Carlton Thomas vs. Mareo Howard

g6773a

Both are really good back. But I have to go with Carlton Thomas. Quick and fast. For a guy his size 5'7, he can run with power. He is going to be close to Thomas Brown if not better. Both are about the same height and their style of running are also similiar.

Knowshon, Caleb King, Dontavious Jackson, Possibly Richard Samuel if Coach Ritch does not move him to LB, Carlton Thomas. That is a crazy backfield if none of them redshirt. We can have fresh leg in and defend have to adjust to each guy. I hope we can add Washaun Ealy in class of 09. Report has says he love UGA.

UGA_DAWG46 (1/23/2008)
Both are really good back. But I have to go with Carlton Thomas. Quick and fast. For a guy his size 5'7, he can run with power. He is going to be close to Thomas Brown if not better. Both are about the same height and their style of running are also similiar.

Knowshon, Caleb King, Dontavious Jackson, Possibly Richard Samuel if Coach Ritch does not move him to LB, Carlton Thomas. That is a crazy backfield if none of them redshirt. We can have fresh leg in and defend have to adjust to each guy. I hope we can add Washaun Ealy in class of 09. Report has says he love UGA.

A couple of those guys will get redshirted if Knowshon and Caleb tear it up next year. I can see Dontavious and maybe Carlton getting redshirted. Carlton may have a chance at kick and punt returner if he turns out to be something special in summer/fall practice.

I have no idea what they are going to do with Richard Samuel. He can play both RB and LB very well. Coach Jancek and Ball may have to fight it out for Samuel services.

freakyfalcon (1/24/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (1/23/2008)

A couple of those guys will get redshirted if Knowshon and Caleb tear it up next year. I can see Dontavious and maybe Carlton getting redshirted. Carlton may have a chance at kick and punt returner if he turns out to be something special in summer/fall practice.

I have no idea what they are going to do with Richard Samuel. He can play both RB and LB very well. Coach Jancek and Ball may have to fight it out for Samuel services.

One of the guys have to play. You can't have just 2 rbs playing next year. IMO Carlton Thomas plays. He is a great 3rd down option and a terrific special teamer. Richard Samuel must be redshirted due to his age. Regarding his position a lot depends on this upcoming class. We have a bunch of lbs right now (9 lbs who are sophomores or freshman) and we look to add 3 or 4 more with how deep the lb position is in georgia this year. If UGA can get jarvis jones, chase vasser, eric fields, and one other top lb in georgia then richard samuel stays at rb. He is going to be the hammer at rb for georgia. He is bigger than the current guys and if you saw his rb video he is a terrific prospect there. A lot depends on what happens this year regarding numbers and how many they want to get with a limited scholly class. Regarding Djax I wouldn't count him out of playing. One big reason caleb didn't play was because it was clear he wasn't ready yet to handle protection schemes, etc, but some guys pick that stuff up better than others.

I guess that it is because I am not impressed with the highlights I have seen of Thomas, that I ask this question. A couple of years ago, Howard just destroyed LaGrange in the Georgia Dome, and it seems like half of that defense is now playing for the Kentucky Wildcats. When I watch those Howard highlights, I see a player with good vision, nice moves, good speed, and good hands. One thing Howard's highlights do not show, he is an accomplished pass blocker.

Maybe I am just a homer!