MacFadden

The overall census by most football experts is that Darren MacFadden is one of the best if not the best prospect in next year's draft. If DMAC is still on the board when the Falcons pick the Falcons would be freakin' stupid not to take him. We are not in a position to skip over a talent such as him for say help on the O-Line. There's enough talent in this draft for the O-Line that we should find decent help in rds. 2 through 7. If the repetition of new coach Mike Smith is true then we shouldn't have too much problem finding a DT in the later rds. The same for the QB prospects, where the best value is the 2nd round on.

Very true McFadden would add that power and speed with more speed from Norwood which would help this offense right off the ground. Chris Williams would be excellent to help on the line with a second rouund pick. D-MAC is too good and rare of a talent to pass up!!!

Honestly i think mcfadden would play great here but the game starts and finish's in the trench's which is why we must build our lines first, then have a RB like Rice runn through the holes the Oline open up and stop the opposing teams with a solid defense, better value for money can be found in the later rounds and still get a dominate player with our first. This year RB class is loaded with talent

Some people never learn from history.

The overall concensus was that Reggie Bush was the best player in the draft. Any team would be stupid for passing on him. Houston was wildly ridiculed for passing on Bush and taking a defensive lineman.

Two years later what is the concenus on who Houston should have drafted: Mario Williams or Reggie Bush? That Houston made a smart move in taking Williams over Bush.

Do we need to also list the 647,421.3 other instances in the history of the draft where a player was "too good to pass up" on draft day only to be "not too good to pass" up a couple of years later?

I would never take any type of lineman in the first round, we need Mcfadden, I don't recall Atlanta EVER picking a top running back with the first pick, that's why we never had a good long term running game. EVERYONE ADD A POST FOR GETTING MCFADDEN OR ANY BRUISER/FAST RUNNING BACK, maybe it'll sink into someone's head in the front office, don't let another Adrian Peterson get away!

sjaguar#21 (1/25/2008)
I would never take any type of lineman in the first round, we need Mcfadden, I don't recall Atlanta EVER picking a top running back with the first pick, that's why we never had a good long term running game. EVERYONE ADD A POST FOR GETTING MCFADDEN OR ANY BRUISER/FAST RUNNING BACK, maybe it'll sink into someone's head in the front office, don't let another Adrian Peterson get away!

We had Jammal Anderson back in the 90s.

The real reason we havent had a consistent running game is because weve never had good linemen.

Thats where we should be going in the draft.