A Basic Meat & Potato Guy

Bring It

What a breath of fresh air !!

My God, can you imagine the difference with Mike Smith vs. the King of egomaniacs, Bill Parcells ??? The conference room wouldn't be BIG enough for Parcells ego.

Coach Smith is a decent, intelligent, successful football guy. We should be proud to have him aboard.

Go Falcons !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

texasbirdfan (1/24/2008)
Yea?

I'm a 'eat your big salad and vegetables so you can deseve your meat and potatoes' guy.

This is the modern NFL and it is a pass first league now. You pass to set up the run. We will be operating in the 3 yards and a cloud of dust by ourselves out there if we are not careful.

Hey, one guy already posted that Mike Smith reminded him in looks like Chris Farley. I think he looks a little like a young Woody Hayes.

Talk about 3 yards and a cloud of dust !!!!!!!!

He actually reminds me of John Fox and not just in looks. He's not some slick willy like Coach Mora who tried his best to distract us from the man behind the curtain with a wink and a smile. He obviously just cares about doing his job and doing it well with sound fundamental principles that have been the staple of winning football since they invented the game...

Yeah his philosophy sounds exactly like the one that took us to the Super bowl in 98. Stop the run and run the ball well. It's just that simple. No gimmicks or trickery. Control that line of scrimmage and you can dictate the flow of the game. I'm glad we're finally getting away from all of this flash and pizzaz. Sounds like he wants to play football the way it's meant to be played. Luv it!