Mike Smith's choice for OC will depend on compatability

etherdome

Mike Smith has to be allowed to put his stamp on this team. He is known as a hard-nosed guy and he wants to establish that attitude here. I did not know Mularkey, prior to Smith's hiring, but I remember the media calling him the next hot coordinator several years ago. His failure as a HC in Buffalo made his stock tumble. His one year with Miami was horrible, but no one could make that scene work.

From what I have seen recently, Mularkey was a Cowher guy. He liked the power run offense and mixed some "trick" plays to keep defenses honest. The strategy flopped in Buffalo but worked well in Pittsburgh. Hopefully, Mularkey has learned from his failures and can legitimize our offense. The Steelers are not known for their offenses, but they produced points during his tenure.

Mularkey isn't getting much credit on these message boards because the majority doesn't realize what he was up against in Miami.

IMO, he would be the best offensive coordinator to ever grace the Falcon's sideline.

I would love to have a power running game back in Atlanta.

pren226 (1/24/2008)
quitrino was supposed to be all about the power run game too... id rather see smiths brother in law here as oc.

you and me both pren. I think BB would be an excellent additon to this team despite what others may say about him. give the man a GM that has a good eye for talent and an owner with deep pockets and lets see what happens

dsgbncali (1/24/2008)
pren226 (1/24/2008)
quitrino was supposed to be all about the power run game too... id rather see smiths brother in law here as oc.

you and me both pren. I think BB would be an excellent additon to this team despite what others may say about him. give the man a GM that has a good eye for talent and an owner with deep pockets and lets see what happens

I'd be hapy if he came here since he won't be offered a HC job this year. Bring him home TD!

Ken Radcliff (1/24/2008)
Mularkey isn't getting much credit on these message boards because the majority doesn't realize what he was up against in Miami.

IMO, he would be the best offensive coordinator to ever grace the Falcon's sideline.

I would love to have a power running game back in Atlanta.

I wanted him to be our HC when Mora was hired. He did a GREAT job in Pittsburgh.

I'm not sure I'd want him as a HC after the Buffalo debacle, but I'm not sure that was his fault, either. At any rate, I'd be happy with him as our OC. Pittsburgh's offense was very good while he was there.

Brian Billck's offense in Minny worked because he had Daunte Culpepper, Robert Smith, and Randy Moss. Robert Smith had to be respected and Culpepper simply chucked the ball in the air and Moss hunted it down. There is not a lot of scheming involved with that sort of offense. BB got way too much credit for that and he capitalized on it.

His offenses since then, have been marginal at best. No thanks.

bgarcia28 (1/24/2008)
Brian Billck's offense in Minny worked because he had Daunte Culpepper, Robert Smith, and Randy Moss. Robert Smith had to be respected and Culpepper simply chucked the ball in the air and Moss hunted it down. There is not a lot of scheming involved with that sort of offense. BB got way too much credit for that and he capitalized on it.

His offenses since then, have been marginal at best. No thanks.

Psst...Randall Cunningham.