Dolphins 'open for buisness' with No 1 pick in draft.

chazh

Guest Libid21
jidady (1/24/2008)
The only NFL team I believe would even consider trading up is NE. Nobody else can afford it.

I think Dallas can trade up too. They have two first round picks that a team can get serious value with.

Libid21 (1/24/2008)
jidady (1/24/2008)
The only NFL team I believe would even consider trading up is NE. Nobody else can afford it.

I think Dallas can trade up too. They have two first round picks that a team can get serious value with.

Dallas has #22, #28, and #59. That's 1,750 points, which gets them midway between pick #4 and #5. If they threw in their third round pick, #91, that would be 1,886 points, which is still closer to the #4 than #3 (a pick worth 2,200 points). So, to get any higher, Dallas would have to throw in a future first round pick. I find it hard to believe they would deal three number one picks and a number two pick to move up that far. Then again, common sense might win out and a team might be willing to take less than the value chart in order to make a deal for the two number one picks this year as well as a future number one.

So, I doubt it happens, but I can't rule it out, either.

Joshua Affonso (1/24/2008)
Bobbyj (1/24/2008)
chazh (1/24/2008)
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7715738

Sounds like they may be prepared to trade the top pick, it may be worth going after it if they dont make ridiculous demands.

Why in the world would we want to do that???

Seconded. We should be looking to trade down, not up.

Yes trade down and get more picks....My vote!

Heck, no!

If they want to trade down let 'em, that's gives us a better chance at drafting Long or Dorsey.

And if we don't land who we want, I suggest we trade down as well. Giving up draft picks to trade up a couple of spots when we have so many needs is stupid.