it looks like 95%

FalconFan13 (1/23/2008)
The difference between Petrino and Smith. Smith actually follows through on what he says. Petrino jumps ship at the 1st chance he gets.

and this is known by????????????

petrino said he left because of the fo meddling, so whos to say if thats the case that smith will like it any better than petrino.

i still believe thats why mora left.

think about it 4 coaches in 6 yrs. somethings wrong upstairs

consistentfalcon (1/23/2008)
FalconFan13 (1/23/2008)
The difference between Petrino and Smith. Smith actually follows through on what he says. Petrino jumps ship at the 1st chance he gets.

petrino said he left because of the fo meddling, so whos to say if thats the case that smith will like it any better than petrino.

How does that explain the other five offseasons where Petrino has attempted to leave? A lot of us, myself included, burried our heads in the sand on Petrino. I personally had hoped that all of his jumping around was in an attempt to get to the NFL, I was wrong. Mora just sucked and refused to bring in the right coordinators, that was his downfall. Blank has a lot to learn about being an owner, but I really don't think he is driving away coaches.

FalconFan13 (1/23/2008)

Petrino was a jumper long before he became a Falcon :D Im not basing that off of the Falcons Fiasco. Also says his career of team jumping he has never been on 1 team longer than 3 years. Im a Jags Fan and a Louisville Fan so i got to see it 3 times now :D

1983 Carroll (GA)

1984 Weber State (GA)

1985-1986 Carroll (OC)

1987-1988 Weber State (WR/TE)

1989 Idaho (QB)

1990-1991 Idaho (OC)

1992-1993 Arizona State (QB)

1994 Nevada (OC/QB)

1995-1997 Utah State (OC)

1998 Louisville (OC)

1999-2000 Jacksonville Jaguars (QB)

2001 Jacksonville Jaguars (OC)

2002 Auburn (OC)

2003-2006 Louisville

2007 Atlanta Falcons

2008-present Arkansas Razorbacks

I wasn't on board with the petrino hire, until I saw the staff he assembled. Even then it was risky, and I didn't know how well his offense would work with our players. I assumed he would leave at the end of this season, didn't realize he wouldn't wait for the season to end.

With Smith, I don't feel as if we are renting a HC. I don't feel like we are taking a big risk. Honestly, T.D. is more of a risk at this point than Mike Smith is.

Guess we will see.

FalconFan13 (1/23/2008)
FalconFan13 (1/23/2008)

Petrino was a jumper long before he became a Falcon :D Im not basing that off of the Falcons Fiasco. Also says his career of team jumping he has never been on 1 team longer than 3 years. Im a Jags Fan and a Louisville Fan so i got to see it 3 times now :D

1983 Carroll (GA)

1984 Weber State (GA)

1985-1986 Carroll (OC)

1987-1988 Weber State (WR/TE)

1989 Idaho (QB)

1990-1991 Idaho (OC)

1992-1993 Arizona State (QB)

1994 Nevada (OC/QB)

1995-1997 Utah State (OC)

1998 Louisville (OC)

1999-2000 Jacksonville Jaguars (QB)

2001 Jacksonville Jaguars (OC)

2002 Auburn (OC)

2003-2006 Louisville

2007 Atlanta Falcons

2008-present Arkansas Razorbacks

if a fan could see this surely an owner and experienced gm could have seen it, wouldnt you think?

az,falcon928 (1/23/2008)
Well I am waiting a little longer before I jump for joy, But he is in no way a Patrino.

i'm not against him and i wasnt against petrino, but the petrino bashing imo is ridiculus, because 1) if he dont want to be here then hes obviously not the right person for the job

2) goes to show what type of hiring process the f.o has incorporated . if anything the f.o should be bashed for hiring the guy

of the posters that were 100% behind petrino are about the same % behind on smith
....and it looks like 100% of your posts are negative and are only put on this MB to draw attention to yourself.......

NEXT............

az,falcon928 (1/23/2008)
Well I am waiting a little longer before I jump for joy, But he is in no way a Patrino.

i'm not against him and i wasnt against petrino, but the petrino bashing imo is ridiculus, because 1) if he dont want to be here then hes obviously not the right person for the job

2) goes to show what type of hiring process the f.o has incorporated . if anything the f.o should be bashed for hiring the guy

Oh it was a huge mistake bringing patrino here, He had a history of jumping to other teams.

And I hope they learned that lesson well. But they brought in help on this one and he has a good reputation so far, But we won't know how it goes until the end of the season. Now I am waiting for the draft to see what direction they go in as far as players.

gritblitzer (1/23/2008)
of the posters that were 100% behind petrino are about the same % behind on smith
....and it looks like 100% of your posts are negative and are only put on this MB to draw attention to yourself.......

NEXT............

your pretty wise, so if thats the case why do you fall for it. i think you know as well as everone else that this is a loser franchise destined to do nothing more than its past. further more you cant stand it but try to defend it as if it will matter:w00t::w00t:

FalconFan13 (1/23/2008)
FalconFan13 (1/23/2008)

if a fan could see this surely an owner and experienced gm could have seen it, wouldnt you think?

Thats why Mckay is no longer in charge ;) Petrino really was a brilliant guy when it came to x's and o's He's just a jumoer thats never happy. I am glad TD is running the show now. McKay's time needed to be up.

gritblitzer (1/23/2008)

NEXT............

let me know when the falcons do something positive so i can say something good about them. this needs to be something that we can measure:w00t::w00t:

Bloodhoundz Reborn (1/23/2008)
We are fans aren't we suppose to hope for the best?

should hope for the best but dont mean we gonna any wheres near middle ground. think about it , what has this management done over the last few years other than taking the elevator down.i lack faith in this management until they prove otherwise so getting excited about a new hire imo goes overboard. isnt that what most did around here when mora and petrino was hired,the excitement was overwhelming and the teams performance went south

Bloodhoundz Reborn (1/23/2008)
We are fans aren't we suppose to hope for the best?

should hope for the best but dont mean we gonna any wheres near middle ground. think about it , what has this management done over the last few years other than taking the elevator down.i lack faith in this management until they prove otherwise so getting excited about a new hire imo goes overboard. isnt that what most did around here when mora and petrino was hired,the excitement was overwhelming and the teams performance went south

Well I'm not going to get too excited, but I'm going to support Smith and hope he can turn us around if he does accept the job.