the main thing right.

OH! One more thing I wanted to mention is that when Smith was ask about his philosophy , he said first off ,

1.You must be able to stop the run !

2.And you need to be able to run the ball!

I couldn't agree more . Btu he thinks the Trenchs is the first priority . Man I love the sound of that , This team has never had a OL or DL like it should have , never , we have been known for a great LBing core and special teams , that' good but I agree with them , It is the lines that shoudl get first atention.

Draftnut57 (1/24/2008)
Good post. I agree.

But you gotta admit... most of that you're just high on cause you're a draftnut. :P

Maybe , but like they even said and I believe is that it is all about the DRAFT and FAcy pick ups that is so critical. I couldn't agree more . Even when both Men were hired , Blank made it clear that this was one of the main reasons they wanted these two guys , I tell ya , I don't know who helped them figure that out , weather it was the guy Blank got to help him decide how to go about this process or if McKay reallized it . Who ever makes no matter , I would like to thank them thou. The main thing is they got the main thing right.

Ernie Arcorssi (sp?) I think? Yeah, I think it probably helped that Arthur was humble enough to realize he needed to get some advice on how to do this right. We still may be in for a few years of suckage, but at least for me, I'm WAAAAAAY more excited about this hire than I was Petrino. (even though I did try & support the snake once he came on board)

Dr J-Z - what is w/all the HATE for Van Gorder? I am not crazy about that move either, but I'm not ready to say we're doomed to "Same ole Falcons" yet, based solely on that hire. I just think they could have done better.

Draftnut57 (1/24/2008)
OH! One more thing I wanted to mention is that when Smith was ask about his philosophy , he said first off ,

1.You must be able to stop the run !

2.And you need to be able to run the ball!

I couldn't agree more . Btu he thinks the Trenchs is the first priority . Man I love the sound of that , This team has never had a OL or DL like it should have , never , we have been known for a great LBing core and special teams , that' good but I agree with them , It is the lines that shoudl get first atention.

#2. Trenches agreed. To run the ball in the NFL TODAY, you have to establish the passing game to keep the men out of the box or creeping up. If Smith gets that part right ok, they strugged with that in Jacksonville.

chipster10 (1/24/2008)
I agree, from everything that's been said, I definitely think that Smitty & TD will address the lines first and foremost! I can't wait to see what's coming! I'm PUMPED!

WE have only half of the New Coaches we need , at least they got those right , Now I think Smith will know exactly who to get and help him with the D. But my biggest concern now is getting the Right OC . This will be very important.

Draftnut57 (1/24/2008)
chipster10 (1/24/2008)
I agree, from everything that's been said, I definitely think that Smitty & TD will address the lines first and foremost! I can't wait to see what's coming! I'm PUMPED!

WE have only half of the New Coaches we need , at least they got those right , Now I think Smith will know exactly who to get and help him with the D. But my biggest concern now is getting the Right OC . This will be very important.

I just hope they get someone who's comparably a much better choice than they made for DC. I'm not hatin' on BVG, I just have huge reservations about him. He's going to have a lot to prove for me, and I think there were better choices that they could have gone after.

I guess I'm snakebit, cause there was a lot that Petrino "said" last year that I thought sounded really good. But as time wore on, the things he "did" were speaking so loudly that I completely forgot what he said.

Draftnut57 (1/24/2008)
chipster10 (1/24/2008)

Absolutely, no point in stopping the opponent if your offense can't turn opportunities it into points...

Draftnut57 (1/24/2008)
chipster10 (1/24/2008)

I just hope they get someone who's comparably a much better choice than they made for DC. I'm not hatin' on BVG, I just have huge reservations about him. He's going to have a lot to prove for me, and I think there were better choices that they could have gone after.

I guess I'm snakebit, cause there was a lot that Petrino "said" last year that I thought sounded really good. But as time wore on, the things he "did" were speaking so loudly that I completely forgot what he said.

WEll , Iwould be more concerned with the DC if MS was not a D# minded guy , I think if who he gets can't get it done , I think he will fix that immediatly. I'm not worried about that . But with MS not being a O minded Coach is what makes that hire so important.

Draftnut57 (1/24/2008)
chipster10 (1/24/2008)

I believe that Smith will surround himself with a good staff....lest we forget who BVG was reporting to and taking direction from most recently....and concerning what Petrino "said" last season...well, something about Smith tells me that he is a man who will follow through not only for this organization, but all of us fans as well....I just trust the guy....

not to mention that he doesn't have the Petrino "soulless shark eyes".

chipster10 (1/24/2008)
Draftnut57 (1/24/2008)
chipster10 (1/24/2008)

I believe that Smith will surround himself with a good staff....lest we forget who BVG was reporting to and taking direction from most recently....and concerning what Petrino "said" last season...well, something about Smith tells me that he is a man who will follow through not only for this organization, but all of us fans as well....I just trust the guy....

WEll ,I did and still do believe in BP philosophy as far as having larger OL and DL and with his O# . But how can you do that when you strangle everybody with your heel dust every where you go????

Draftnut57 (1/24/2008)
chipster10 (1/24/2008)
Draftnut57 (1/24/2008)
chipster10 (1/24/2008)

WEll ,I did and still do believe in BP philosophy as far as having larger OL and DL and with his O# . But how can you do that when you strangle everybody with your heel dust every where you go????

I believe that we will have MONSTERS OL & DL within the next few seasons - I don't think that TD or Smith are any different in the BP philosophy in that regard.

I didn't get a chance to see the press conference. I wish I had.

It all begins up front. What a beautiful phrase.

We begin by drafting Ellis or Dorsey and then signing Jackson back from Jax. We move on by strengthening the interior OL. The rest will fall into place.

In two seasons, we will have a bonafide football team.....not a facade....not a circus.

A real football team.

Draftnut57 (1/24/2008)
Three things that have been said over and over , and by them reinterating it so many times I think Blank and McKay have Finially got it ....................

1.It all starts with having great Talent on the team . And both are known for being great Talent evaluators . They both agree that getting the right players in the Draft and FA is the #1 most important thing in having a great team.

2.Smith said it strongly and Clearly ! It all starts up frount on D# , It must be strong(First ) , Oh how that was music to my ears. After wanting Tommie Harris, Louis Castillo , Amobi Okoye and Adam Carrriker , I can't imajine us passing on Ellis .

3.It is having high charicter players and Coachs as well, Plus I can see the smile on Smiths face , I think he really really loves being here , I didn't ever see BP crack a smile , I think he knew he made a mistake within the first few days of taking a HC job in the NFL . I think both of these guys , TD and MS are in it for the long hall and Love the challege that is hitting them in the Face right now as we speck . I think they are much more excited BC they have been a GM or a HC and are looking very forwad to the task and will work harder than former HCs . BC they want to prove themselves. I like that .

Bonous point , Mike Smith said he one part of the job he really enjoys is studing the players in the Draft and FAcy and evaluating players . Same can be said for TD , and this IMO is the biggest key to the whole deal .

But now I think one of the biggest moves to be made is getting the Right OC , we can have everythng else right and if we blow this hire we will be set bak another year or two , I hope they get that one right . I think these two guys are exactly who we needed .

How do you spell ...........B-R-I-A-N B-I-L-L-I-C-K ???????????