New OC??

FalconsFan14

Chiropractor (1/24/2008)
Twinblade (1/24/2008)
HC: Mike Smith

OC: Mike Mularky

DC: Brian VanGorder

Worst. Coaching staff.........ever.

Dimitroff should have laughed him out of the office.... Instead they hired him!!

When did you become such an expert? I'm curious, who would you have picked and what makes them better?

Chiropractor (1/24/2008)
Twinblade (1/24/2008)

Dimitroff should have laughed him out of the office.... Instead they hired him!!

How can you say that after watching HC: Mora, OC: Knapp, and DC: Donatell?

Mike Adams (1/24/2008)
My god people, give these people a chance to prove themselves as coaches! How much do you really know about these guys except what you read! Give them a chance, and not 3 games either.

Best first post I have ever seen a newb make.

Sorry about the "newb" stuff, I had to do it. ;)

Jim Cauley (1/24/2008)
Chiropractor (1/24/2008)
Twinblade (1/24/2008)

When did you become such an expert? I'm curious, who would you have picked and what makes them better?

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'd like to know from alot of these people, particularly on the ssecond point you made. The short answer is, they have absolutely no clue what makes a great coach versus a poor coach. Heck, owners and GMs throughout the history of pro sports have proven that THEY don't even have a full understanding of what makes greatness or mediocrity in a coach.

Personally, my belief is that getting lucky (winning the proverbial lottery) in drafting players is what makes a coach great by and large. Would anyone know Bellichick's name if some 6th round draft pick QB hadn't become a great player against every odd known to man? How successful would Jimmy Johnson have been if Troy Aikman hadn't been in the draft that year?

NFL history is littered with HCs who were made and broken based on rolling the draft dice. There are very few who have ever made something from nothing, such as our best coach of all time, Dan Reeves.

People should be much more interested that our scouting and front office staff make the correct personnel decisions, then worry about whether our coach can become the next Vince Lombardi...

Dr John Zoidberg (1/24/2008)
I think we're going to hire one of Paul Johnson's assistants and start running the option.

Apparently the head coach and management have no problem getting college guys to be the coordinators.

Maybe we will run the 5-2 as our base defense.

I think everyone knows your stance now. Just keep it in your sig. If you're right, feel free to toot your horn. If you're wrong, be ready to take heat. No need in posting it over and over anymore...