Wade Phillips Wants Emmitt Thomas

hedster

Cowboys have some hires to make

January 23, 2008 10:57 AM

As we expected, new Dolphins coach Tony Sparano hired three Cowboys defensive coaches Tuesday. Todd Bowles will serve as the Cowfins' assistant head coach-secondary, Paul Pasqualoni takes over as defensive coordinator and Kacy Rodgers will coach the defensive line.

"Tony and I have worked together for five years," said Rodgers, "and it was hard for me to tell him no. I loved working for Wade Phillips, but Bill [Parcells] brought me into this league, and I'm excited about working with him again."

I'm told that Cowboys coach Wade Phillips wants to hire Emmitt Thomas as his secondary coach. Thomas, the former Chiefs great, has coached the defensive backs in Atlanta for six consecutive seasons and was named interim head coach when Bobby Petrino fled to Arkansas. Thomas has served as a defensive coordinator in Philadelphia, Green Bay and Minnesota. He and Phillips worked together in Atlanta.

Chargers outside linebackers coach John Pagano is a leading candidate to replace Pasqualoni. He's been with San Diego since 2002 and he's also worked under Phillips.

One other nugget that will interest Cowboys fans: I've been told by two different sources that Phillips wanted to hire former Chiefs offensive coordinator Mike Solari to coach the offensive line, but was trumped by owner Jerry Jones, who opted for Hudson Houck

By Matt Mosley (Hashmarks) on ESPN

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks/0-5-1...es-to-make.html

hedster (1/23/2008)
Cowboys have some hires to make

January 23, 2008 10:57 AM

One other nugget that will interest Cowboys fans: I've been told by two different sources that Phillips wanted to hire former Chiefs offensive coordinator Mike Solari to coach the offensive line, but was trumped by owner Jerry Jones, who opted for Hudson Houck

By Matt Mosley (Hashmarks) on ESPN

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks/0-5-1...es-to-make.html

At least he is not like that meddlesome Blank.......