Dukes on NFL network said

mountain_jim3

mountain_jim3 (1/23/2008)
Dukes just said that Smith (and Jags) were not as good at in-game adjustments as spags, that Falcons should have waited. He said Smith sticked with schemes they planned to and 'if ytou beat us, you beat us".

Did he really say "Smith STICKED with schemes" cuz if he did I he is the idiot. If he didn't I will assume you were distracted by Superfans Sig...lol

Dukes just said that Smith (and Jags) were not as good at in-game adjustments as spags, that Falcons should have waited. He said Smith sticked with schemes they planned to and 'if ytou beat us, you beat us".

Even if true - irrelevant.

The in-game adjustments will be the DCs responsibility.

Smith will have say on building the defensive unit however, something he succeeded at any way you look at it.

this is the singular concern i have with the new coach, and the main reason why i was keen on spags. i hope dukes is incorrect, but i fear this may be something we will deal with.

on all other fronts i do like the hire of smith though. just not this aspect.

I saw Dukes say that the most Roddy White will ever be is a "2nd or 3rd" reciever. This was about a month ago, while Roddy White was 7th in the NFL in recieving with possibly the worst QB situation in NFL history.

So I'll take his opinion with a grain of salt.

Yeah, I guess that makes it a lock, if Dukes said it-lol!

Who knows what to believe. Marecellius Wiley who played under Smith in Jacksonville implied that Del Rio was that mastermind of Jacksonville's defense. He said Smith is just a low man on the totem pole.