Tony Boselli on 680

woodstockfan

I was just listening to 680 and they were interviewing Tony Boselli. Tony is an NFL analyst and works for a local Jacksonville radio station. To summarize what he said:

1. Mike Smith a very good football coach.

2. Thinks he is a good hire for Falcons.

3. Thinks Smith will do wonders for Falcons D.

4. Can't find any player to back up what Marcelus said today on espn. He even talks to Del Rio a lot and he said he spent 80% of his time with the O and that Smith ran the D.

5. Doesn't know who OC will be.

6. He knows Smith doesn't have the flair a lot of coaches have, but will instill stability for Falcons. Again, he is just a great football man that will gain respect of the players.

6. He knows Smith doesn't have the flair a lot of coaches have, but will instill stability for Falcons. Again, he is just a great football man that will gain respect of the players.

So, Smith doesn't have "flare". BFD. Heck, Tom Landry was hardly Mr. Charisma, but he was at the time and is still well respected, honored, and remembered as a great coach - and that's what counts.

falcon_freddie (1/23/2008)

So, Smith doesn't have "flare". BFD. Heck, Tom Landry was hardly Mr. Charisma, but he was at the time and is still well respected, honored, and remembered as a great coach - and that's what counts.

I don't think it was an insult by any stretch. I think he was just saying that he knows Smith isn't the sexy pick, but maybe the best pick.

BigSlick (1/23/2008)
I don't think it was an insult by any stretch. I think he was just saying that he knows Smith isn't the sexy pick, but maybe the best pick.

Oh, I didn't take it as an insult on Smith. It's just that so many "fans" (note the quotation marks) seem to want someone who rants, raves, and wears a helment with a spike on top. We had something like that last time, and we all know how that worked out.

falcon_freddie (1/23/2008)
BigSlick (1/23/2008)

Oh, I didn't take it as an insult on Smith. It's just that so many "fans" (note the quotation marks) seem to want someone who rants, raves, and wears a helment with a spike on top. We had something like that last time, and we all know how that worked out.

I just want a good football coach who is a decent human being.

The players win the games. Let's get some talent on this team through the draft and build a consistent winner.