Change-It-Up Mock

Kayoh

We have Pick #3. Houston has #18.

1. Miami selects DT Glenn Dorsey.

2. St. Louis selects OT Jake Long.

With the 3rd pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Atlanta Falcons select DE Chris Long.

Atlanta trades their 1st 2nd round pick (P38 Overall) and their 3rd round pick (P75 Overall) for Pittsburgh's 1st round pick(P23 Overall)

With the 23rd pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Atlanta Falcons select OT Chris Williams.

Atlanta trades their 2nd round pick (P50 Overall) for Seattle's 2nd (P56 Overall) and 4th (120th Overall) round picks.

With the 56th Pick in the draft, Atlanta selects DT Red Bryant.

From this point on, no further trades were made, so the rest of the draft:

R1P3[3]: DE Chris Long // Virginia [Value:1]

R1P23[23]: OT Chris Williams // Vanderbilt [Value:24]

R2P18[56]: DT Red Bryant // Texas A&M [Value:61]

R3CMP[97]: RB Kevin Smith // Central Florida [Value:97]

R4P4[102]: RG John Greco // Toledo [Value:96]

R4P22[120]: QB Josh Johnson // San Diego [Value:120]

R5P3[140]: WR Jordy Nelson // Kansas State [Value:143]

R6P6[185]: C Fernando Velasco // Georgia [Value:190]

R7P5[225]: K Art Carmody // Louisville [Value:225]

R7P22[242]: RB Brandon McAnderson // Kansas [Value:283]

New DC:

QB: Redman/Shockley/Johnson(Emergency QB)

RB: Smith/Norwood/Snelling/McAnderson

FB: Mughelli/Snelling/McAnderson

WR: White/Robinson/Nelson/Jenkins/Jennings

TE: Crumpler/Milner/Blakely

LT: Williams/Weiner

LG: Blalock/Clabo

OC: McClure/Datish/Velasco

RG: Greco/Forney

RT: Clabo/Greco/Foster

LE: Long/Anderson/Davis(50/45/5 kind of thing)

UT: Coleman/Babineax/Lewis

NT: Bryant/Lewis(might add Shaun Rodgers?)

RE: Abraham/Long(60/40. That's right. I have Chris playing in 90% of our snaps. When he's on the right side, Jamaal plays the left.)

SB: Boley/Wilkins

MB: Taylor/Nicholas

WB: Brooking/Nicholas

CB: Hall/Irons

SS: Milloy/Stone

FS: Williams/Crocker

CB: Houston/Sanders

K: Carmody

P: Koenen

Welcome to Atlanta (1/23/2008)
Really? Who?

John Abraham, when healthy (and he was healthy all of last season) is a pass rushing threat on every play, and is better against the run than most people give him credit for.

Jamaal Anderson, although not registering a sack, was incredibly solid on our DL. People want to point at his lack of sacks as a weakness, whereas I would rather view how he played against the run, or how he performed as a unit with the DLine to get pressure on the QB.

Not only are they both very talented (Anderson showed a ton of potential last season), but we have a lot invested in both. To spend a top 5 pick on a DE this season would be insane.

L.Rover (1/23/2008)
Really? Who?

John Abraham, when healthy (and he was healthy all of last season) is a pass rushing threat on every play, and is better against the run than most people give him credit for.

Jamaal Anderson, although not registering a sack, was incredibly solid on our DL. People want to point at his lack of sacks as a weakness, whereas I would rather view how he played against the run, or how he performed as a unit with the DLine to get pressure on the QB.

Not only are they both very talented (Anderson showed a ton of potential last season), but we have a lot invested in both. To spend a top 5 pick on a DE this season would be insane.

Your opinion is one of very few on this message board that I actually somewhat respect, but you are SADLY mistaken. John Abraham, our leading sacker, only had 10 sacks after starting all 16 games. Jared Allen had 15.5 in 12 games. Don't get me wrong; Abe usually gets his sack in most games, but he's not the constant pressure that we thought he would be, and like he was vs. CAR in 2006. He's good; he's not great. And he still has a glass groin; 2007 was a rare commodity in his career, being that he started and was healthy for all 16 games. I'm sure that next year, when all else is going right, Abe will go down just because that's how our luck is. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to rely on somebody other than freaking Chauncey Davis to bring pressure? It seems to me that Jamaal hasn't been getting that aspect done. Don't get me wrong, I love Jamaal and think he has potential, but that's just the thing; potential is just a fancy french word that means you haven't done ##### yet.

L.Rover (1/23/2008)
Really? Who?

Your opinion is one of very few on this message board that I actually somewhat respect, but you are SADLY mistaken. John Abraham, our leading sacker, only had 10 sacks after starting all 16 games. Jared Allen had 15.5 in 12 games. Don't get me wrong; Abe usually gets his sack in most games, but he's not the constant pressure that we thought he would be, and like he was vs. CAR in 2006. He's good; he's not great. And he still has a glass groin; 2007 was a rare commodity in his career, being that he started and was healthy for all 16 games. I'm sure that next year, when all else is going right, Abe will go down just because that's how our luck is. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to rely on somebody other than freaking Chauncey Davis to bring pressure? It seems to me that Jamaal hasn't been getting that aspect done. Don't get me wrong, I love Jamaal and think he has potential, but that's just the thing; potential is just a fancy french word that means you haven't done ##### yet.

UUUHHHHH.....who were the starting DTs for the Falcons for most of the season?????? There is the problem, not the DE. With that said, C.Long is one of the very few guys in the draft worth a Top 5 pick.