NEW Political Quiz: This One is MUCH Tougher

Negative-Nancy

1) I would not support repeal of Roe vs. Wade, which would then force women in America to [undergo] illegal and dangerous operations.

2) I do not think that Marriage is a Civil Right

3) (On Gays in the Military) It's already covered by the Uniform Code of Military Conduct . . . It's about conduct, it's not about attitude. You don't punish people for their attitudes. You punish them if their behavior creates a problem

4) when the Liberal Party Policy Committee reviewed a list of key social issues of deep concern to progressive, we found that [the candidate]agreed with the Liberal Party's stance on a majority of such issues. He agreed with the Liberal Party's views on affirmative action, gay rights, gun control, school prayer and tuition tax credits

5) Women are concerned about the glass ceiling. My entire life has been one of working with women and helping women thru the glass ceiling. Public companies and federal agencies should be required in their annual report the number of women & minorities by income category, so we can identify where the glass ceiling is, and we can break through it.

6)We are fed a daily diet of sex and violence and social dysfunction and unrealizable fantasies. We live in a disposable, throw-away society, where the yearning for profits and instant gratification overshadows the need for moderation and restraint and investing for the long-term.

I don t think there is any doubt that if you give children a steady diet of what they get on most programming, it is going to distort their view of the world

7) My father worked in a mill

A) Clinton

B) Romney

C) McCain

D) Edwards

E) Giuliani

F) Obama

G) Huckabee

Women are concerned about the glass ceiling. My entire life has been one of working with women and helping women thru the glass ceiling. Public companies and federal agencies should be required in their annual report the number of women & minorities by income category, so we can identify where the glass ceiling is, and we can break through it

Hhhmmm . . . Did they omit the part where the candidate said "I help them THROUGH the glass ceiling . . . pushing them from behind, and when they get through it, I look up and enjoy the view! I'm also in favor of getting women INTO glass elevators."

That would have been BILL Clinton, of course.

rsa linkster (1/23/2008)
1) I would not support repeal of Roe vs. Wade, which would then force women in America to [undergo] illegal and dangerous operations.

MITT ROMNEY

HILLARY CLINTON

3) (On Gays in the Military) It's already covered by the Uniform Code of Military Conduct . . . It's about conduct, it's not about attitude. You don't punish people for their attitudes. You punish them if their behavior creates a problem

JOHN MCCAIN

4) when the Liberal Party Policy Committee reviewed a list of key social issues of deep concern to progressive, we found that [the candidate]agreed with the Liberal Party's stance on a majority of such issues. He agreed with the Liberal Party's views on affirmative action, gay rights, gun control, school prayer and tuition tax credits

RUDY GUILLIANI

5) Women are concerned about the glass ceiling. My entire life has been one of working with women and helping women thru the glass ceiling. Public companies and federal agencies should be required in their annual report the number of women & minorities by income category, so we can identify where the glass ceiling is, and we can break through it.

MIKE HUCKABEE

6)We are fed a daily diet of sex and violence and social dysfunction and unrealizable fantasies. We live in a disposable, throw-away society, where the yearning for profits and instant gratification overshadows the need for moderation and restraint and investing for the long-term.

I don t think there is any doubt that if you give children a steady diet of what they get on most programming, it is going to distort their view of the world

BARRACK OBAMA

JOHN EDWARDS/quote]

I would not support repeal of Roe vs. Wade, which would then force women in America to [undergo] illegal and dangerous operations.

Obama

McCain

Huckabee

Romney

Hillary

Giuliani

Edwards

Ethanga62890 (1/24/2008)
I would not support repeal of Roe vs. Wade, which would then force women in America to [undergo] illegal and dangerous operations.

Obama

McCain

Huckabee

Romney

Hillary

Giuliani

Edwards

TWO correct: You're tied for the lead!

Ramen (1/24/2008)
In all fairness, one of the quotes is VERY deceptive because at least five different candidates have made statements very similar to that one, and it's possible that a sixth made a similar remark years ago.

I didn't realize that so many of the candidates had fathers who worked in mills?!

holymoses (1/24/2008)
Ramen (1/24/2008)
In all fairness, one of the quotes is VERY deceptive because at least five different candidates have made statements very similar to that one, and it's possible that a sixth made a similar remark years ago.

I didn't realize that so many of the candidates had fathers who worked in mills?!

Yep! We've got a wide selection of working folk candidates this year. ;)

holymoses (1/24/2008)
etifan

You cheated! Now delete that before anyone sees the answers!

The guy with THREE personalities is questioning MY intelligence? I'm not inclined to take orders from you, sir. :D

I'll delete them if you promise to BE NICE TO EDWARDS! And b/c I'm partial to your home state.

P.S. I only cheated on Romney. Obama was a guess. Clinton? Did you SERIOUSLY think that one was tough?

etifan (1/24/2008)
holymoses (1/24/2008)
etifan

You cheated! Now delete that before anyone sees the answers!

The guy with THREE personalities is questioning MY intelligence? I'm not inclined to take orders from you, sir. :D

I'll delete them if you promise to BE NICE TO EDWARDS! And b/c I'm partial to your home state.

P.S. I only cheated on Romney. Obama was a guess. Clinton? Did you SERIOUSLY think that one was tough?

It's obviously not a matter of your intelligence: But I picked the statements expressly because they ARE so inconsistent with the candidates. At least most of them . . .

And honestly, I would have dug up something better for your man Edwards but I had to get home and I decided dinner with my family was more important than an interesting and suprising quote from Edwards. So I bailed for the cheap laugh. (And it was a little funny, wasn't it?)

holymoses (1/24/2008)

It's obviously not a matter of your intelligence:

Nice save...you are obviously married!

holymoses (1/24/2008)

But I picked the statements expressly because they ARE so inconsistent with the candidates. At least most of them . . .

And honestly, I would have dug up something better for your man Edwards but I had to get home and I decided dinner with my family was more important than an interesting and suprising quote from Edwards. So I bailed for the cheap laugh. (And it was a little funny, wasn't it?)

Fine...it was marginally amusing. BUT you called him "bland" (I think that was it - I was actually looking for it again) in another thread. Have you seen courtroom footage of the guy? I wish his passion and charisma would carry over into his candidacy!!

And I appreciate a man who understands the value of a good haircut.

Anyway, some of the quotes (particularly one) were difficult b/c the same basic statement is given by several candidates. And the Obama one has just enough of a twist to be misleading.