This hire makes it clear...

That's ok....laugh it up and make fun of people who think this is a terrible hire....you'll be laughing out your backside when the Falcons win about 3 games again next year! An inexperienced nobody isn't what this team needed....it may've been the only thing it could get, but it wasn't what was needed....and people with a brain know it!

redbird56 (1/24/2008)
Brandon Atkins (1/24/2008)
That NOBODY else in the NFL wanted to come to Atlanta....with all the coaching talent out there, we end up with a 26-year, no-name assistant coach? If that doesn't tell us how low this franchise has sunk, nothing will.

so...how long has snivelling been your biggest hobby?

I know what you are trying to say but actually Smith isn't all that they could get. In fact Rex Ryan and Mike Singletary publically lobbied for the job.

Frazier interviewed as well and I don't think you do that if you aren't interested.

Honestly though I would have preferred any of the aforementioned three to Smith though.

That's ok....laugh it up and make fun of people who think this is a terrible hire....you'll be laughing out your backside when the Falcons win about 3 games again next year! An inexperienced nobody isn't what this team needed....it may've been the only thing it could get, but it wasn't what was needed....and people with a brain know it!

I guarantee you we will win more than 3 games next season.Until he gives us reason to flame him,give him a shot,let's see how the draft goes.

That NOBODY else in the NFL wanted to come to Atlanta....with all the coaching talent out there, we end up with a 26-year, no-name assistant coach? If that doesn't tell us how low this franchise has sunk, nothing will.

At some point, EVERY NFL head coach was a no-name, assistant.

Tom Landry, Bud Grant, Chuck Noll, Don Shula, Marv Levy, Bill Walsh, Bill Belichick.

You want more names ??????????

Have some vision.............yee of little faith !!!

I strongly disagree with your entire opinion and maybe you don't care that I disagree with you because that's the beauty of living in America we can disagree peacefully. I think Mike Smith is a wonderful choice and I think that a lot of nay sayers will be eating their words in a few years, look at what he accomplished in Jacksonville, look at the no name players for the most part that played for and shined for him, I think it's a wonderful hire and I support Mike Smith and the Atlanta Falcons whole heartedly.

Absolute (1/24/2008)
Brandon Atkins,

You contradicted yourself. At first you said...

26-year, no-name assistant coach
then you said
An inexperienced nobody isn't what this team needed

26 years is inexperienced? Wow!

Don't put logic in this thread!

You will scare him off and he start another thread on the same topic.

are you listening to yourself, dimwit? you are complaining because we didnt get a guy with a lot of HC experience, then you say at the same time somebody like that wasn't available. You're basically pointing out in your own post that you don't have a point.

and not that we needed your permission, but thanks, we'll keep laughing at you.

redbird56 (1/24/2008)

are you listening to yourself, dimwit? you are complaining because we didnt get a guy with a lot of HC experience, then you say at the same time somebody like that wasn't available. You're basically pointing out in your own post that you don't have a point.

and not that we needed your permission, but thanks, we'll keep laughing at you.

Haha, so true.

keithbrooking56 (1/24/2008)
I don't agree at all with these hires coming out of Atlanta. I'm expecting them to hire some 1987 Chiefs assistant that hasn't been in the NFL in twenty years to be the OC at this point. These hires are so off the wall either they know something we don't know or we just hired the wrong person to run this team.

Why, because you've never heard of Mike Smith, therefore he can't be a good coach?

I knew who Mike Smith was. He was an off the wall hire because of his total lack of any head coaching experience at any level and the fact the only team that even gave him one interview was the Falcons. Now we hire a college coach (again) who just left us by saying "I'm just a college coach" to run the defense. Its like hiring Peter from Family Guy at this point. Who knows what crazy hire they will make next?