MIKE SMITH IS OFFICIALLY OUR NEW HEAD COACH!!!

ghoticov

ghoticov (1/23/2008)
bossFALCON (1/23/2008)
i posted this already. he will be introduced tomorrow.

You posted that NFL N reported it, I posted that AF.com has now officially reported it. :)

yea i know. i went to atlantafalcons.com and saw and i was like i have to make it back in time to be first to post it. when i got back you had beaten me to it.:cool:

GEORGIAfan (1/23/2008)
bossFALCON (1/23/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/23/2008)
ill back it up. i just hope he gets good OC, and DC.

me too. we'll need them to be a contender next season.

I hope he keeps hue jackson as OC, because the Bill M doesnt seem like a good pick.

yea i hope so. i dont think Bill M is coming though because they were talking about him signing w/ TB yesterday. the media is just trying to make us look stupid to say that we got "shot" down again.

Guest JBopper

I`m glad the search is over maybe now we can get ready for the draft and free agency.I completely have faith in our front office and coach.Go ATL.

GEORGIAfan (1/23/2008)
bossFALCON (1/23/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/23/2008)

I hope he keeps hue jackson as OC, because the Bill M doesnt seem like a good pick.

yea i would like to see Hue stay also the offense was looking a lot better after he took over the play calling plus all of the qbs have learned the plays and was just getting the chance to show the system can work

which in return will give Shockley a chance to show what he has got without having to learn a new system to make it three in three years

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've got a much better feeling about this hire than the Bobby Pigtrino hire. If you remember, most people were questioning the validity of Pigtrino right away (bringing up the fact that he had a lilly pad resume and was always chasing the next opportunity).

The words I like about this guy are: Communicator, Organized, Respected, and INTEGRITY! Not to mention good character, a solid X's and O's guy, and hard worker.

Now we can focus on the draft, free agency, and, of course, staff changes!

8-ball (1/23/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/23/2008)
bossFALCON (1/23/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/23/2008)

yea i would like to see Hue stay also the offense was looking a lot better after he took over the play calling plus all of the qbs have learned the plays and was just getting the chance to show the system can work

which in return will give Shockley a chance to show what he has got without having to learn a new system to make it three in three years

Amen. i will agree with that, but Shockley will shine in any system as long as he gets the same amount of snaps as redman.

Now that he has been hired, hopefully the players will by into what he will be trying to do.I hope they get to work right away, the combine and the draft are right around the corner. We must do well in the draft, this will be one of the most important drafts in team history because we have more than a few holes to fill. I am not worried though, The Falcons will be back and stronger than ever.I don't think there are too many Falcon fans down here in Sarasota. I want the Falcons to win every game, but more than that, I want them to beat the Bucs so I won,t have to listen to these goobers every day. Thanks. GO FALCONS!

chickenfried (1/23/2008)
I don't know about the rest of you, but I've got a much better feeling about this hire than the Bobby Pigtrino hire. If you remember, most people were questioning the validity of Pigtrino right away (bringing up the fact that he had a lilly pad resume and was always chasing the next opportunity).

The words I like about this guy are: Communicator, Organized, Respected, and INTEGRITY! Not to mention good character, a solid X's and O's guy, and hard worker.

Now we can focus on the draft, free agency, and, of course, staff changes!

The more I read about him, the more I like. People had to FORCE themselves to like the Petrino hire.

foreveriloveatlanta (1/23/2008)
I cannot wait to see what kind of team he turns us into. He said he wants us to be hard-nosed and be able to run and stop the run. Sounds like we might become a smash-mouth football team pretty soon here.

That is how real football is played here in the South!

Go Falcons!

I'm glad we have a HC. I hope he, Thomas and Authur make some very good choices the next 3 monts. Getting the Off. & Def. Cord. and figuring out what to do about our QB. Mike said he wants to hard hitting running so I assume they are going to work on the Off. Line so we can run the ball.

Question. If he is going to do alot of running then I don't think they will use the first pick to get a QB.