Mike Smith-HC

run and shoot

I've never heard of this guy. Has he ever been to the SB as player or coach? What makes him so qualified over someone like Leslie Frazier? Somebody mentioned here how weak his "D" scheme was vs. the Pats in the playoffs....i.e. no pressure on Brady. I mean what's Smith's reputation? What makes him so special vs. other candidates.

run and shoot (1/23/2008)
I've never heard of this guy. Has he ever been to the SB as player or coach? What makes him so qualified over someone like Leslie Frazier? Somebody mentioned here how weak his "D" scheme was vs. the Pats in the playoffs....i.e. no pressure on Brady. I mean what's Smith's reputation? What makes him so special vs. other candidates.

Way more than Spagnuolo.

he has won a superbowl as a coach. i was the one talking to the person about the pats and him applying pressure. the person said mike didnt know how to apply pressure or adjust to the offense. i heard the D they ran in jax isnt designed to apply pressure and someone else said that they were #1 in scoring D. seeing as how bad our offense can be at times the #1 scoring D wouldnt hurt.

i guess hes like a lottery ticket, scratch and hope. most here are excited because they dont know any better

consistentfalcon (1/23/2008)

i guess hes like a lottery ticket, scratch and hope. most here are excited because they dont know any better

Best **** answer yet!!!!

I mean does anyone know what type of leadership this guy brings to the table.

He has as much experience in the NFL as any other coordinator we interviewed.

He is just as unproven as anyone else that was willing to accept this job if offered.

He has been apart of many good defenses either as a position coach or coordinator.

He isn't over qualified, but he is qualified. The fact is, is that he and all the other candidates were, for the most part, just alike. For unknown reasons to the message board members, Dimitroff thinks he will work well within the organization.

Best **** answer yet!!!!

on the nfl network schefter said he had heard that he was a good leader. he isnt a yeller. i wish i could remember what he said so i could tell you. i will post it when they re-air the episode.

bossFALCON (1/23/2008)

Best **** answer yet!!!!

on the nfl network schefter said he had heard that he was a good leader. he isnt a yeller. i wish i could remember what he said so i could tell you. i will post it when they re-air the episode.

See...just the fact that you have go look up what kinda' leader this guy is speaks volumes.

I just wanna see another "Jim Mora situation"......coupled with a crap "O" scheme.

Lee Long (1/23/2008)
Man you have a computer, do a little research. Baltimore.

When a coach is good......his reputation proceeds him. Chew on that one.

I never heard of Spags till the last part of the season, so what is your point? He is a DC of a successful team, what more are you lookng for? We already know the ones who are considered Good HC's (Marty, and Cowher) are not coming here, so they picked someone with more experience than Garrett and Spagnuolo put together.

FalconFan13 (1/23/2008)
I don't have to look up what kind of leader he is :D Im also a Jags Fan i like them just as much as the Falcons and know them pretty much as good as i do the Falcons. So anything you want to know feel free to ask me.

Ok.....so based on your unbiased Jags knowlege.....does this guy deserve to be HC?

FalconFan13 (1/23/2008)
I don't have to look up what kind of leader he is :D Im also a Jags Fan i like them just as much as the Falcons and know them pretty much as good as i do the Falcons. So anything you want to know feel free to ask me.

Ok.....so based on your unbiased Jags knowlege.....does this guy deserve to be HC?

Do I think he deserves to be a HC yes. Do i know for a fact he is going to be a great HC no. But he has put in a good bit of time over the years to earn a shot. He has learned under some pretty good coaches building up to this. I know almost all his players respect him i also know he is innovative when it comes to schemes. He is 75%% cover-2 out of the 4-3, but will throw in the 3-4 and a 3-3-5 to mix things up. He never commands respect from his players but they give it to him because he shows them respect as well. He can be somewhat of a players coach like Dungy but like Dungy as i said they give him respect and listen to what he says because of his knowledge. I think personally he will be a pretty good HC. I also think he has been in the league long enough and been on enough good teams to deserve the shot. Thats completely unbiased as i think Spags and Frazier were veryg ood choices as well. My Dream coach would have been Marty Schottenheimer but he just didn't want to put in the time to build us back up where we needed to be. I can post stats if you want me to but from what i can tell you are more of a personal type of guy instead of a numbers type of guy. If ya need anything else i'll try my bets to answer them for ya.

Yeah, because you have all of the answers........(sarcasm off)

Being the DC of a unit that was in the top 10 scoring defense 4 years in a row seem pretty qualified to me, and don't give me this crap about how it was Del Rio defense and not Smith. How hypocritical would it be to not give Smith the credit of being the DC for all them seasons but then turn around and give him the blame for the Pats game?:sick: